Step Family

Sweet Melody

You stand up quickly when your father walk into the room. He smiled and said, "~~~~~, meet your new mother and brother." In walk a  beautiful woman around her mid-forties followed by a handsome boy who was obviously older than you. You smile and bow politely. The woman smiles in return, "~~~~~, nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from your father." You reply, "It's nice to meet you... mum."She walks towards you and pull you in for a hug. "I'm so happy! I've always wanted a daughter." She gestures to the boy. "This is my son, Joon-Ho."  She smiles and says, "I'm sure you two can get along." Even though you'd only met her for less than two minutes, you adored her already. So this is what a mother is like. you think happily.

*******************************

As you unpack your clothes, you think about all that has happened the past month. You think back to the day of your parents' marriage. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. You say, "Come in." In walked your mum and brother. She looks at you apologetically and says, "I'm sorry to be leaving you and your brother on your own. I know I should stay with you especially when you're just moving into the area and you're starting a new school tomorrow..." You smile and say, "Don't worry mum, I understand. Me and oppa will be fine. Don't worry about us. Enjoy your honeymoon with dad." She smiles. "I'm glad you understand." She walks out of the room. You look at your new oppa and wait for him to leave but he doesn't. Instead he stares at you from the doorway. You ask quietly, "Is there something I can do for you?" He smirks and walks away. What's with him?

*******************************