Telling the Truth

Dark Lake Academy

“I still don’t think we should tell them anything,” Ravi heard Sori warn, “the more they know, the more they’ll want to help.”

“And the more they help,” Hyoyeon added, “the more chance that they’ll get hurt.”

“The way things are going,” Yuri frowned at the two older girls, “I don’t think that it’s going to matter much.”

“I think I liked it better when everyone hated this place silently,” Suho laughed sadly, “it made protecting it so much easier.”

“Are you going to tell us anything?” Xiumin called out, “or are we just going to sit here until morning?”

“We’re coming,” Suho smiled slightly, “keep your fangs in.” Xiumin rolled his eyes at the lame joke.

Once the four people who knew something were standing in front of the group, silence fell over the room. Everyone sat, waiting for Suho to provide all the answers. Well, more like hoping that he would because if he didn’t know everything than things suddenly got a lot scarier.

“Someone is coming to Dark Lake,” Suho announced, “we don’t know who, but we do know that they aren’t part of an illegal gang.”

“Going by what Hyoyeon’s contacts have said,” Sori added, “whoever it is hasn’t had any contact with the gangs. They haven’t asked them for help, for an alliance, for a meeting. Nothing. No chatter. That probably means they’re confident with whatever man power they currently have.”

“Thanks to warnings from the ghosts who have contacted N, Sehun, and Minji,” Hyoyeon continued, “we know that their aim is to kill someone here. But we don’t know who.”

“We should assume it’s either someone new,” Sori’s gaze drifted for N for a moment, “or someone very powerful.”

“So it could be, like, Hongbin?” Ken suggested, “Or it could be you?”

“Exactly,” she nodded, “sine this is their first time planning an attack, we can assume that their target only just showed up or that they’ve only now managed to get the man power needed to take down their target.”

“Meaning the target is either a new student,” Hyoyeon explained, “or a very powerful one.”

“We can also assume that it’s not Kris,” Yuri spoke up, “if he was, than the sniper would have shot to kill, not to wound.”

“Then why shoot Kris hyung at all?” Tao asked.

“Probably to test out defences,” Suho explained, “Jaesun showed up a few days ago. He’s the one who attacked Kai. If he’s working with our enemy, then they sent him in here to test response time. See how far he can get before we catch him. Hurting Kai was either part of the plan, or an extra. Something just for the sake of upsetting Sori and Kris since they chased him off the last time he was here. The sniper’s main goal was likely to see how easily they could get in and out after an attack.”

“So what now?” Chen finally asked, “How do we deal with this?”

“Stay alert,” Sori replied, “keep an eye out for anything strange and report it to us or the ISBIP agents.”

“And trust your instincts,” Yuri suggested, “if something doesn’t feel right, like if the forests seems to quiet, get out of there.”

“It’s late,” Sori said, looking at the clock on the wall, “and it’s been a long day, so I want you to rest.”

“Don’t worry,” Suho smiled, “we’ve got everything under control.”

The others almost wanted to point out that the attack earlier proved just how out of control everything was, but they didn’t have the heart to say it to Suho’s face. Besides, a part of them wanted to believe that Suho was right.

At least, that’s what Ravi wanted; to believe Suho’s words about everything being fine. If everything was fine, then he didn’t have to worry about the safety of his hyungs and dongsaeng. If everything was fine, then he didn’t have to worry that just leaving his dorm room for class could end with his death.

“Suho is right,” Hongbin smiled, trying to sound confident as the pair walked to their room, “we shouldn’t worry.” Hongbin grabbed his hand, sending him feelings of calmness just as they’d seen Luhan do with Sori and Sehun countless times. Ravi nodded, trying to look confident. Hongbin apparently bought it because the fae headed off to his room.

Lying in his bed, Ravi recalled the look on Sori’s face as she told everyone everything. While her expression had given nothing way, there was this look in her eye that he’d only seen twice before; when she’d gotten into a fight with Miss Choi and after Jaesun showed up. He knew that meant she was worried. Very worried in fact.

With that thought. Ravi fell asleep.

--

Ravi’s eyes weren’t open, but he could tell that he was in a field. He could tell by the smell of wild flowers, the feel of the grass against his bare arms, and the sound of leaves rustling in the nearby trees thanks to the gentle breeze. He could also tell that his head was resting on someone’s lap while that person brushed their fingers through his hair.

It felt so nice, so peaceful, that he never wanted to leave. He didn’t even want to open his eyes for fear that it would spoil his dream. At the same time, he wanted to look around. At the very least, Ravi wanted to be able to see who was running their fingers through his hair.

He sniffed the air, trying to catch the person’s scent, but all he could smell was wild flowers. Ravi turned his head, burying his face in the person’s stomach. He still couldn’t discern their scent from the smell of the flowers, but it felt so nice that he couldn’t make himself care. The person let out a small noise that sounded like a scoff. This was when Ravi pulled back, eyes open wide in surprise. He knew that scoff. He’d heard it enough times since he started at Dark Lake to know who it belonged to.

“Sori?” he asked, looking up at the slightly amused expression on the older girl’s face.

“It took you long enough to notice,” she replied, looking slightly amused as she took in his shocked expression.

Ravi sat up in bed, panting. What was Sori doing in his dream? Was he dreaming about her? Why would he be dreaming about her?

Ok, so that last part came out wrong.

It sounded like an insult and he didn’t mean for it to sound like that. Sori was a beautiful, strong young woman. Lots of guys at school found her attractive, himself included. But, as far as he knew, that was as far as his feeling went; acknowledging that she was hot. He found a lot of girls hot, that didn’t mean he dreamed about them. And he defiantly didn’t dream about being with any of those hot girls in fields full of wild flowers.

Ravi fell back against his mattress, trying to figure out how that had happened. It hadn’t felt like a normal dream, something about the look on Sori’s face just before he woke up told him as much. He kind of wanted to ask her about it, but he wasn’t sure if he’d even be able to face the older girl after that dream.

“I hate my life,” Ravi sighed, rolling onto his stomach and hiding his face in his pillow.

--

“You look like hell,” Kai laughed as Ravi sat down beside the werewolf.

“Thanks,” the shifter rolled his eyes.

“He’s in a bad mood,” Hongbin explained, patting his friend’s shoulder, “he hasn’t told me why, though.”

“What happened?” D.O asked, lightly hitting Kai’s back as the werewolf started laughing again when Ravi tripped over a chair leg he was too tired to notice.

“Couldn’t sleep,” Ravi replied, “I had a weird dream and couldn’t get back to sleep.”

“Weird how?” the vampire asked, “like something weird happened in the dream or the whole thing felt strange.”

“Is there a difference?”

“If something weird happened, it might mean that a nightmare entered your dream,” Tao joined the conversation, “but if the whole thing felt off, maybe someone was dreamscaping and pulled you into their dream.”

“People can do that?” Ravi remembered hearing about dreamscaping once before, but it had never been explained to him.

“Yeah,” Tao nodded, “I only know one person who can do it, but it was Sori noona explained.”

“What is dreamscaping?” Ravi asked.

“Well, a dreamscaper can enter anyone’s dreams,” Tao explained, “and they can shape them however they want. Basically, they control the other person’s dream and that person just has to sit there and take it. Like a director giving an actor a script.”

“So who do you know with this ability?” Ravi questioned, hoping that Tao would tell him that Sori was a dreamscaper. Because if she wasn’t, then that meant he was. That meant that he’d created that field and pulled her into it. Being a dreamscaper meant that he was the reason she’d been running her fingers through his hair.

“Minji,” Tao replied, “it’s not that common a gift. I think only two students have it, but I don’t really know them.”

“It’s one that kid down the hall?” Kai asked, “You know, that nymph kid who always yells at us for being too loud.”

“And there’s that girl Yuri noona rooms with,” D.O said, “Yuri noona is always complaining about her because her thoughts are so erted.”

“You can add one more to that list,” Ravi sighed, “I think I dreamscaped last night.”

A/N: how in the world is Ravi ever going to face Sori after this? poor boy must be so embarrassed. and there will be one more update tomorrow.