The Orphanage

Sweet Melody

After school, you manage to escape from Changjo's grasp. You noticed him looking for you but escaped before he saw you. You jump into your limo and say, "Home please."

Your driver nods, "Yes Miss."

As your limo turned around the corner, you could see Changjo cluelessly looking around.

*******************************

The first thing you did when you got home was change out of your uniform and into more comfortable clothes. After that, you stayed in your room and did homework.

Once you had finished, it was almost five o'clock. You wandered around your new home. You look out the window to check if Joon-Ho was back yet. He wasn't. There was still time before dinner so you went out.

You decided against taking the limo because you didn't want to attract attention. You walk around aimlessly, not knowing where you should go and were you should not. You arrive at a park and take a seat on the park bench. You close your eyes. You could hear the soft chirping of birds and the barking of dogs. You hear a small laugh and open your eyes.

In front of you stood a small child around five years old. He smiled and said, "Noona, here." He handed you a small daisy.

You smile at him and say, "Gamsahabnida." You look around and ask, "Where's your mum?"

"His mother is in a better place now." You look up and see a nun smiling. "Annyeong."

You stand up, bow and say, "Annyeong. Nice to meet you. I'm ~~~~~."

The nun smiled and said, "Nice to meet you too. I'm Sister Marie."

Curious you ask, "Sister Marie, what do you mean by 'she's in a better place now'?"

Sister Marie looked up to the sky, did the sign of the cross and answered, "She is in heaven."

"You mean..."

She nods, "He's an orphan. A very cheeky one too." She squads down and says to the boy, "Tommy, don't run off like that. You might get lost."

Tommy nods.

"Let's go back to the orphanage now. Say bye bye to noona now."

Tommy shakes his head and says, "No, Tommy want to play with noona."

Sister Marie started to say something but you say, "Tommy, how about I come with you? Then we can play together with all your friends!"

Tommy smiles and nods eagerly. "Yes! Yes!"

You look at Sister Marie for approval. She smile and nods.

*******************************

When you arrive at the orphanage, a bunch of children rush up asking, "Who are you?" "Can you play with us?" "What's your name?" "Are you going to stay?" "How old are you?" You laugh and introduce yourself. "Annyeong! I'm ~~~~~! I'm fifteen. Do you want to tell me your names?"

Slowly all the children introduce themselves to you. It wasn't long until you had the whole orphanage up and running around, playing together.

You sit down for a rest and smile. I've never had so much fun in a long time!

Sister Marie sits down next to you. She smiles sweetly and says, "I never though a teenager like you would visit here voluntarily. Don't you rather be partying with your friends?"

You smile and answer, "Truthfully, there's no other place I'd rather be. I've never had this much fun."

You sit and chat with Sister Marie until you noticed the time.

Youssay goodbye to her and the kids. Just as you turned around, someone grasped onto your shirt. It was Tommy. You squad down and say, "Bye bye Tommy." You push his fringe out of his sweaty face.

He shakes his head and says, "Noona... play with Tommy longer. Please?"

You laugh and say, "Tomorrow, ok Tommy? Noona will come tomorrow to play with Tommy. That is if I'm welcomed here."

You glance at Sister Marie who smiled and said,"Of course. You're welcomed here anytime."

Tommy nods and says, "Pinky Promise."

You link your pinky with his and sealed the deal.

*******************************