Chapter 25

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Junki pov

"Aren't you a little too harsh on them?" Jae wook dab his lip with the napkin.

"What do you expect me to do than? Pick a crappy design and let them make fun of my team?"

"I'm just saying. They worked on the projects for a while. Its not easy either." I sigh, wiping my lip with the napkin.

"I know its not easy but with the project they turned in, it looks like crap. They could at least put in more effort." Jae Wook stared at me for a while before laughing like usual.

He knows i was right.

"You win." Jae Wook drop his napkin down with a laugh.

I returned back to my hotel I was staying for the meanwhile. Tomorrow I will go home.

(End pov)

Nichkhun pov

For the pass couple of days, Victoria has stayed up all night with me. While I work on work related stuff, she would sit on the couch scribbling on the paper. I noticed shes been crumbling papers after papers with a soft sigh.

"What are you doing?" I lean away from my seat. "HM?" She looked up at me with her irritated face.

"What's with all of those?" I pointed to all the crumbled up papers underneath her.

"Oh. Just some scribblings." I arched my eyebrow up.

I bent down, picking up a crumbled paper, uncrumbling it. My eyes scan the drawing. It was definitely not just some random scribbling but drafts on kitchen counters. She must be a kitchen designer or some sort of a designer.

"Why did you throw it away? It looks so good."

"That's what you think but not others. Its so plain and boring. No one will want to install that into their kitchen." I continued uncrumbling her papers from the ground.

All of them were different but were nice designs. I don't understand why she doesn't like it. She got up from the couch with a yawn. I motion for her to go to sleep first. I continued to stare at her designs. A thought came into my head. I pulled out a unused binder from the shelves. I placed all of her designs into the binder. I know someone who will appreciate her designs. Before going to work, I met up with that someone who will like her designs.

"How did you know I returned?" He said with a surprised voice.

"I have my ways." I smiled.

"If you're here to asked if she returned, she hasn't."

"I know but that's not the reason why I called you out. You still remember you owe me right?"

"Of course. What can I assist to you?" I pulled out the binder, pushing it to him.

"What is this?" He asks, looking down at the binder.

"Open it up" I smiled to him.

He didnt waste any time. His eyes scanned with amusement yet interested look. He closes the binder, pushing it back to me.

"What do you think?"

"The designs are a little plain but its not bad. It still needs some more touching before it's good. Other wise, it's not bad."

"I was wondering if you'll help her out." He stared at me with a thoughtful mind.

"How are you related to the designer?"

"She's my wife." I answered him truthfully.

I at first wanted to lie and if I did, I know I might regret so i said the truth. His eyes lit up in a surprising way.

"You're... You're wife?" He choked out.

I nodded my head.

"Yes, my wife who I married not long ago."

He nodded his head, asking no further questions.

"If I hire her, i don't owe you no more, correct?"

"Correct."

"And I will treat her like the others without any special treatment just because she's your wife."

"I know."

"Okay. Ill see her tomorrow." I watched him walked away with a satisfied smile.

I can't wait to tell her the news.

(End pov)

Victoria POV

Nichkhun came home with a big smile on his face. Mother in law thought something good must have had happened at work, that's why he's so happy. I too was curious why he was so happy, unlike most days.

"How was work son?" Mrs. Horvejkul asks.

"It's the usual." Nichkhun replied back with a bored voice.

Later that night, Nichkhun sat on the bed waiting for me, which was a first. He sat on the bed waiting for me unless he had something to report to me.

"Come here," Nichkhun patted on the bed.

I slow made my way to where he patted, next to him.

"What... is it?" I asked with a nervous voice.

He smile.

"I want you to meet someone tomorrow. Dress like you're going on an interview okay?"

"Why?"

"Just do as I say. You'll thank me later."

I slightly nod my head with half a smile.

"Get a lot of rest because you'll need them for tomorrow."

Nichkhun pat me on the shoulder as he walked back out and into the study room. I sat still on the bed, processing his words. I was curious where he was taking me tomorrow.

 

----------------------------------------

Sorry for the long update. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. ^^