Saved?

Sweet Melody

Joon Ho grabbed his phone and dialled L.Joe's number. He tapped his foot impatiently. "Hurry up... Hurry up..."

"WHAT THE F*** HAVE YOU DONE TO ~~~~~ YOU BASTARD?!" L.Joe yelled.

"L.Joe, listen to me. I don't have enough time. You've got to trust me on this one. You've got to come here. I don't know what those bastards will do to her next."

There was silence before L.Joe finally asked, "What do you mean?"

Joon Ho sighed and said, "Trust me. Alert the police." Joon Ho quickly told L.Joe where you were. "Come with your friends. Bring back up. I don't know. Just come... and quick."

*******************************

You cried and cried. Your whole body hurt. Your lips were stinging. They had pulled out the strings from your mouth but it hurt. Suddenly, you heard thudding footsteps. You gasped and backed into the wall. There was a figure. Joon Ho. You yelped. He came close to you. "Calm down... Shhh..."

You managed to ask, "W-what a-are y-you do-doing here?"

"Does your mouth hurt?"

You nodded.

He took out something. It was a first aid kit. "Sorry. This might sting a little." He removed the ropes that bounded your arms and legs.

After a while, he treated your wounds. He said, "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know until it was too late. I couldn't remember." He looked at you. "I've called L.Joe. He'll be here soon..." Suddenly, there was voices. They were back. Joon Ho was shocked. "." They came in.

One of his friends yelled, "What the hell?!"

Joon Ho looked at you and said, "Run! There's a door over there!" He threw over a key. You caught it and ran.

*******************************

L.Joe rushed towards the warehouse. He looked at the address that Joon Ho had given him and nodded. This was it. He nodded at CAP. Niel and Ricky started to call someone. Chunji scanned the area with his careful eyes. Changjo did the same.

They could already hear yelling and shouting coming from inside the warehouse.

L.Joe looked at CAP worriedly. CAP looked at Niel who looked at him, also worried. He sighed and nodded. L.Joe quickly ran into the warehouse with Changjo. Chunji and CAP were not far behind. Niel and Ricky were waiting for the police to come. They were waiting for their gangs to come.

Just as L.Joe ran into the warehouse, he saw Joon Ho struggling with a group of boys. CAP and Changjo ran off to help him. He scanned the area, trying to look for you. He heard muffled screams and looked to that direction. There you were, being dragged by your shoulder-length hair that grew after your haircut. He let out a yell. You saw him and yelled out, "L.JOE! HELP ME!"

"LET GO OF HER, YOU SON OF A !" The person grabbing you scoffed. L.Joe ran towards him. He could hear Niel and Ricky coming in. The gangs had arrived. L.Joe could hear Chunji barking out orders. You scratched and clawed at your capturer. L.Joe kicked him. He let go of you. L.Joe looked at you. "RUN!"

You shook your head.

He looked at you. "RUN!"

Stubbornly, you stayed glued to the spot. You were not going to leave without him or your friends or your brother. You felt strong arms grab you. "Let's get out of here." It was Changjo.

"B-but... L.Joe is..."

"Don't worry about L.Joe! Just run!" He pulled you to the door and shoved you out. You grabbed at the door. Just as Changjo was about to drag you, everyone froze.

"STOP OR I'LL SHOOT!"

It was one of Joon Ho's 'friends.' He had a gun. He was pointing it towards L.Joe. You gasped. "NO! DON'T SHOOT HIM!"

He grinned, but was shaking like mad. "Too bad."

He pulled the trigger, just as Joon Ho jumped in front of L.Joe.

Before you could register what was happening, Changjo had already pulled you out and carried you away from the warehouse. He only stopped when he reached a road. He put you down and said, "Stay here."

"B-but..."

He looked at you. "No buts."

You watched as he ran off. You tried to follow him but he was fast. You didn't know where he went. You choked down your tears, and aimlessly wandered. You were lost. You obliviously walked onto the road, where a truck was rushing down. BAM!

You were on the ground. You could hear your name being called. You smiled and you recognized L.Joe's voice. You hummed your ringtone. You looked up and saw an angel's face. He was crying. You continued to hum. He nodded and held you close to his chest. He was humming too. He was urging you to stay awake. Your vision darkened. You couldn't sense anything... except the sweet melody that played on in your head.

*******************************

The funeral was a few days later.

*******************************