Monsters

Sweet Melody

You woke up the next morning, in L.Joe's arms. You smiled at his sleeping face... until you saw his bruises.

You trusted Teen Top. They weren't dangerous. They'd never hurt anyone... but why did they disappear so much? Where did they go? Why was L.Joe hurt? Why were they so... feared?

You traced L.Joe's jaw line and snuggled close to him.

"~~~~~?" He had woken up.

"L.Joe..." You said, shakily.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know."

He sat up, worried. "What's wrong?" He started to examine you.

"L.Joe..."

"What?"

"I want to know some things. Please... answer me truthfully."

He touched your cheek. "Of course. I'd never lie to you. Ask me anything."

You took in a deep breath, "Tell me... How did you get so many injuries last night?"

He looked at you for a minute and admitted, "We were... in a fight."

"Who is 'we'?"

"The rest of Teen Top."

You were worried. "Are they all ok?"

"Yeh. They're fine."

You sighed in relief. "Why? Why were you all in a fight?"

"We had to take care of some things." He shifted uncomfortably.

"What?" You needed to know. You were never the curious type of person but seeing L.Joe all bruised up last night... It hurt you. You needed to know. "Please L.Joe. Tell me everything. I want to know. I need to know."

A minute of silence passed. L.Joe finally sighed. "I'll tell you everything. About me and Teen Top... Just promise me, don't change your mind about me and the others."

You nodded. "I promise. Tell me."

"Teen Top... we're a gang. Not just a school yard gang... but a real gang." He looked at you. "We... do things... like sell drugs."

You asked, "Why? Why would you need to? You have money. You're all going to inherit your parent's money. You have a good life... so why?"

He smiled, unhappily. "Our parents..." He scoffed. "They're the ones who are forcing us to do all this. They may appear all rich and well-brought up, but do you really know them? They're all in charge of the biggest gangs in Seoul. They only opened up businessed for disguises. My family... we opened up night clubs. We opened up big restuarants. Do you understand? Do you see the connections? We sell drugs in our nightclubs."

You nodded.

"Our families are monsters. We're monsters, all of us in Teen Top. I'm a monster."

You shook your head. Your eyes were blurring. You hugged him and whispered, "No... no. You guys are not monsters. You are my friends. You're not monsters. I don't care what you do. Don't call yourself monsters. Never ever. Do you understand?"

He nodded and wiped away your tears.

"I love you... no matter what you do. I love you."

"I love you too."

Then you remembered something. That night at probably CAP's house. When you had called Changjo. What you heard CAP and L.Joe say... about pay-backs. You looked at L.Joe. "Did you do something to Joon-Ho? Were you the ones who put him in hospital?"

*******************************