43th Chapter

My Precious Sandara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Traumatic Brain Injury. This explains why she has trouble with her speech and why it's hard for her to understand more than 10 words at once and the loss of her memory too. I take a deep breath while shaking my head. I don't even know  how am I supposed to react to this. I push the chair to the back and stood up, walking back and forth around the neurologist room while rubbing my nape. Eyes glued to the floor. I don't even want to look at Dara right now because it will only break my heart more and weaken me more.

 

"Her brain injuries is caused by an external force like a strong blow to her head not only once...."

 

"Are you saying they hit her head more than once?" My father interrupted the young neurologist, I could sense anger in his tone but he's trying to slow down his voice as he didn't want to scare Dara who sleeping on the hospital bed.

 

"Yes. And that is on her temple. Looking at her wound it looks like they hit her maybe 4-5 times with a hard object and the strong force she received causes her brain to move inside her skull."

 

My both fist clenched at the explanation that just come out from the neurologist. I finally lift my head to look at Dara. She look so peaceful in her sleep unlike two hours ago. She was screaming for help when the nurses brought her to the scanning room. She went hysterical and banging her hands on the door, crying and begging for me, the nurse had to call me in and it took me an hour to calm her down before the doctor decided to use sedative on her.

 

"Good news is, there is no internal bleeding on her brain and no damaged skull. It just a strong vibration due to the strong hit on her temple which surely causes the changes in her. As you can see she has trouble with her speech and difficulties to understand even a simple words. As for her lost memory, I believe her old amnesia emerged because of the strong vibration on her brain and all these effects are partial, it's not permanent." The young doctor explain again.

 

"So, what is the best treatment method for her current condition?" I finally speak up as I look at the doctor. She flashes me a small smile before she took off her glasses and place them inside her pocket.

 

"I have bad news too." She said in a slow tone and that causing my breath stuck in my throat for a few seconds. My father look at me with his terrified stare. I can feel my stomach grumbling inside and my heartbeat quicken.

 

"As I said earlier all of this is just temporary but during her recovery there will be a huge changes in her. There's a big chances she will went through a deep depression, anxiety as in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Intermittent Explosive Disorder it's a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger and violence often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand like impulsive screaming triggered by relatively inconsequential events. She has that sign earlier in our scanning room." She pauses as she noticed two pair of eyes staring at her blankly, not knowing how to react. She give us her sympathy look.

 

"I know it's a lot to take for the both of you right now but I had to tell you both this. At this moment she no longer has control over her brain which means she can be aggressive at times and locked herself in a dark room the next day. For the treatment my suggestions is she need a lot of therapy and support from the both of us. That is the kind of treatment she needed for now but if her IED getting uncontrollable and out of hands I had to suggest for the rehabilitation. She can be dangerous to the people around her, mostly to herself." 

 

"Did you mean she will hurt herself?" I ask between my insane heartbeat. The doctor nod her head.

 

"Yes. She will. So, no matter what Ms. Lee never leave your wife alone and always keep her mind occupied with something that makes her happy. Do not let the negative emotion gets to her. One more news for you Ms. Lee, you said she didn't remember you as her wife but she remember you as the person when she first met you. I'm sorry to break this out to you, she will experience seizures within a week or maybe less and when she woke up from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter