Act 36

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 36 - Heated Nichkhun

“Don’t worry about anything and just focus on your mom okay?” Nichkhun say as he gave me a hug.

As much as I wanted to object to any of his decisions, now wasn’t the time to say it. Ma needed me right now and I being her only daughter have to be there for her.

“Mother?” I say with a whisper.

“Don’t worry about her. I’ll meet up with you once I get everything in control here.” Nichkhun gave me a kiss on the forehead.

“Hurry okay?” I say with a whisper.

“Make sure you eat on time and sleep a lot.” Nichkhun tuck a few strand of hair behind my ear.

“Take care of yourself too.”

My flight was finally called.

“Go,” Nichkhun say, urging me to go.

Not knowing when I was going to see him, I gave him a full kiss on the lips before I ran inside. If I stayed any second later he would have never let me go. Tears welled in my eyes as I walk inside the plane to find my seat.

(Nichkhun POV)

She gave me a full kiss on the lips, taking me by a full surprise. Before I can even process it and kiss her back, she was already out of my sight; out of my reach. I was so eager to return home to see her only to realize that she was leaving me.

I was ready for what mom had to say when I broke the news down to them.

“How could you just let her go like that? Why didn’t you consult with us?” Mom shouted.

“It was urgent; her mother’s in the hospital sick. There’s no one else but Victoria to watch over her.” I say in a calm voice.

“She’s still my daughter in law! Until you divorce her, she can’t just go back home without consulting with me. Your father was so blinded by her looks to let you marry her! Look at what she’s doing; she’s tearing our family apart!” Her voice gradually getting louder.

“Watch your tongue,” dad chip in.

“Don’t you dare tell me to watch my tongue. Why don’t you open your eyes a little bigger! If she’s such a good daughter in law then she wouldn’t have went home without my consent. On top of that, she dared sleep over at her friend’s place! Do you call that a good daughter in law?” Mom sneered at dad.

“She needed comfort. Staying home with you wouldn’t do her any good,” dad shot at mom.

I couldn’t believe mom was tripping over the fact that Victoria went back home. As much as I love my mom, she was going off board. I hated to hear mom call Victoria names, saying she’s this and that when clearly, she’s innocent.

Sherleen who came back home was surprise to see mom and I heated up. Mom fled into her room and dad entering his study room.

“Woah, what happen here?” Sherleen ask taking a seat next to me.

“Mom’s mad because I let Victoria go back home.” I explain.

“You did? How come you didn’t tell me?! I didn’t even get to say my good-bye!” Sherleen whine.

“It’s not like she’s not coming back, you know?” I gave her a look.

“Well still! Mom don’t have the right to be angry either. It’s her fault to begin with. If she let Victoria go home a week ago then maybe she would have get to see her father one last time before he left.”

“What do you mean?” I ask Sherleen, my eyes focused on her.

“Mom keeps delaying her trip back home. She said that Victoria needed to attend the party and after it was done, she can return home. I think that’s what made Victoria break down; the fact that she couldn’t meet her dad because of mom’s cruelty. You should have seen the way mom was treating her! It’s like Victoria was our maid and not married to you. I think mom was using the ticket to return home on her. If Victoria didn’t do what mom asks then she’ll lose the chance of going home.”

Anger roams inside of me as I puzzle into pieces. Is this why she refuse to come home? She was lying to me, hiding it away so I wouldn’t be mad at my own mom. She was suffering alone… All alone this whole time she was suffering. No wonder she’s so skinny and was sleep deprive!

I angrily got up and ran up the stairs, opening the door without even knocking. I was beyond mad to even give a care about rules and privacy.

“What do you think are?!” Mom shouted.

“How could you do this to her! She’s your daughter in law! My wife! How can you treat her like she’s a maid?!” I shouted at mom.

“I will never accept her as my daughter in law.”

“Why? Is it because she’s not rich? I will never divorce her because I love her. She’s the only love of my life and without her, I’d rather die.” I say, my jaw clenched together.

“How dare you!” I didn’t see it coming but she slaps me on the cheek.

I slowly turn to face her.

“Don’t you dare speak of death so easily! You’re my son who I gave birth and raised!”

“If I’m your real son, you wouldn’t be stepping on your son’s wife like she’s a leech. Instead, you would welcome her regardless if she’s poor, ugly, or dumb. I guess I’m not your son after all.” I say in a dark voice before storming out of her room and out of the house.

“Nichkhun!” Sherleen chase after me but I ignore her calls as I sped out of the house and down the streets.

(Sherleen POV)

I’ve never seen Nichkhun so mad before. Sure, he throws tantrums here and there but this one was serious. It’s like this was his evil side set apart from his nice, calm side. I was shock to see mom slap Nichkhun. Never in my life have I seen Nichkhun get hit by anyone, let alone laid a single finger on his precious face like that.

I followed him out, calling his name but he ignored my calls as he drove off. I was worried about him but I knew that he was able to take care of himself. He is after all, a grown man.

I enter the house to find mom in her same position, her eyes staring at the hand that slapped Nichkhun’s cheek.

“You went over the line this time mom.” I say before I left the room. Mom was wrong for treating a wonderful lady like unni like she was a piece of garbage.

-------------------------

I was thinking of changing the last chapter but decided to keep it like that; too lazy to change it. So to make things short and not having to explain it in the next chapter, Victoria wasn't able to keep her promise to Junki about returning to work. Instead, she just left without notice letting Nichkhun handle it for her. Wala!

Sorry for taking a month to update. I had trouble trying to write this chapter up; wanted to reach the before it dropped back down. Hehe. Thank you for being patient wit me!