Brother

Dark Lake Academy

Sori did everything in her power to hold back her whimpers of pain, but it slipped out anyway. Jihoo laughed, clearly delighting in her suffering, so she tightened her grip on his back leg, delighting in how his body tensed as he held back his own cry of pain. Even if he’d beaten her to the point she couldn’t stand, let alone see straight, at least she’d mangled his back legs pretty darn good.

There was no way he’d be walking away from this fight. No, Jihoo wouldn’t be walking anywhere for a while after the job she’d done ripping his ankles apart. It almost made up for all her cracked and broken bones, for all the blood that was no longer in her body. Sori was determined to at least make him hurt since she’d come to realize that she couldn’t kill him.

And on top of that? The worse he was hurt, the easier it would be for someone else to take him down. With Jihoo’s handicap, Suho or Kris could probably take him down. Or maybe Xiumin could manage it if they crossed paths. No matter who ended up facing Jihoo next, Sori was determined to give them an advantage.

“Stupid girl,” Jihoo sighed, shifting into the form of a bear, “so very, very stupid of you to come here and face me alone.”

Sori just growled back, struggling to keep her jaws around his leg. Jihoo huffed, knowing that she wasn’t going to let go easily, so he stood himself up on his back legs before smashing his front down on Sori’s legs. Putting any weight on his legs hurt, but he chose to ignore it in favor of making Sori hurt more.

“Ah!” Sori cried, finally letting go as she tried to claw at anything she could reach in hopes of getting Jihoo to get off her legs.

“About time you let go,” Jihoo laughed after shifting back into his human form and putting some space between himself and the younger shifter, “you’re a fighter, that’s for sure.”

“Like you didn’t know that already,” Sori hissed, shifting back into her human form as well.

“True,” Jihoo nodded, “your spirit is without doubt your greatest attribute. It will be both a pleasure and a shame to destroy it.”

“Good luck with that,” Sori hissed, “you’ve clearly mistaken this situation as one where both parties are making it out alive.”

“No,” Jihoo smirked, “you’re the mistaken one. The winner of the fight gets to decide what happens to the loser and I’ve decided that you’re going to live.”

“Not gonna happen,” Sori growled, “I refuse to live as your…..your breeder.”

“You haven’t got a choice,” Jihoo replied, “that is exactly what you are going to do. And I am going to enjoy every second of it.”

“Always knew you were a sick monster,” Sori hissed, glancing around and contemplating her options.

She didn’t doubt for a second that Jihoo was going to do exactly as he said and she refused to let that happen. She would much rather die in this blasted basement then become his breeder. She’d rather die than be forced to birth any of his offspring. As much as Sori didn’t want to die…..as much as she wanted to have faith in her friends ability to beat Jihoo…….did she really want to risk becoming Jihoo’s toy?

“Get away from her!”

Sori and Jihoo startled, looking towards the entrance to find Ravi.

“What?” Jihoo growled.

“You’re alive,” Sori whispered, eyes wide and starting to fill with tears.

“I said get away from her!” Ravi yelled again, moving farther into the room.

“Stupid boy,” Jihoo scoffed, hiding his wince as he moved away from Sori and closer to Ravi, “you should have stayed away from here. Or stayed in that rubble. Either one, just so long as you didn’t interfere with my plans.”

“When your plans concern my girlfriend,” Ravi hissed, “they concern me.”

“You’re girlfriend?” Jihoo laughed, “How cute.”

“Shut up,” Ravi growled, glancing over at Sori who had recovered from her shock and was mouthing directions at him.

Honestly, he wasn’t totally sure what she was saying. However he thought she was mouthing something about legs, so he quickly glanced down at Jihoo’s legs. Sure enough, his ankles were bloody and the skin looked pretty torn up. If Ravi looked close enough, he was sure that Jihoo’s legs were shaking a little bit because of the strain of standing. Ravi had to work pretty hard to hold back his proud smile as he realized that Sori was the one who’d done this to Jihoo.

“Hold onto that idea of being boyfriend and girlfriend,” Jihoo laughed, unaware of Ravi’s thoughts, “it will comfort you in your final moments.”

“I’m not going to need it,” Ravi replied, “because my final moments are years from now. If anyone needs something to comfort them in their final moments, it’s you.” Ravi paused, considering his next words, “big brother.”

“….what did you just call me?” Jihoo paused, clearly unsettled by this, “you……but……” his eyes narrowed as he took time to actually study Ravi’s face before they widened in shock, “no. this……no.”

“Yes,” Ravi smirked before shifting into the largest animal he could think of and charging at Jihoo.

For his part, Jihoo tried to combat Ravi. He tried to put up a fight. But Ravi’s words had put him completely off balance. He had known his brother was alive, but……his brother was right before him. He’d met him before, they had crossed paths a few times in fact. And Jihoo hadn’t noticed the family resemblance. That resemblance that was staring him straight in the face now. A voice in the back of Jihoo’s mind taunted him with his delight over the idea of meeting his brother on the battle field, of Sori bringing him into the fight. He had laughed about it, suggested to the ghosts of his parents that he should give Sori a tip about his brother so that it could happen.

And now it was and things were not going as he had hoped.

Not at all.

Jihoo had never been good with things that didn’t go his way. That went against his plan. Years of always being the smartest person in the room, the one controlling everything, hadn’t helped. So his brother appearing…..it should have been just a tiny flaw in his otherwise perfect plan. In fact, it was only a tiny flaw. Jihoo’s mind just couldn’t wrap itself around a solution and that drove him absolutely crazy trying to understand how in the world just a little thing could throw him off so much.

Putting Jihoo at even more of a disadvantage was his legs.

All too soon for Jihoo’s like, he found himself being pushed off the edge of the floor, dangling over the very hole he had dropped Sooyoung into not that long before.

“Please,” Jihoo cried, not at all sure what he was begging for or why he was even trying, “brother.”

 Ravi had nothing to say to that. No catchy one liner or final word. No, the man who was to blame for all the death didn’t deserve anything like that. He only deserved death and silence.

So that was what Ravi gave him.

He let Jihoo fall.

A/N: I think this turned out pretty good. But what matters is what you guys think. ……..so did you like it? Honestly, I’m a little worried that you guys won’t like it so……….comment???