Act 29

Marriage with a Handsome Man

I"m sure you all don't want to hear me apologizing since sorry can't cut this, almost a year, without updating this story. But, I'm going to apologize regardless. I'm sorry I was unable to update this story. Honestly, I almost forgot about this story, along with my other stories I haven't updated, since I was so busy with life. Gee, that's such a lame excuse, huh? Lol.

I hope that with the haitus, I'm able to return and actually finish this story. I shouldn't give excuses since I'm less busy now til August.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria POV

All emotions you can imagine runs through my mind, body, and heart as I walk away.

“Did you see him?” she asks me.

“Excuse me but can you keep a secret?” I ask her holding back my tears.

“What?” she weirdly look at me.

“Can you not tell him I was here? The thing is, I don’t want him to know I was here. He’ll be angry if he knows I came here. I’m actually supposed to be in a different country…” I try explaining to her.

“Oh… I’ll not let him know you were here then.” She offers a small smile.

“Thank you.” I bow before leaving covering my sobs that I finally release.

The both of us know what probably happened in there and I hope she doesn’t tell him I was here.

 

Nichkhun POV

“What the heck!” I push Solbi away from me in disgust.

She smirks while I wipe my lips with the back of my clean white dress shirt.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I ask her, half shouting.

“I just wanted to kiss you, is that so wrong?” she stupidly asks.

“Of course it’s all wrong! I’m a married man now.” I explain to her.

“So? Every married man kisses someone else besides their wife.” She sits down on the leather couch crossing her right leg over her left.

“I’m not one of those cheating husband. I want to stay loyal to my wife.”

“If you’ve been so loyal, have you told her that you moved out from your parents’ house?” she asks.

I couldn’t utter a word back to her. It hit me so hard that I wanted to just crumble down to the ground like broken trees. I haven’t told her about me leaving my parents’ house or how I haven’t connected with any of my family members except dad – since we work together.

“I’m sure she’ll love coming home to know that you’re not there.” She smirks.

“I’ll tell her when the time comes. I just don’t want to worry her more than she already is.” I reason.

“I’m not your wife, don’t give me excuses. I’m just reminding you the different of being faithful versus cheating and lying.” Solbi shot at me before leaving my office.

I sink down on my chair as realization hit me. I just wanted to be selfish for a little longer, is that not allowed? I can’t continue seeing my wife suffer because of my family, especially my mom. I’m such a horrible husband to her. She doesn’t deserve a person like me. She deserves a man who can cherish her and give her a life that doesn’t worry her or put her in danger.

 

Victoria POV

I lifelessly wonder around town not knowing where to go. My whole mind was trying to adjust what I have already seen. Can this all be true?

‘No’, I shake my head erasing all the negative thoughts away. Of course he’ll have a reason why all of this happened. He probably didn’t mean to do it. That’s right, Solbi tricked him. I have to hear it out from him before believing someone else’s words.

‘Stay positive Victoria’ I thought to myself as I sit down at a stop bus bench.

 

Nichkhun POV

I shake my head, refusing to think anymore of Solbi’s ill words. I have to fix everything before Victoria misunderstands me. That’s right, I can’t let her leave me or else I’ll be lifeless. I need her in my life. No one can brighten my day like her, even if it’s a simple smile from her.

I pull my phone out and notice all the missed calls I had. I almost drop my phone when I notice majority of them were from Victoria.

“She called?” I mumble.

I quickly dial her number and hope that she’ll answer the phone.

One… two… three… fourth ring…

“Hello?” her tired voice answers.

“Victoria!” I shout shooting up from my seat.

“Oh Nichkhun,” she simply answer back.

“D-did you have something important to tell me? Sorry I couldn’t answer my phone.”

“It’s okay. It wasn’t important anyways.”

“Are you sure?” I ask.

“Well… Nichkhun…”

“Hmm?” My lips could help but smile on their own from hearing her voice. How I miss her.

“Remember the restaurant you first took me on our first date?” She asks.

“Of course. How can I forget it. Why?” I wasn’t sure why she was reminiscing it all of a sudden.

 “Yeah. I want to eat the delicious food they have. Do you want to meet me there?” she asks.

“What do you mean?” I confusingly ask.

“Let’s meet each other there tonight, hm?”

“T-tonight?” I stammer.

“Yeah… I’ll see you there at 7.”

Before I can reply to her, she hang up already. I drop my phone to my lap as I thought over her words.

7PM?

Meet her there?

How?

Isn’t she in China?

Did she return?

No, if she did, I would have known.

‘Are you that positive?’ …

 

Victoria POV

I hop on the bus to Krystal's place to dress for this evening.

'Please don't disappoint me Nichkhun...'

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And there we have it for this act, look forward to the next one. Had to do this so I won't loose you awesome readers. Thanks for your awesome support. Without you all, I'd probably abandon this story long ago.