Parent's Day Part1

Dark Lake Academy

Sitting across from his parents, Chanyeol couldn’t keep himself from smiling. He loved his parents and the only bad thing about coming to Dark Lake was that he was separated from them. They’d always been so supportive of him and they’d showed that same love to Lina, too. Getting to see them was well worth the uncomfortable feeling his hiding his wings under his shirt.

In Chanyeol’s mind, his parents were perfect.

“So who’s school going?” his father asked the two teenagers, “make any new friends?”

Chanyeol quickly launched into a story about his new roommate Ken, along with Ken’s friends, had joined his group of friends. Lina just smiled and nodded along until his mother got her talking. That was something else Chanyeol loved about his parents, they were always able to make Lina – a naturally shy and quiet person – smile and talk.

--

“How are your grades?” Sehun’s father asked.

“Good,” the necromancer nodded, “I’m in the top five.”

“Good,” his mother nodded.

Sehun felt like bashing his head against the table. Talking to his parents was so awkward when they were avoiding the elephant in the room; his ability to see and talk to ghosts.

“How are your roommates?” his mother asked after a pause, a clear sign that she was having trouble thinking of things to say to her son.

“They’re good,” Sehun shrugged, “they’re all meeting up with their parents today, too.”

“That’s good,” she forced a smile, “I hope they have fun talking to each other.”

Knowing the relationship between Kai and Kai’s father, Sehun highly doubted that it would be a ‘fun’ conversation. Tao and D.O probably weren’t going to have a great time either.

--

“The ISBIP isn’t working you too hard, right?” Suho’s mother frowned, looking over her son as if expecting to find an injury of some kind, “when was your last mission?”

“They aren’t working me too hard at all,” Suho laughed, “and my last mission was two weeks before school started. Remember, I had to provide an for council man Kwon’s granddaughter.”

“Oh right,” his father laughed, “Kwon has been singing your praises ever since. You and Kris.”

“Where is Kris?” his mother asked, looking around, “I thought he’d be here to greet us like always.”

“Sori has a visitor coming,” Suho frowned ever so slightly, “so the ISBIP asked Kris to provide protection.”

“Sori has a visitor?” his father blinked in surprise, “who? She’s never had any visitors before.”

“Is something wrong?” his mother asked, “did something happen to her?”

“Some shifter council man is showing up,” Suho shrugged, “he probably just wants to try talking her into joining someday.”

“Like that will happen,” his father laughed, “after the way they’ve treated that girl, they don’t deserve to be in her presence.”

Suho smiled hearing that. He couldn’t help but love the way his parents cared for Kris, Sori, Yuri, and Hyuna. It was like they considered those four to be just as much their children as Suho was. He knew his friends returned that feeling, even if they never said it out loud.

“Now, tell me how Yuri and Hyuna are doing,” his mother said, “I saw them helping Minji and Hyoyeon set up. I was about to go over to them to talk, but they looked so busy I just couldn’t bring myself to distract them.

--

“Well this is fun,” Hyoyeon sighed as she watched all the parents interacting with their children.

“Maybe if we’re lucky someone will get in a fight and we’ll have to break it up,” Hyuna giggled, trying to make a joke out of the situation.

“Not likely,” Yuri frowned, “everyone who’s come so far is on their best behaviour, “no one want’s to be the one to repeat past patents day incidents.”

“So,” Hyoyeon frowned, “we’re going to be stuck here doing nothing all day? Great. I should have brought my English notes with me, then I could be doing something useful.”

“Don’t frown so much,” Hyuna tried to get the blond to smile, “at least you aren’t alone. You have us to keep you entertained.”

--

N sat in his dorm with Leo and the boys, watching TV. None of them had really been in the mood to go down and see everyone reuniting with their parents, so they all decided to watch a movie instead. N kind of wanted to know what was going on with Sori and the council representative she was meeting with. But he’d been warned by several of the others – like Kris and Luhan – to stay clear of everything today.

For some reason, he felt like staying in his dorm was a very smart move. Something told him that a few of the adults coming wouldn’t take to kindly to someone like him – someone with no aura.

