42th Chapter

My Precious Sandara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara jump out of the bed when the white cotton pressed on her wounded temple, she running around the room in fear before hiding herself under the desk, covering her both ears, her eyes scans her surrounding making sure her new hidden place is safe and wouldn't hurt her. It took me nearly three hours to get her inside this room convincing her that she is safe and that nobody is going to hurt her here. She was hesitate and reluctant to step inside with me until suddenly she saw Alicio riding Philip's white horse around the palace. Her face lighten up a little, pointed to the horse with her shaky hand while stuttering 'angel' and 'white'. Then I decided to call Alicio and we end up riding the white horse until we reach the main door. And it took me and Alicio an hour to convince her to come inside, keeps telling her there is no harm and we'll keep her safe. After a long session she finally convinced and follow me to our room where the doctor waiting for her. In this room it took me almost an hour too to explain to her about the doctor and that she need to clean her wounds and she need to do a check up. She keep shaking her head, refusing and flinch every time my fingers accidentally touch her skin. And a few minutes ago we get to convinced her to clean up her wound not until now when the doctor press the cotton on her temple and she flinch hardly because the antiseptics hurting her.

 

"Ouch!" She cried out breathlessly. "Hurt! Ouch!"

 

"Why the hell are you use alcoholic wipe on her?" My father yell at his best friend causing Dara to jump a little from under the desk.

 

"Her wound is kind of serious. I can't do it here. We need to get her to the hospital. Look at her. She has a serious trauma going on in her head. I need to do some scan. I'm afraid her temple injuries affected her brain, by the look of her wound it really close to her brain. Now Philip. Now." Doctor Julian said with his slow voice full of concern. 

 

My gaze diverted from the Doctor to Dara who still shaking badly under the desk and hyperventilating. She look so scared and hide her face between her knees for her dear life. I took a deep breath and keep telling myself to stand strong for her even though all this catastrophic event killing me from the inside. I rub my face between my palm praying to God that this time it would go easy on me because convincing her is hard. It take a lot of patient just to get a small nod from her.

 

"Hurt." She groan again but this time her voice soften. Hurt. Ouch. Angel and white is the only words that come out from since few hours ago. Her limited speech confused me but I had to shrug it off for now because what matter most for her right now is her safety and that she needs a lot of check up and help from the specialists. I approach the desk and kneel in front of her. I clenched my fist preventing myself from touching her because right now even a small contact on her skin make her flinch and scared her.

 

"Hey...." I greet her softly. She slowly lift her head looking at me with doubt. My heart broke into pieces when I saw her drenched pale face. I breath in deeply trying to keep my composure. I can't cry in front of her. I can't.

 

"It's fine. You're safe..." I said with my trembling voice. She slowly lift her right hand and pointed to her temple.

 

"Hurt." She whisper showing me where it hurt. I nod my head and took another deep breath trying my best not to burst out into tears in front of her.

 

"I know. I'm sorry." 

 

She pointed to the doctor and stare at him in so much fear. "Bad." She whisper again as if it was a secret between the two of us that only us should know. I shook my head, gripping on the edge of the desk as hard as I can because I really want to hold her shaking hands and kiss them but I know those action will only scared her more so I had to bury the intention.

 

"No, my precious. He's not bad. He is trying to help you." She shake her head, disagreed and pointed to her temple again as she reminds me to what the doctor did to her wound a while ago.

 

"Hey baby.. Look. We need to get you to the hospital okay? They need to check up on you so that you can get better okay?" She stare at me blankly, confused. She seem unaware of her current condition which worried me.

 

"That..." I said pointed to her temple but avoiding to touch her skin. "That needs to get a better treatment so that it won't hurt anymore." Her eyes beamed in sadness before tears streams down her face begging me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter