Chapter 34

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 34 - Realization

 

The next day when she was finally awake, she looks lifeless. There was nothing but sorrow in her eyes. I try my best to make her happy but everytime I crack a joke, she will only return a smile. No voice or laughter from her. I rather have her cry her eyes out than watch her stare into space all day. She refuses to eat when it's time for her to eat.

"You have to eat something Victoria. Your body needs nutrients."

She only shook her head, looking the other way.

I sigh, "Please eat a spoonful for me huh?" I beg her, my voice filled with worries.

The doctor said Victoria did not have enough nutrients in her body and if I don't start forcing her to eat, they'll feed her through a tube. I didn't want to see that happen; no, I refuse to let that happen.

I gave up after so many tries. She just wouldn't eat a single bit even when I beg her. I didn't have anyone to turn to except Krystal who was close to her.

"What's wrong with unni?" Krystal asks as we stood outside her room.

"She won't eat or talk with me." I sigh.

"You look beat up. Why don't you rest for a few hours while I stay with her." Krystal suggests.

"I guess. I need a shower... I'll be back soon." I assure her, patting her on the shoulder as I walk away.

(Krystal POV)

I walk into unni's room, trying not to make so many noise. She was asleep, her head tilted to the right. I smile seeing her sleeping position.

Placing my bag on the seat, I help fix unni's sleeping position. She looks so much paler than usually and her weight is just so outrageous. She lost so many weight in just a few weeks. What happened?

I sat down, waiting for her to wake up. After what seems like ten minutes, she finally stir in her sleep before opening her eyes.

"Unni, you're awake." I smile.

She blink a few times before realizing it was me. She didn't open to greet me like usual, which was strange. Regardless if she's mad, angry, or sad, she would always greet me with a simply hi.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, looking deep into her eyes.

She shakes her head, refusing to let me know.

"Unni, tell me what's wrong huh?"

She shakes her head, replacing it with a smile. I know she's hurt deep insides but refuses to let others know; that's just how she is, stubborn. She cares about others but when she's hurt, she'll keep it to herself, suffering it alone. I told her many times that she's not alone, but I guess that didn't do much.

"Are you hungry? Unni, eat something hm?"

She opens to speak, but hesitated. I waited patiently to what she had to tell me.

"Pa... I miss him..." she finally choke with a sob.

I sat down next to her, putting her head on my shoulder as I hug her for comfort. She silently cries, letting out whatever troubles her, she let them all out.

"It's okay unni. I'm here with you." I repeat it over and over again, rubbing her back.

Nichkhun told me that her dad pass away. I know that her dad means everything to her even though they may not get along at times.

"I... won't see him ever again..." she continues to cry.

"It's okay unni..." I silently cry with her.

"I should have never left him... I'm such a bad daughter... I never do things right, always making him worry..." she laughs.

"And the funny thing is, he's finally gone. He doesn't have to lecture me about my stupidity. He's gone. Forever. I won't have to call him pa anymore. I won't get to see his face when I go back home... I won't have someone to cheer me on silently. He's such a selfish person, only thinking about himself." She stop crying, replacing it with a laugh and smile.

I watch her go on a rampage about how much she misses her dad and how much hatred she has.

"Why did he leave so early? I didn't even get to argue with him for the last time."

"Unni..."

She went back to sleep after calming down from her rampage. I brush her hair back, watching her sleep. She looks so peaceful.

I hear a door close behind me. I thought it was Nichkhun who returned but instead, it was Junki.

"Hello." he greets me with a smile.

"Oh, hello." I greeted him back.

Unni talk about her boss to me a few times but I never see how he looks like. She's right, he's handsome.

"How is she?" he asks.

"She just went to sleep."

"Where's Nichkhun?"

"He went home to change. He'll be back soon." I hope.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness. I'm Lee Junki." He smile, his hand out in front of him.

"I'm Jung Krystal." I shakes his hand.

The moment we finish our introducing, things got extremely awkward. The room was dead quiet except for the monitor.

"I guess I'll come another time when she's better." He scratch his head.

"I'll tell her you stop by."

"Thanks."

After he left, I sat back down, feeling the awkwardness slowly leaving.

"That was weird," I mumble to myself.

(3rd POV)

People left and went from the hospital for the past two days. Victoria refuses to eat when Nichkhun was around. Once he was gone, she'll start talking to Krystal and eat a little.

She was release on the third day, after the last final check on her health.

"Make sure she eats a lot." The doctor looks at Victoria.

"I will. Thanks for everything." Nichkhun smile.

They walk into Nichkhun's car. Victoria sat in the back with Krystal, holding onto her hand with hers, never wanting to let go. When they arrive at Krystal's place, Victoria refused to let go of Krystal's hand.

"Unni. You have to let go of my hand." Krystal look at Victoria who shakes her head furiously without saying a word.

Krystal looks at Nichkhun for help.

"Toria, she needs to go home." Nichkhun try to reason but Victoria refuse to listen to Nichkhun.

"Unni, what's wrong with you? I'm not going to leave you. I'll visit you tomorrow huh?"

After a long time of debation, Nichkhun suggest that Victoria stays at Krystal's place for the night. He will retriever her back the following morning.

"Unni, what's wrong with you? Why are you acting like Nichkhun oppa is a stranger?" Krystal asks Victoria once they were inside the house.

"I... don't want to go back there." Victoria reply back, her voice filled with hatred.

"Unni, what happen? Why don't you want to return back there?  Did his mother hit you?" Krystal asks, her voice filled with anger.

Victoria shakes her head, "She didn't do anything."
 Although she said that, in her mind, she dispise his mother, a lot.

--------------------------------

"Why are you home alone? Where's unni?" Sherleen asks Nichkhun when he return.

"She's spending the night at Krystal's place."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure. She refuse to let go of Krystal's hand when we reach her place." Nichkhun slump down on the couch.

He didn't know why Victoria is acting so strange when he's around. He didn't know what he did so wrong.

"Where's your wife?" Mrs. Horvejkul asks, taking her seat.

"She's spending the night at a friend's house."

"Why would you let her do that? She's not someone who doesn't have a place to live."

"Mom, she's been through a lot. Her dad just pass away. Spending one night at her friend's house won't do any harm." Nichkhun calmly say.

"You don't know what she'll do behind your back in one night."

"You're thinking too much." Nichkhun laughs it off.

"Look at yourself, never before did you argue with me so much. After you married her, you've been taking her side no-stop. What did she do to you? Poison you with her lies?"

Nichkhun was getting angry. He didn't like what his mom was saying about his wife. She didn't do anything to him; he changed on his own. Never has he seen a person who's heart is so warm and filled with love.

"Why do you keep bringing this up?"

"Because it's the truth!"

Nichkhun walks away from the livingroom because he was tried of arguing with his mom. It was always about his wife doing this and that that displeases his mom. To his eyes, she was an angel who couldn't say no even when she's on the verge of dying. That's why Nichkhun came to love her.