Act 21

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 21 : First night with the In Laws

Never in Nichkhun's life has he tried food selling on the street. He's mother's corrupted mind always prevented him from eating it regardless if it's delicious or not.

"Can we get some of your dumplings please?" Victoria ask the seller.

"Of course."


He handed victoria some dumplings, who offer some to Nichkhun. He shook his head, declining the offer.

"What? You think it's poisionous?"

Nichkhun didn't say a word but to stare at Victoria.Victoria ate one dumpling, making a delicious sound.

"Yah. You should really try some. It's very delicious." Victoria push the dumplings towards Nichkhun.

He stared at it for the longest time before attempting to grab one. Victoria on the other hand eye Nichkhun like a hawk preying for it's food. Nichkhun slowly pick a dumpling up with a chopstick, debating whether he should eat it or not.

"Eat it." Victoria impatiently shove it at his mouth.

With out fighting an argument, he pop it into his mouth, savoring it's flavor. Closing his eyes, he could taste all the ingredients.

"How is it? Good right?" Victoria ate another dumpling.

"Its.. delicious." Nichkhun gave her a thumbs up.

Victoria laugh at Nichkhun's silliness.

"I told you it's delicious."

Victoria order some more because Nichkhun couldn't stop eating it. Victoria secretly smile to herself when he wasn't looking. When he's not at home, he's not such a jerk, Victoria thought to herself.

They finally move on to the other town of the city.

"To be honest.. It was my first time eating like that.." Nichkhun confess.

Victoria stare at Nichkhun before turning away.

"I should have known that."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Nichkhun dejected.

"Nothing. Oh look, there's a show." Victoria drag Nichkhun by the arm, heading over to the show.

------------------------

"Ma, we're back." Victoria shouted happily.

"You're back. Right for dinner."

Nichkhun wash up before sitting down.


"It looks good." Nichkhun spoke out, realizing that his mother in law doesn't understand him.

"Ma, he says it looks good."

"Really? Eat a lot." Victoria's mother hand gesture him to eat more.


Nichkhun smile at her before digging in. That night, Nichkhun help Victoria with the dishes. They didn't talk much, only when Victoria was handing Nichkhun the dishes.

"You're having fun right?" Nichkhun broke the awkward silence between them two.

"Of course. It's been years since I came back home. It's great to be back." Victoria smile.

"I'm glad you enjoy." Nichkhun dried the plates off with a rag.

-----------------------

Time flew by rather quick, it was already time for Nichkhun and Victoria to departure. Victoria was sad to leave her parents. She knows she won't get to see them for a long time.

Hugging her parents tightly, she didn't want to let go.

"Take care of yourself Toria. Make sure to eat everyday."

"Yes Ma."

"He's a good husband Toria, love him with all you have. Don't ever let him go."

"Yes Pa." Victoria wipe her tears away.

"Don't cry. Be happy. Call us sometimes okay?" Victoria's mother pat Victoria on the head.

"I will." Victoria force a smile out.


"It's time to go." Nichkhun say, waiting for Victoria to settle down.

"I'm leaving.." Victoria wave to her parents one last time before entering the doors where she can longer turn back.

Nichkhun try to comfort her from her sadness.

"I was never a good daughter.." Victoria spoke out once they sat down in their spot.

Nichkhun didn't say a word, letting Victoria tell her story.

"They were against me coming to Korea. I was such a bad daughter, but they never once decline me. They open their arms widely for me to return home anytime." Victoria wipe her tears with her hand.

Nichkhun place Victoria's head on his shoulder, comforting her sadness.

"I should have listened to them when they were against me coming to Korea. Then I wouldn't have to see sadness in their eyes."

"If you haven't come to Korea, you wouldn't have met me and marry me." Nichkhun added.

"True.." Victoria chuckle, wiping her last tears before she drifted into a long sleep.

--------------------

"Unni!" Sherleen hug Victoria tightly.

"Sherleen.." Victoria smile, hugging her back.

"I'm so glad you're back home. How was the trip?" Sherleen ask tons of questions, not letting her take a rest.

"It was great. Next time, I'll take you with me. You'll love China."

"I can't wait for that moment." Sherleen squeal in delight.

Walking inside, they greeted their parents. Victoria greeted them with manners. Mrs. Horvejkul cleared her throats, looking else where when Victoria greeted her.

Victoria force a smile out to her father in law.

"Did you have fun?" he ask Victoria with a bright smile.

"Yes I did." Victoria answer without hesitation.

"That's good that you had fun."

"I can't believe you took her to see her parents on your honeymoon." Mrs. Horvejkul finally speak with rude tones.

"Honey." Mr. Horvejkul's voice was firm and steady, shutting Mrs. Horvejkul up.

"Go rest. You two must be tired from the long flight." Mr. Horvejkul usher them upstairs.

"Did you see her? She was rude. How dare she take my son to meet her parents on their honeymoon." Mrs. Horvejkul protested.

"It was his choice and he choose it. She didn't know." Mr. Horvejkul reply back sternly.

"I don't like her one bit. She's corrupting my son's mind." Mrs. Horvejkul stomp her feet, walking into her room.

------------------

Victoria woke up early the next day to prepare breakfast as the new daughter in law in the house. She was respondsible to do it every morning. Nichkhun was deep asleep when Victoria woke up.

She quietly walk into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

6:00 AM it reads on the clock. Slapping her cheeks softly, she was on the move. She finish breakfast right when everyone started waking up.

"Do you need help with anything else?" Sherleen ask Victoria.

"I can handle it. You go sit down first." Victoria smile.

"Wow. They smell good." Sherleen complimented Victoria's breakfast meal.

"Thank you." Victoria response back.

Mr and Mrs. Horvejkul walk in following Nichkhun.

"You cook all these dishes?" Mr. Horvejkul pointed to ten different dishes.

"I didn't know what you guys like so I cook all of them." Victoria smile brightly.

"They look delicious." Mr. Horvejkul took his seat.

"Looks gross." Mrs. Horvejkul mumble to herself.

Victoria took her seat next to Nichkhun after placing all the dishes on the table.

"I'm not sure if it's to your likings. Tell me if there's anything that needs to be change." Victoria projected to everyone before they started eating.

"Yum!" Sherleen swallow her first bite.

"It's delicious. I'm glad that you are here." Mr. Horvejkul joke.

Victoria softly laugh to his joke.

"It's okay." Nichkhun added his thoughts.

"I don't like it. Next time have the maid cook." Mrs. Horvejkul stood up, walking away from the table.

Victoria sat in her seat, shook at Mrs. Horvejkul's response. Was it reall that bad to have her say that?

"Ignore her. She's usually like that in the morning." Mr. Horvejkul explain.

Victoria couldn't reply back for she was still surprise by Mrs. Horvejkul's comment.

 

------------------------

Sorry for the late update. Happy reading. ^^