Act 28

Marriage with a Handsome Man

First of all I want to apologize to everyone for my super late chapter post! It's almost a year since I last posted? Maybe even longer than a year? Oh gosh! I want to thank you for being so patient with me. I've been busy with life that I didn't have time to update. For those who read the new story line, please disregard it! I no longer have a writer's block; therefore, I will continue this story line to the end! Once again, I am truly sorry!

-------------------------------------------------

Act 28 - Solbi

 

I patiently sat down waiting for Solbi to arrive. I was nervous to hear what she would tell me; afraid of what I didn’t want to hear.

After ten minutes of waiting, she finally walks in through the doors walking towards me with a nonchalant look.

“Have you been waiting long?” she asks as she sits down.

“No. I just got here,” I lie.

“Sorry. I was talking to Nichkhun’s mom that I couldn’t just leave. You know what I mean right?” She smiles.

“I understand.” I say in a silent voice.

The waitress came over to take our drinks leaving us to talk about the photos.

“What are these?” I ask her, passing the photos to her.

“What?” she asks as she takes a look at them. “Ah,” she says in an understanding voice.

“Tell me that’s not him.” I say in a frightening voice.

“Why would you ask me that question? I mean, you can’t identify your own husband now?” she asks in a fake shock voice.

My fingers slowly form into a fist underneath the table as she continues to mock me.

“What do you want me to tell you? That it’s not him and some other guy? As much as I want to tell a lie, I’d rather tell you the truth.”

“How could you do this? Especially to a married man?” I ask her.

“Is it a crime to date a married man if he’s willing to hit back at me?”

“Y-you” I gasps.

“I’m not going to deny it or hide the truth from you. Do you even know your own husband that you claim you love? Wait, would you even consider it love?” she scoffs.

“W-what are you saying…” I ask her with shaky voice.

“Your husband never told you he has a crush on me four years ago? I mean, he still has that crush on me to this very day. Are you sure you know him like I know him?” she asks me.

Her words still rings in my ears as I walk out of the restaurant and towards the bus stop. I hate to even doubt my husband’s words but somewhere inside, I know that she was speaking the truth.

I took my phone out and dial his number. It continues to ring until it went to his voice mail. I know he never ignores my calls before, even if he was in a meeting. Why is he ignoring my calls now?

I decided to stop by at his work and surprise him of my return. I know I haven’t told him that I was back because it was rushed return.

Everyone I pass greeted me with a nod but not with a smile that I remembered. I don’t understand, I was gone for only a few weeks and everything’s changed within my leave. I continue my way up to his office – located on the 25th floor – with an understanding mind. I didn’t want to think horrible. Of course things would change when I’m gone; what wouldn’t, right?

I call him one more time as I reach his floor walking to his office. He didn’t answer his phone, again. Sometime important must be holding him from taking my call. I greeted his secretary who instantly stood up from her seat as if she saw a ghost.

“M-mrs…” she stammers.

“Hi. Is Nichkhun in there?” I ask her with a smile.

“He uh…”

“Is he busy?” I ask her.

“N-not really b-but” before she can finish her sentence, I cut her off by walking into his room.

What I had in mind wasn’t what I was seeing right now. Nichkhun was kissing Solbi, his back turn to me.