Awake

Sweet Melody

L.Joe looked at you. You asked again, "Were you the ones who put Joon-Ho oppa in hospital?"

L.Joe sighed. "~~~~~..."

"Were you?"

He looked away.

"Oppa. Please tell me... Tell me the truth. I won't hate you. I just want to know. Tell me everything."

He sighed again. "We got someone to... take care of him. Not kill him. We kidnapped him for a while. I don't know how he ended up escaping and at the bottom of that cliff."

You sighed in relief then asked, "Why did you do that?"

"We wanted to protect you... we didn't want to see you hurt. We just wanted to teach that bastard a lesson. Do you believe me?"

You nodded. "Yes."

He leaned in and just as your lips were about to meet, your phone rang.

*******************************

You rushed into Joon Ho's hospital room. His mother was sitting by him, feeding him congee. He was sitting up. He was alright. He looked up and saw you. You carefully approached him.

For some reason, he seemed... different.

Joon Ho looked at you curiously, then to his mother. "Who's she?"

She looked at you, apologetically and said, "Joon Ho... doesn't remember much." She turned to Joon Ho and said, "This is ~~~~~, your new sister. Don't you remember her?"

Joon-Ho shook his head. "Not really... But never mind! Nice to meet you." He held out his hand. You reached out and shook it.

The new Joon-Ho was... different. He seemed more innocent and child-like. You hoped this was a good thing.

*******************************

You stayed at the hospital for the rest of the day. Joon-Ho's mother went home to freshen up. You stayed by his side. He was sleeping. You looked at his handsome, sleeping face. It was so innocent. You were not afraid of him anymore. He seemed to have forgotten everything. He didn't even remember his own mother.

You slowly dozed off to sleep.

*******************************