8th Chapter

My Precious Sandara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hakeem, if you don't mind. I can send you to your hotel." I finally offering my hand. We've been sitting on this fancy restaurant for almost one hour but his driver still haven't show up because of the traffic jam. He invited me to have a dinner with him and weird is I will say my yes immediately without thinking twice. We spent time together almost everyday since 2 weeks ago and everytime Chaerin call me I always lying to her, telling her that I'm still inside the office. I feel guilty everytime but when I'm with Hakeem, the feeling of missing Chaerin is gone. Hakeem presence helping me so much to fill the emptiness. As I said I can see Chaerin inside him. Their character is almost alike. When their eyes meet mine, it seems the same stare from two different people. When they smile I feel complete. The way Hakeen talk to me, very slow, very soft, very low just like Chaerin. When he ask something from me he never missed adding the same stare Chaerin gave me when she wants something. Sometime I'm wondering, who is this guy and why I can see Chaerin in him?

"No. It's okay Dara. Just leave me here. He'll arrive soon." He shooking his head. Rejecting my offered with his slow voice and that smile never fading away. Sometime I feel something inside my heart when I'm with him. I'm really comfortable with Hakeem but I don't think it's love because in this heart it's only Chaerin's name written on it. I like him because of the way he's treating me. Very gentleman.

"Come on. I insist. It's getting dark. He might trapped in the traffic jam for hours." Maybe he don't know that I'm a stubborn rich girl as what Chaerin called me before.

"I just don't want to burden you." He said still smiling making me smiling back to him.

"No. It's fine. Come..."

"Okay then. Let's go." He finally stood up. He took my handbag and carry it as what he always did. He said this is for caution, in case if there's any snatcher around us. I was fluttered when he first did that before. He's so protective. He said when I'm with him I'm his responsibility so he need to always keep me safe before returning me back to the right owner. My home. Lee Chaerin.

I turn on the car as we get inside the car and drove away. We keep talking and laughing the whole road. He can't stop making me blushing and laughing, teasing me in his very gentleman ways. Talking with him making me didn't realized that the speed of my car quiet fast when we're at the junction I felt something weird.

"Hakeem.. the brake is not working!" A smile on his face fading right away when he heard my panic voice.

"Try to keep stepping on it. It might be stuck somewhere." I obey and keep stepping on the brake over and over again.

"It still not working!"

"Try the hand-brake but don"t pull it too fast, the car gonna fly off it it's speeding." I pull the hand-brake but my car seems getting fast and fast.

"Hakeem!" I'm start panic.

"Calm down. Concentrate on the road ahead and don't step on the gas. Let the car move by its own."

How can I calm down when the car is getting fast by its own?! My palm getting cold as my heart almost ripping out of my chest until suddenly someone face appear on my mind. I took the phone and give it to Hakeem.

"Help me to dial Chaerin's number. I put her name Baby in the contact." I said panicly as I giving my best to keep focus on the road and I don't know why Hakeem seems calm beside me or he's just pretend to be calm?

"Here." He said and I quickly put on my bluetooth handsfree. Second after, Chaerin answer her phone.

"My precious..." Hearing her voice making me calm a bit although my hands still shaking.

"Baby! My brake is not working!"

"What?!" She yelled on the line. Her breath turns irregularly.

"Come on baby do something!"

"Where are you now?" Her voice can't contained her worriness.

"I'm on the highway."

"Who's with you inside the car?" She ask. I gulp and glance at Hakeem calm face beside me for a second.

"I'm alone!" And I don't know why at this moment when I could see the death right in front of my eyes I'm still lying to my wife! I could see Hakeem giving me his weird stare through the side mirror. I could hear a sounds behind Chaerin on the line. I guess she's driving too. Really fast.

"My precious have you try the hand brake?" At this moment I'm mentally mad at myself. I can feel how worry she is right now. She can't even breathing well but her voice still calm.

"Yes but it's not working too!" Her breath getting more heavier.

"Calm down okay my precious. Now tell me how fast are you speeding right now?"

I look at the meter. "180KM/HOUR." I heard her cursing.

"How much gas in there?" Still calm but this time I could hear voice trembling abit.

"Full tank baby."

"So I guess the car still could go for 450KM more. There won't be any when the car reaches Busan and until then, anything can happen along the way..." Her voice seems she's thinking.

"Okay my precious listen carefully, don't panic and stay calm. There's only two ways to stop the car and I don't want you to drive till the car running out of gas so listen up. I lead you out of this busy area to a quieter area with less traffic...."

And that's when I heard a lot sirens behind me. A traffic cop and few patrol car that I believe it's belong to NIS because it has no logo except the red siren on the rooftop. They speed from behind and escorting me. One of the traffic cop at the front signalling me to follow him. I do as what I've been asked.

"Dara I guess we should change the seat. Let me drive. I think I know what is the plan to stop the car." Hakeem speak up. Chaerin goes silent on the phone. I'm sure she heard Hakeem voice. I shooked my head. It's not the time!

"Baby....."

"I will position myself in front of your car and reduce the speed. You will hit my MPV until the car stops. Copy that?!" I shook my head again. With this speed if I hit her car, I could kill her!

"No! I won't do this! You know how fast I'm speeding! If I hit you I'll kill you!" My tears falls and makes my sight a bit blur but lucky we're in this silent and quiet road while the cops is leading me.

"There's no other way. Just stay calm and wait for further instructions. Now follow the cop on the bike" Chaerin goes silent again.

"Baby please!" I shout while holding the sterring wheels tightly. Then the black MPV over take me and position itself in front of me. It's Chaerin!

"When I say now hit me on the back and make sure you wearing your seat belt!"

"I won't do this! Don't your hear me? This could kill you!" I yell frustratedly.

"I won't let you drive to Busan! Anything could happen to you during that period of time! Before it happen to you it is better if it happen to me first! Do you understand that? Now get ready."

"No!" My eyes locked on her MPV at the front. "Chaerin no!" I shout again as I see her reducing her speed.

"Now!" She shout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter