I Will Not Leave You

Dark Lake Academy

“The happened?” Jaesun groaned, slowly picking himself up from the rubble covered ground.

“Don’t know,” Sehun replied, shifting slightly so he could look around now that Jaesun wasn’t shielding him, “all I remember is a loud noise and then you were crashing into me.”

“That loud noise,” Jaesun hummed thoughtfully, “sounded a lot like a bomb going off.”

“Because we needed more of those,” Sehun muttered, slowly getting to his feet, “where are the others?”

“Seems we’ve gotten split up,” Jaesun glared at the massive hole in the floor and walls, “whatever happened, it was big.”

“Lay says it was a bomb,” Sehun spoke up after a moment, “Seems the one that Suho’s group triggered wasn’t alone.”

“A rigged hall way I’m guessing,” Jaesun muttered, moving as close to the edge of the hole as he dared and looking around, “probably a couple rigged halls. One went off and ended up setting off another maybe.”

“Lay seems to think so,” Sehun nodded, “it split them all up, too.” He paused, “Kris’ team got caught up in it too, but not as bad as us.”

“Aren’t we lucky then,” Jaesun couldn’t help but give a bitter laugh.

“Lay is gonna go check on how everyone is,” Sehun reported, “Hyuna is going to find Sooyoung, D.O, and Tao.”

“Alright,” Jaesun nodded, “then….then let’s get out of here. People are going to show up soon, that blast will have attracted their attention.”

“Right,” Sehun nodded, following after Jaesun.

 

--

“D.O?” Tao called softly when he noticed the other vampire starting to move.

“Tao?” D.O whimpered, defiantly feeling the broken arm he’d suffered when the floor vanished from under them and he crashed into one of the floors below.

“I’m here,” Tao replied and D.O tried to locate his friend.

“Tao?” D.O asked, slowly getting up, “where are……you?” D.O’s eyes widened when his eyes finally landed on Tao.

The other vampire was pinned under several pieces of floor and wall. While none of that was too alarming, D.O could easily dig the other out, the long piece of pipe sticking out of Tao’s shoulder was. The pipe was dig deep into the floor as well, effectively pinning him down.

“I’m alright,” Tao assured the other as D.O quickly crawled over to him, “it missed anything too important. It honestly just hurts.”

“But,” D.O struggled for words, the smell of Tao’s blood filling his nose and tricking his mind into thinking that things were a hundred times worse than they were.

So many of his friends were already dead after all.

“D.O!” Tao snapped, realizing where his friend’s head was, “I. Am. Fine.”

“I-I know,” D.O tried to nod, tried to keep his head focused, “I-I need to free you.”

But before D.O could do anything, the pair heard the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer to their position.

“Crap,” Tao hissed, hands flying to the pipe and trying to remove it. If failed to move, even when D.O moved to help.

“It isn’t moving,” D.O growled, clearly getting desperate as he started clawing at the floor under Tao like that would help free his friend.

“You need to go,” Tao told him, silently deciding that he was ok with this. Ok with dying here. So long as D.O was ok, Tao was fine.

“No!” D.O cried, tears starting to well up in his eyes, “I’m not leaving you here to die.”

“I’ll be fine,” Tao tried to assure him, faking a smile, “just go.”

“No,” D.O growled, wiping his eyes, “I’m not going to leave.”

“D.O,” Tao hissed, trying to figure out some way to get his friend to leave.

It didn’t matter in the end because all too soon, four men with guns turned the corner.

“Crap,” Tao winced, realizing that both of them were going to die.

“I’m not going to let you people take anymore of my friends!” D.O growled, turning to glare at the gunmen, “I’m not going to let you hurt anyone ever again!”

With that, D.O charged at the men. The men clearly weren’t prepared for such a move and because of that they didn’t start to fire until D.O had already ripped open the throat of one of the men. A few of the bullets went into D.O’s chest, but his healing ability was quick to negate most of the damage. From the ground, Tao watched with wide eyes as D.O made short work of the remaining men, ripping open their throats without a second thought/

“Wow,” Tao finally said when the last body dropped and D.O turned to him.

“Xiumin’s a good trainer,” D.O smiled slightly before moving back to Tao’s side, “I think were going to have to snap that pipe and pull you off.”

“Fine,” Tao nodded, “let’s do it.”

“It will hurt,” D.O said, already working to snap the pipe off as close to Tao’s shoulder as possible without messing with the part in Tao’s body.

“I’ll heal,” Tao shrugged.

D.O nodded, snapping the pipe and pulling Tao off the metal. The pair then scampered off looking for a place to hide while they recovered from their wounds.

A/N: almost didn’t get around to writing this chapter. I’ve been a little under the weather this week, mostly brought on by the weather. But I managed to hammer out a chapter, so never mind all that!