45th Chapter

My Precious Sandara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sandara Park..." 

The doctor snapped her out from her daydreaming and she looked at him with a tint of redness upon her cheeks before she looked down and fidgeting with her fingers, probably feeling all shy as she got caught spacing out. I can't help but to smile at her small shy gesture which I find cute. I can't remember the last time my wife gets so shy about things, in fact it's kinda rare to see her cheeks turned crimson unless when I look into her eyes without saying a word which is my favorite things to do when words aren't enough to tell her how beautiful she is. 

"I'm sorry..." She whispered with a small tone and slowly lift her head to meet his eyes.

"Are you feeling dizzy or nausea?" He asked. Sandara quickly shake her head and the doctor nodding his, satisfied. Hopefully, this will be her last check up with the doctor regarding her past traumatic and should I say, catastrophic event 8 months ago. That was my most terrifying moment in life and I have never been that scared my whole life. I believe neither of us would forget that day including my father, King Philip. 

"No loss of balance or hearing? Ringing in the ear?"

"No. I'm good." She answered.

"Your majesty, looks like your wife is getting better now." The doctor turn to face me before he writes something in a paper. I nodded and looked at my wife, thanking God for Sandara's progression in recovering. Not the easiest nor the fastest but at least she's getting better and better now which is such a big relieved to me. Witnessing how she slowly collecting herself back up on her feet again was painful to me but she never give up. She's stubborn and she known with it but now her stubbornness has paid off. She slowly regained her speech, her memory slowly getting back to her as well as her balance. Those stutters were gone and our three hours argument this morning is the proof, her speech is back to normal. Her hands no longer shaking. She finally can walk and running around, definitely, nightmares and trauma has slowly gone too. Except for one thing. She still flinch whenever her skin made contact with someone. Her body still tense when I made too much skinship. I couldn't touch her without her permission unless she initiate the skinship which is very seldom. Doctor told me it will get better with time and with lots of trust too. 

"Thanks, doctor Kang. You've been helping me a lot since you got here. I can't thank you enough for your kindness." Kang flashes a friendly smile, shaking his head. He came to this small province and volunteering himself to help our government with treatment and medication since six months ago and he ask for nothing in return. God has sent this man and right away, lessen our burden when an unknown virus spreading from Mongolia to Sinuiju through air which has taken lives until Kang found the cure which is the biggest milestone in his life as a young doctor when the world announced his successful finding in curing while five other countries whom has infected by the same virus struggling to find its cure. 

"Your majesty, I will do everything in my power to help you and your people for as long as I'm still needed here. And to help your wife getting better and witnessed her recovery after each of our therapy is such a great honor to me. Thanks to your wife and her father's foundation, I am finally doing what I love the most."

His sincere smile and his sincere speech has got me speechless and I'm sure he can take that hint as I'm so grateful of his existence and thankful for his help. He never knew Sinuiju was existed until Sandara's father advertised about Sandara's foundation in South Korean national television for the people in Sinuiju. He right away contacted my father in law and learned about us through him before he decided to come here and staying until everything gets better. 

"One more favor, Kang. The next time we're having a conversation, I prefer if you cut off the formalities and starts calling me Chaerin because here, I don't do palace protocols. I don't like getting called with that name." I said before excuse myself and leave his small room following with Sandara behind. I could see his lips formed into a wide smile before I close the door. I'm sure he get that hint as my friendly gesture instead of rudeness. 

___________________________________________________

"Remember when you got stabbed right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter