Radio Silent

Dark Lake Academy

“What the hell?” Hyoyeon whispered, looking at the phone in her hands with a bewildered expression on her face.

“What’s wrong?” Suho asked, dropping down into the empty seat beside her while Lay and Xiumin sat down across from them.

“You know how I have a bunch of contacts in the illegal gangs, right?” she frowned slightly, “like, a lot.”

“Yeah,” Lay nodded.

“You’ve got people in ever gang in the country,” Xiumin nodded as well, “even a few in other countries.”

“So what’s wrong with that?” Suho asked, “Are you getting for it from the boss or something?”

Suho didn’t think that would be it. After all, thanks to Hyoyeon’s connections the ISBIP had been able to stop a bunch of gang wars that would have cost innocent people their lives. Even more that would have exposed the world of supernaturals to the humans.

“No,” she told the three, “it’s………all my contacts are silent.”

“All of them?” Suho asked, clearly just as alarmed as Hyoyeon.

“There’s no way,” Xiumin frowned, “there’s too many of them for all to be silent.”

“But they are,” Hyoyeon scowled at the phone in her hands, “each and over one. I’ve got some ‘this number has been disconnected’ messages. Others told me to leave a message. And then even more just……..they ring and ring and ring.”

“That’s not good,” Lay frowned, “not normal at all.”

“Exactly,” Hyoyeon sighed.

“So,” Xiumin asked, “what do we do about this?”

“I have no idea,” Hyoyeon hung her head, hating the feeling of helplessness she was feeling right then.

“We have to tell the others,” Suho said, “that much is for sure.”

“Yeah,” Xiumin nodded, “naturally.”

“Should we tell Sori?” Lay asked, “I mean, after the message……..I’m not sure if she should hear about this.”

“We can’t not tell her,” Suho pointed out, “that will get her even more upset.”

“True,” Lay conceded.

“We can tell Ravi,” Xiumin suggested, “and he can decide when and how to tell her.”

“Even though I’m not normally one for shifting responsibility,” Suho sighed, “that seems like the best way to go about things right now.”

The others nodded in agreement before heading off to find the rest of their friends so that they could deliver this new bit of troubling news.

A/N: now that is strange, right? Wonder what caused all of Hyoyeon’s contacts to just…..drop of the face of the earth like that.