Keeps Getting Worse

Dark Lake Academy

“Crap,” N hissed.

“What?” Luhan paused, catching Ravi’s arm so that the shifter actually stopped.

“We have a problem,” N explained, “Hyuk said that there’s a group of armed guys in the direction we’re going.”

“So we change direction,” Jessica shrugged, “what’s the problem?”

“The only other way to get to Sori before she finds Jihoo goes right by his changeling,” N frowned, “and we won’t get past her undetected.”

“Crap,” Ravi growled, “and she’ll probably have a way to alert Jihoo about us being around. He’ll be on his guard and it will put Sori at a bigger disadvantage.”

“So what do we do?” Luhan asked.

Soo Ah is alone,” Hyuk reported, “so there’s a chance we could take her.”

“But she’s a changeling!” N argued, “An experienced one at that. We’re at a massive disadvantage facing off against her.”

You’re a changeling,” Hyuk scoffed, “and after what you just did to save Ravi? I’ve got faith that you can take her. Alone or with help.

“You’ve got too much faith in me,” N growled, “I’m telling you, I can’t fight her and win.”

You think you can’t,” Hyuk shrugged, “I know you can.”

“I know you can win, too,” Ravi spoke up, “you aren’t giving yourself enough credit.”

“Yeah,” Jessica nodded, smiling slightly, “N, you’re so much stronger then you think you are.”

“Exactly my thoughts,” Luhan nodded, clapping a hand on N’s shoulder, “I say we go the direction this changing is in.”

“Fine,” N nodded after a pause, “fine. I’ll fight her. Ravi? Just……just focus on going after Sori.”

“Right,” the younger nodded.

“You did something,” Jessica whispered to Luhan as the group started to move, “he gave in too easy.”

“Yeah,” Luhan nodded, but he didn’t say anything else. Jessica just smiled slightly before the pair turned their attention to the task at hand.

 

--

 

“We should find the others,” Jaesun said, helping Sehun to his feet.

“Yeah,” the necromancer nodded slightly, tears still running down his face.

“Where do we go?” Tao whispered, “How do we find them? Are they….are they…..?”

Xiumin is with Ken and Lito,” Lay reported, “Heesun was knocked out and Hyoyeon was hurt. Krystal and Taeyang are a little banged up, but otherwise alright. Kris is alright. Suho is alive, same with Chen, but they won’t be fighting again anytime soon. Kris is with Suho and Kai is with Chen, though, so they’ll be fine. N, Ravi, Luhan, and Jessica are trying to get to Sori before she finds Jihoo.”

“What about Baekhyun?” Sehun asked, “and Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun is alive,” was all Lay could say before Sehun broke down crying again.

“This way!” the group heard someone yell, followed by the sound of dozens of feet headed in their direction.

“Damn it all,” Jaesun growled, grabbing Sehun’s arm and roughly pushing him in the opposite direction.

The others followed, unaware that they were destined to get caught in the same explosion that Suho and Kris’ groups had gotten caught in.

A/N: so next week is gonna be a crazy one. Got a doctor’s appointment for starters (it’s just for a full psychical, don’t freak out and think I’m sick or something) and from there? God dang, if I have time to sit, I’ll consider myself lucky. So, sadly, next week might not have a chapter. I mean, I might have time to crack out a little something, but I promise nothing so don’t expect anything.