Act 41

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Not going to lie but I have horrible grammar! I know that there's a ton of misspell words, terrible grammars in this chapter. I should fix them but I'm too lazy. Plus, if I fix it, I know for sure I'll end up writing something totally new. So, here you guys go, another chapter for you to enjoy for the meanwhile.

By the way, I'm not sure if you all notice but the chapter lists is totally off. I was looking at it and it didn't make sense that I have a lot of chapters out already but I'm only 30 for the previous chapter. Well duh, it's misnumber. How dumb of me. I will fix it one of these days when I'm not so lazy.

Act 41 - Trust

Victoria POV

Two weeks past in a blur since I returned. I haven’t visited my in-laws yet; Nichkhun keeps telling me that we should wait until our home is tidy enough to invite his parents over. Although it bothers me that he doesn’t want to visit, I can’t say much. I’m suspecting he knew what happened from Charlene, considering how close bonded both siblings are.

Nichkhun hasn’t gone to work since my return, either accompanying me with shopping or in the study room doing some work. It’s great to have him home with me but it constantly bothers me. There were a few times when I wanted to ask him questions about some things that I’ve been thinking of, yet I can’t bring myself to ask him when I have the chance. I didn’t want to be disappointed in him nor do I want to face the fact that it did indeed happen without my presence. What am I to do?

Although I miss work, I don’t think I want to return in the condition I’m currently in. There was just so much on my mind that I won’t be able to be focused on. I contacted Junki and met with him one afternoon for lunch and explain the details to him. He was a little sad that I wouldn’t be returning but he didn’t mind. He knew I needed time off and comply with my request.

 “Nichkhun, do you think your parents will like it?” I ask him, unsure if his parents would like the dishes I made.

“Of course they will. Don’t worry too much, okay?” he says kissing my forehead as he walk to the living-room.

I debated if I should cook something they’re familiar with but I didn’t have time. They were bound to be here anytime soon. I quickly dash into the bed-room to change my outfit. Nichkhun was in the living-room watching some random show when I came out of the room. He patted the empty seat next to him which I gladly accepted. He put his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

“Don’t worry too much,” he says, knowing that I was overthinking.

“I can’t help it.” I pout.

He chuckles, “I sometimes wonder what is going on inside that head of yours.”

“You don’t want to know, trust me.”

“Mhm,” he murmured skeptically.

His parents and Charlene arrive ten minutes later. Charlene was the first one to enter with her happy greeting, pulling me into a bear hug.

“I miss you so much! Why didn’t you call me often?” Charlene frowns.

“I’m sorry. I wanted to but someone told me not to,” I said looking Nichkhun.

“He just wants you all to himself, that’s why.”

“Of course I do. I don’t want to share her with you,” Nichkhun laughs, pulling me to his right side as he gave Charlene a quick side hug.

“You’re real cruel, you know?” Charlene gave him a dead look.

“And you’re not one?” Nichkhun counter.

“Whatever. Your place is so beautiful!” Charlene left to go explore the place.

“Mom, dad, glad you guys made it.” Nichkhun welcome them each with a hug.

“Thank you son, your place is lovely.” His father complimented.

“It’s nice to see you again dad,” I hug him.

“How have you been child? It’s been a while. I hope your mother is doing well?”

“She is. Thanks.”

“Nichkhun, out of all the places you choose, you pick this?” His mother asks him.

“It’s not a bad apartment mom. It’s just perfect for the both of us.”

“It’s so small, fits only one person.” His mom ignores his comments.

“Mom,” I greet with a small smile.

She gives me a clear throat sound before exploring the house. I guess she’s still not on good terms with me, especially now that her son is not living with her anymore.

“I apologize for her rude comments,” father apologizes.

“Don’t apologize dad, it’s nothing harmful.” Nichkhun pat his dad on the shoulder.

“I hope you understand that she’s still trying to get use to you being independent. She’ll just have to accept the fact that you’re no longer her five year old son but a grown man who needs to start a family.” Father explains.

“I know dad. She’ll come around when she’s ready.” Nichkhun sigh.

Dinner was rather interesting. Nichkhun and dad started talking about the company while Charlene and I talk about my trip back home. Mother didn’t say much, only playing with her food and some occasion yes and no when she was asked a question. They didn’t stay long after dinner because mother was bringing up excuses that she forgot she had company that was going to come by the house. We all know it was a lie but we didn’t push it. If she wanted to leave then there’s nothing much we can really do.

Once they were gone, Nichkhun pull me into a hug, rubbing my back as he placed his chin on my shoulder with a long sigh.

“I’m sorry for my mother’s behavior.”

I rub my cheek on his chest as I hug him back.

“It’s okay. I know she’s had a long day.”

“You’re such an understanding person. I’m glad that I agree to marry you because I would be regretting it now if I didn’t,” he chuckles.

“I wonder if I hadn’t married you, where would I be right now?” I ask myself.

“I’m glad we’re both married to each other. I don’t regret the choice I made.” Nichkhun pull away, his hands on my shoulders as he stare me in the eyes.

“The first time I saw you in the engagement dress, I knew you were the one for me. You were so beautiful it blinded my eyes instantly. If I didn’t have you, no one else can have you because you’re mines first.”

I smile at his honesty.

“Nichkhun, there’s something I need to tell you…” I slowly say.

“What is it?”

“About our marriage, I kind of took your dad’s offer on money…”

“I know that already. Dad told me the night before the wedding.” He says, pulling me back into his warm embrace.

“He did? How come you didn’t tell me?” I ask him, tilting my head up to look at him.

“I didn’t want you to know that I knew. I had the choice to marry you and know that you took my dad’s money offer or I can stop the wedding and go find another person. Although I was a little shock that you did that, I’m not blaming you. After his explanation about you wanting the money, I knew that you couldn’t help it. If I was in your shoes, I would do the same thing if that means saving my family. I married you because I know I won’t find another person that is kind hearted like you. You’ve suffered so much by my mom yet you never complained. We’re going to have a conversation about that later on too, by the way.” He said with a frown.

“I was mad at you for not telling me of my mom’s rudeness especially when she was making you suffer. I was more angry at myself for not noticing that she was doing all of these crazy acts to you. I’m your husband yet I didn’t notice anything. I’m such a terrible husband.”

“No you’re not. I just didn’t want you to stress more than you already have with work.” I try to reason him so he wouldn’t put all the guilt and blame on his shoulder.

“I rather stress more knowing that I’m protecting you then not stress and watch you suffer alone. Next time if someone is mistreating you, you tell me right away, okay? Don’t just take the hit and hide it from me.”

“I will,” I say patting his cheeks, placing a kiss on his lips.

He smiles, “Good. Let’s go to bed.”

I happily oblige, following him to our bed-room. I wanted to tell him that he can trust me too with whatever is going on in his life but I decided now is not the time. Maybe whatever happened in the past was just an act to get to me.