Wolf Brothers

Dark Lake Academy

A/N: I just want to start by expressing my condolences for Christina Grimmie’s family and friends. For those who don’t know what happened, I think Philip DeFranco’s video should explain it. I…….I honestly thought it was some kind of joke when I saw that video title. And then I clicked it and……….I can’t fully wrap my head around this, around why someone would do this to someone else. A 22 year old girl is dead and…..she didn’t do anything wrong. I’m just……I’m shocked and horrified and……and sad. I remember the first time I heard about her. A buddy of mine in media arts class showed me one of her videos and I was just….amazed at how a kid a couple years younger than me could be that good of a singer, that…….that bright a person, and yet she wasn’t some big name that everyone knew. That was, like, when I was in grade 11. And Christina never gave up, she kept trying to make it as a singer and…….she could have been a huge name, she had the talent for it that's for sure. I just……I can’t believe that someone just…..did that to her. Took away her light from the world like that. I just……I just needed to say that.

 “Keep running!” Kris yelled, pushing Heesun and Hyoyeon ahead of him.

“I know!” the female werewolf snapped, “but if you keep pushing me, I’ll trip.”

“Sorry,” the dragon snapped in return before letting his wings out enough to shield them from the bullets being fired at them.

“How did those guys even sneak up on us?” Kai couldn’t help but ask, “We should have smelled them.”

“Should have,” Chen nodded, “but we didn’t. no point in worrying about it now. We can ask questions later.”

“There’s only seven of them,” Hyoyeon commented, “we could take them.”

“We don’t know if they have any powers,” Kris replied, pausing just long enough to send a fire ball at their enemies. Hopefully it would slow them down a little bit, widen the gap between them and the students.

“We can’t keep running either,” Chen argued, “they aren’t stopping. Running won’t make them stop.”

“No!” Kris yelled, images of his dead friends flashing before his eyes, “we keep running.”

“You have no plan,” Chen muttered under his breath, “I do.”

Chen wasn’t stupid. He knew why Kris was so reluctant to fight. He’d seen Lay, Hyuna, and Hyuk’s dead bodies too. He was scared too. But he couldn’t let that fear control him. Not right now. Not when it could be the difference between his friends living or……or joining their dead friends in the afterlife.

As it turned out, whatever Chen was thinking didn’t matter because suddenly the wall to their left was being blown open.

Kris grabbed the girls, wrapping his wings around them as the blast sent them flying through the wall to their right. Chen and Kai were thrown forewords, both rushing to cover their heads so the pieces of wall didn’t cause them any head trauma. They’d already suffered enough of that.

“Kai?” Chen coughed as everything went silent, coughing slightly because the air was thick with dust.

“Yeah?” Kai asked, “I’m here.”

“You alright?” Chen asked, crawling over to his brother and looking him over for any injuries.

“I’m good,” Kai coughed, “just a little dazed. What happened?”

“Hell if I know,” Chen sighed, “but it seems like whatever happened took down those guys chasing us.”

The brothers shared a small smile before Chen winced, hand clutching his side.

“Chen?” Kai asked, “what’s wrong?”

“My side,” Chen hissed, pulling his hand away to reveal his bloody palm, “it must have gotten cut open in the blast.”

“Oh god,” Kai cried, “this is bad. You’re bleeding a lot.”

“I’ll be fine,” Chen tried to assure the younger, “we need to make sure that Kris and the girls are alright.”

“But,” Kai started to say when the pair heard something shifting around behind them.

“Crap,” Chen growled, turning to find a couple of the guys who’d been chasing them slowly getting up.

“We have to go,” Kai cried, grabbing Chen’s arm and pulling him to his feet, “the others should be fine.”

“But,” Chen started to say, but Kai quickly cut him off.

“No time,” Kai yelled, pulling his brother away.

“No,” Chen tried to resist, “Heesun--.”

“If we’re lucky,” Kai whispered, “they’ll only chase after us.”

“And if they don’t?” Chen asked, too hurt to really resist Kai’s pulling.

“Kris is awake,” Kai tried to smile, “he can take care of the girls. Right now, we need to work about us.”

“Fine,” Chen sighed and the brothers rushed off as fast as they could go.

Lucky for them, the guys followed them.

Even luckier, their attackers were just as hurt as Chen, if not more, so they could easily out run them without putting Chen in anymore pain.

“In here,” Kai hissed, rushing to pull his brother into a small closet.

“You sure?” Chen whispered, sinking to the ground even thought he thought they should keep moving.

His wound wasn’t fatal or anything like that. In fact, the blood had mostly stopped already. Maybe if he hadn’t been moving so much it would have stopped completely. Regardless of the amount of blood, the wound still hurt like a . And that pain just seemed to drain his energy too.

“Are you alright?” Kai whispered, curling up against he’s brother’s side.

“I’ll be fine,” Chen assured him, “but I think I’m out of this fight. Well, unless you can get Hongbin down here to fix me up.”

“The others should be fine without us, right?” Kai asked, “They’re all really strong, so they should be good.”

“They’ll be fine,” Chen sighed, “I know they will. I’ve got faith in all of them to win this. To end this.”

“Do you want to just stay here?” Kai asked, “Or do you want to see if we can find a way back to Yuri, Leo, and Hongbin?”

“Smarter to stay here,” Chen said after thinking it over.

“Alright.”

A/N: so…….not as bad as last week, right? We’re getting closer and closer to the end and……and I think it’s making it hard to write new chapters. I’ve been writing this story for so long and the end being in sight…….I don’t want it to end *cries* each chapter brings us closer to being done and I don’t want the end to come yet