Boom and Burn (yes, that is the best title i could think of)

Dark Lake Academy

“N!” Leo called, helping Hyuk down the stairs, “hurry up.”

After the massive explosion rocked the building, the six teenaged supernaturals had tried to recover as fast as possible and get out. There was already so much fire, so they knew that time was limited. On their way out of Hyuk’s dorm, a beam had given away and part of the ceiling had fallen, pinning the three youngest. Out of all of them, Hyuk was probably the most hurt because the parts of the ceiling that had pinned him had also been the parts that were on fire.  

“But,” N called back, “I can smell Suho.”

“Of course you can,” Ken yelled from ahead of Leo where he was helping Hongbin and Ravi, “he lives on that floor! His dorm his right across the hall from Hyukkie’s dorm.”

“No,” N growled, “he’s still in his room!!”

“What?” now that got everyone’s attention.

Suho was not just any kind of supernatural, he was a dragon. And his power? Water. Yet when they had passed the dorm his shared with Xiumin, Lay, and Chen the door was broken, revealing the burning inferno inside.

“I’m going to get him,” N said, starting to turn around, only to be stopped by Leo.

“I’ll get him,” Leo said, handing Hyuk over to N, “nightmares don’t catch fire.”

When N tried to argue, Leo simply changed forms. When Leo changed into his other form, his shadow started wrapping around his legs, crawling upwards until his was covered in the inky blackness. The darkness then started taking the shape of a horse. The others watched as the horse shaped shadow creature suddenly opened its eyes; crimson red orbs. Just as suddenly, fire exploded from where the horse’s mane and tail should be.

“I see your point,” N admitted when the horse – Leo – shock his mane.

Leo nodded before turning around and running off to find Suho. The flames at his sides as he entered Room 501, but he didn’t feel it nor did the fire do him any damage. Just as N had said, Suho was there, pinned to the floor by a heavy support beam. The dragon was breathing, but he’d been knocked out. Looking out the window, Leo found Xiumin and Chen on the ground. Moments later, Lay flew in through the shattered window.

“Suho got us out first,” the shifter explained, “he said he was going to put out the flames, help others get out, but we heard a crash and then nothing.”

Leo nodded before helping Lay push the beam off. With their combined strength getting Suho free was easy and the pair was soon getting the dragon out via the stairs. As they moved, Leo wondered about everyone else. He knew that Xiumin and Chen were safe outside and N had probably gotten Ravi, Hyuk, Ken, and Hongbin out of the burning building, but what about everyone else.

--

“Push,” Kris growled, pushing against the burning beams blocking the window.

Tao and D.O grunted, pushing just as hard as the dragon. On the other side of the room, Kai, Luhan, and Sehun were trying to move the beams blocking the door. While Kris was fine with all the fire and smoke – the perks of being a fire breathing dragon – the others where starting the struggle for breath. The smoke was too thick for them to keep going for much longer.

Kris and Luhan had been visiting the younger four when the explosion went off. After recovering from the shock of what had happened, they had tried to escape. They’d realized from the start that the window was blocked, but it was only after opening the door that they found that several beams had fallen, blocking off the hallway. Kris wasn’t sure if the whole hall was blocked, but it hoped that it wasn’t. Someone might need to use it to get out.

“Maybe,” Luhan coughed, “you can try burning a path? Like burn through the beam and the window.”

“I’ll try,” Kris said, “I just hope I don’t do more damage and bring the whole place down on us. Who knows who else is still in here, too.”

“Wait!” Kai suddenly yelled, “The beam just shifted!”

He pointed to the window. The others turned to see that the werewolf was right. The beam had shifted slightly, revealing a small space just big enough to crawl through. It would be a bit of a squeeze for Kris, since he was bigger than the others and they’d all end up with a few burns, but it would be worth it. a few burns always beat burning to death.

D.O was the first to go since he was the smallest and sure to get through, followed by Luhan. Once on the other side, they called for the others to follow before jumping down. D.O helped Luhan with that part since the vampire could handle the jump from the fourth floor. Close behind them was Tao and Kai, both of whom wasted no time in jumping down to the ground. Sehun crawled through no problems and waited for Kris on the balcony.

The necro looked around and quickly noticed the smoke coming from the girl’s dorm. His heart froze as he thought of his female friends before realizing that they might not be his only friends in trouble. The poor boy was so caught up in his thoughts of fear that he didn’t realize Kris had gotten out and flown them both to the ground until his feet touched the grass and he heard Kris yelling.

“Suho!” Kris yelled just as the other dragon came into view, “are you alright?”

“He’s fine,” Lay said, helping Suho to stand, “he just too a hit to the head.”

“I need to find some other water users,” Suho said, eyes still a little unfocused, “we can work together to put the fire out.”