Ravi was a little worried about how things were going with Sori, too. Every so often, he glanced at the door, visibly debating the pros and cons of going to see if she was ok. However each time Jessica’s warning of staying away from the council representative rang in his ears and he stayed where he was.

 --

Sori and Kris stood outside the front doors of the school building with Jihu. The oldest of the three kept looking at his watch, his mood getting increasingly bitter with every look.

“How much later are they going to be?” Kris scoffed, looking out across the parking lot.

“From what Jessica told me,” Sori frowned, “the rep whose coming likes to do things like this to people he deems unworthy of his presence.”

“So we’re unworthy?” Jihu laughed darkly, “good to know. I’ll remember that the next time I have to have a meeting with this guy.”

“He’ll come, though,” her eyes narrowed, “whatever he wants to talk to me about is important. He might be a few hours late, but he’ll still show up.”

“I hate when the councils mess us around,” Kris muttered, taking a seat on the front steps.

--

“Hi dad,” Xiumin greeted his father as the older man entered the cafeteria, “how are you?”

“I should be asking you that,” the man laughed, hugging his son, “you’ve lost weight. Are they working you very hard?”

“No more than usual,” the vampire shrugged, “the new vampire kids are sure trying, though.”

“The pain of being a leader,” his father smiled, patting his back, “but I know you can handle it just fine.”

“Thanks dad,” Xiumin smiled himself, “come on, let’s get you something to drink.”

--

“I saw Sori and Kris waiting outside,” Lay’s mother said, “is everything alright with those two?”

“Sori has a visitor today,” Lay replied, “Kris is providing protection for them.”

“I heard about that,” his father frowned slightly, “there’s rumors going around that the old coots are looking for some fresh blood for their old boys club.”

“We’ve heard that, too,” Lay frowned, “I was worried that they were going to try making Sori that new blood.”

“She’s a smart girl,” Lay’s mother smiled at him, patting his head to comfort him, “she isn’t going to let herself get caught up in the council’s games. Don’t worry about her, dear.”

“I know,” Lay frowned, “I just don’t want her to get hurt.”

“If it makes you feel better,” his father shrugged, “not matter what the council does to her, I’m always going to respect and support that girl.”

“Thank dad,” Lay smiled slightly, “I’m sure Sori will be happy to hear that.”

If Lay had to pick one thing he loved about his parents, it would be how open and accepting they were of others.

--

“And then Chanyeol cast this awesome light spell,” Baekhyun told his mother, “It lit up our whole room. Scared the crap out of our roommate and he moved out the next day.”

“What did Minji say about that?” she asked, trying to supress her laugh, “was she mad?”

“A little bit,” he shrugged, “but she didn’t punish us too badly because that guy shouldn’t have done what he did to Ken.”

“Where is this Ken boy?” she asked, looking around, “I want to meet him.”

“He’s with his friends,” Baekhyun explained, “They don’t have any parents, so they wanted to avoid all of this.”

“I see,” her smile faded slightly at the realization that Ken and his friends were orphans. She always hated the idea of a child being without parents to care for and love them.

“We can go and meet them now I you want?” Baekhyun offered, “Ken’s friends are my friends, too.”

“Alright,” she nodded, her smile growing thanks to her son’s happiness.

--

“Grades?” Luhan’s father asked.

“Good,” he replied, “I’m in the top five for my grade.”

“Very good,” his father praised before the pair fell silent, both trying to think of something to say to the other.

Luhan could feel his father’s love for him, but it was a bit overshadowed by the concern that came from thinking his son had problems. Being able to feel that from his father made Luhan wish that fae weren’t empaths because it really hurt him to know exactly what he father felt about him.

A/N: round 1 of parent’s day. I got most of the happy reunions done in this chapter, so be ready for some drama in the next. Oh! And to explain Xiumin’s situation: as the oldest vampire at the school, he’s like of the leader of them. he’s in charge of all vampire-only meetings, all vampire celebrations, and helping new vampires get used to being a vampire.