Act 42

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Alright my readers, I finally updated with a chapter. I'm glad you all are so understanding. I don't know how long this story will be but it's bound to come to an end. I will make sure it's the best ending with happy tears (no sad tears). Enjoy. Once again, please ignore my crappy terrible grammar/writing.

Act 42 - I'm here to stay

Victoria P.O.V

“Didn’t you say that you would never part from me? That you never regretted marrying me?” Tears streamed down my cheeks as I tried to grab onto his arm to hold him back.

“That was all a lie. I didn’t mean what I had said.” He replied back, throwing my hand off of his arm.

“No. That’s all a lie. You’re just playing with me.” I laughed but more tears came out.

“Move on with your life. Pretend we never happened. This was all a dream.”

“No!” I shouted as I closed my eyes refusing to believe a word he had said. This is all a dream. He’ll never leave me. I continue to chant over and over but I knew I was losing him.

I sank down to the ground pouring out my broken heart. He really was gone. One moment he said he was going to be there with me forever, the next, he’s gone – out of my life forever. Why was fate so cruel to me?

I suddenly shot up of the dream with a beating heart that feels like it’s about to pop out. I turn to my side to find Nichkhun sleeping peacefully in his spot.

“This was all a dream,” I whisper, trying to calm my racing heart down. “All a dream,” I murmur. I lay back in bed facing Nichkhun, memorizing his feature in case anything happened. I know it was all a dream but why does my heart feel so heavy?

“You won’t leave me, right?” I quietly ask him, knowing there will be no response from him.

I snuggle near him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I try to get more sleep.

I woke up to the sunbeam lighting through the curtains. Nichkhun was already out of bed for a few hours considering how cold his side was. I rub my eyes and got out of bed.

“12 PM?” I was shock. Not once have I slept in so late. Earlier when I woke up from the nightmare, I couldn’t fall asleep until 5 in the morning.

Nichkhun was in the living-room watching his favorite show that was airing.

“Good after-noon sleepyhead.” Nichkhun smile.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I ask him as I sat down next to him.

“You look so peaceful and adorable that I didn’t want to disturb you.” He put his arm around my shoulder, planting a kiss on my cheek.

“You don’t have any work?” I ask him. Usually he would be at work or in his study room typing away on his laptop.

“Nope. I’m dedicating this day to you so whatever you want to do, let’s do it together.”

“Wow. My husband who’s always busy is finally giving me this day to spend with me? I feel so special. Should I put a leash on you in case you run away?” I .

“Yah. You should be grateful I’m giving this day to you. I rarely get to spend time with you and I feel bad. Please don’t make me feel anymore guilty than I already am. A man can only take so much before he dies and regret what he should have done.” He frowns.

“I’m kidding. Let me take a quick shower and we can go do some things I’ve always wanted to do.”

 

Nichkhun P.O.V

I watch her dash into the bathroom happily. Once the door closes, my smile turned into a frown.

“I’m never letting you leave my side again,” I whisper.

This morning when Victoria woke up from her nightmare, I was pretended I was asleep. I didn’t want her to know I knew she was having a nightmare, especially one that pertain me. I heard her whispering and murmuring about me, asking me to stay and it was all a lie. I was torn inside. I wanted to tell her it was a nightmare but I couldn’t bring myself to do so; so instead, I pretended I was asleep. What a coward I am.

I’m taking her for granted and I really don’t deserve her love and care but here I am, being spoil. She doesn’t deserve a man like me; someone who doesn’t give her the time, or know that she was being abused under the same household. I’m ashamed of myself.

That is why starting today, I’m going to dedicate every single minute I can with her. I want to treat her best that I can, give her everything she missed out on. I don’t want her to wake up from these haunting nightmares or be scared that I would leave her. I want to provide secure and give her all the love I have.

“I’m ready!” She shouts as she came out all dressed for the day.

“Let’s go.” I turn off the T.V. as I got up from the couch.

Victoria had the weirdest request on our first official date but I wasn’t going to argue. I wanted today to be the best memory so she can dream of nothing but happiness. If I can, I want to replace each and every nightmare she has.

Together we went around hospital visiting children and feeding them food and even holding infants. Nothing can replace the smile and happiness I see in her today. I wish everyday can be like this, where she’s bright and smiles all the time.