“I’ll go look,” Chen said, pulling away from Kai who was shaking slightly in his arms before running off. Kai whimpered a little before latching onto Hyuk.

“I’ll help, too,” Ken said, “I know all the water magic users.” The warlock ran off in the opposite direction then Chen.

“Where are Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” Ravi coughed, looking around the group of males, “and the girls?”

“Taeyang isn’t here either,” Hyuk commented, resting his head on Kai’s shoulder as the other werewolf and Hongbin helped him to sit.

“He’s there,” Xiumin pointed to the form of someone running, “he was talking to me when the…..whatever that was went off. I told him to get Jihu. Looks like he got more than just him.” the others looked to see several ISBIP agents running their way, their panicked expressions getting clearer the closer they got. Those with special hearing could already hear Jihu shouting orders about what to do.

“As for the others,” Lay sighed sadly, “I don’t know.”

N looked around, hoping to find Sori. when he didn’t see her, he took off running.

--

“Lina!” Chanyeol yelled, blasting his way through the window into the dorm Lina, Sori, Jessica, and Heesun were in. or supposed to be in. the fallen looked around, head wiping from side to side, only to find no one.

“The door is open,” Baekhyun said, dropping to the ground beside his best friend and pressing his wings close to his body, “they must have gone out that way if their window was blocked.”

“Let’s go!” Chanyeol didn’t wait to run into the hall.

The pair hadn’t gone three steps before they heard wild pounding coming from Hyoyeon and Hyuna’s room. Looking over, they found a couple of flaming beams resting against the door, preventing anyone from opening it without getting a face full of fire. Baekhyun could already see the flames starting to at the door. Pretty soon, there would be no way out for whoever was inside.

“Hyoyeon!” Baekhyun yelled, “Hyuna! Are you in there?”

“We’re here!” Hyuna said, voice weak thanks to the fact that she’s breathed in a lot of smoke, “We can’t get out.”

“I’m going to blast the door,” Baekhyun said, “stand back. On the count of three, alright?” the pair called back an ok and Baekhyun started counting. When he got to three, he blasted the door with his light, leaving nothing of the beams or the door.

“Thanks,” Hyoyeon smiled as she helped Hyuna out into the hall. The fallen exchanged worried looks when they saw the female fae’s state. Hyoyeon didn’t look much better, but at least she could walk.

“Do you know where Lina is?” Chanyeol asked as the group of four made their way to the stairwell.

“She’s with Sori,” Hyoyeon replied, “and Heesun and Jessica. We passed them in the hall just as we were heading into our room. They said they were going to the common area. They probably only just got to the second floor when the explosion happened.”

“What about Sooyoung?” Baekhyun asked, recalling the little witch and her nymph roommate, “and Taeyeon?”

“No idea.”

--

“Let me go!” Sori yelled, fighting against Jessica and Heesun, “I have to go in there and help!”

“Shifters aren’t fire proof!” Jessica yelled back, “and we had enough problems just getting out of there.”

Like Hyoyeon had predicted, the group of four had only just gotten to the landing of the stairwell on the second floor when the explosion happened. One second, they’d crossed paths with Taeyeon and Sooyoung who were on their way up and started to talk. The next, their ears were ringing, there was fire everywhere, and the floor had given out under their feet.

Jessica and Heesun had recovered from the fall first and started dragging the other four out. As she was pulled out, Taeyeon has used her gifts to fix the hole they had fallen through, knowing that the hole was so big that it would prevent anyone from escaping the burning building. Sooyoung and Lina were both out cold, but thankfully they were breathing normally. Sori had landed wrong and her left arm was obviously broken, but she demanded to go in and help. Especially when she hadn’t seen Hyoyeon or Hyuna escaping the building.

“Sori!!” the shifter in question turned slightly to find N running towards her.

“N,” her shoulders relaxed slightly at seeing him alive and well, “where are the others?”

“Other side of the dorms,” the changeling explained, “where are Hyuna and Hyoyeon?”

Just as he asked, the two in question exited the building with the help of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The taller of the fallen almost dropped Hyoyeon in his rush to Lina’s side. Before he could panic too much at seeing her out cold, several ISBIP agents rushed over with medical equipment.

“Everyone’s alive,” Sori sighed, watching everything going on around her, “thank goodness.”

“Yeah,” N sighed, throwing an arm around Sori’s waist and resting his head against her shoulder, “we got lucky this time. So lucky.” Sori nodded just as water started to fall, a result of Suho and the others who could use water.

“So lucky,” she said, reaching up with her good hand to run her fingers through N’s hair. She had no idea what was going to happen now, now that their dorms were destroyed and their home no longer safe, but everyone was alive and that was enough.

A/N: I feel like I could have stretched this into two chapters, but I’m happy with this so *shrug* it’s fine.