Act 37

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 37 - I smell problems...

Victoria POV

It has already been a week since I returned home. Nichkhun and I talk on the phone at every chance he has. I couldn’t keep myself in sane when I went to visit Pa. I was crushed to my bones, unable to control my tears as it fell for two days straight. I know I should be the stronger one of Ma and me but I couldn’t – not when I miss Pa so much.

Nichkhun still couldn’t come unite with me; he was packed with a lot of things on his hands. He continued to push his plans for coming over day after day. I tried to very understandable but I sometimes wish he was here to comfort me so I wouldn’t be so lonely.

I asked how his parents and Sherleen have been and all I got from him was they were fine and I shouldn’t worry about a thing. I knew that mother had thrown a tantrum – typical of her to do so but Nichkhun didn’t tell me the details. I thought everything had gone smoother than I had imagined. Maybe I am thinking too much.

I was wrong when I received an unhappy phone call from this person whom I didn’t really like two weeks later. I didn’t believe a word she said but two days after the phone calls, I received some disturbing pictures. I didn’t want to believe it but it looked too good to be a lie. The first thing I did was pack my belongings and head back home. I couldn’t stay here pretending I didn’t know anything when I know something’s not right.

“Vic! What are you doing back home?” Krystal was surprised to see me standing on the other side with my bags.

“I missed Korea too much so I came back.”

It was all a lie and I know she knew I was lying to her but she didn’t question me, yet. I put my bags into my room before I came back out into the living room to join Krystal who was sitting on the couch.

“Krystal… Did Nichkhun tell you anything at all?” I asked Krystal, a small hint hoping he did.

“No. Why?” Krystal asked me.

“Oh, nothing. I just thought he would.” I flash her a small smile.

“Vic, what’s wrong? I know something is troubling you. How’s your mom doing?”

“She’s doing a lot better.”

“Oh! I met Sherleen a couple of days ago and she was telling me something about Nichkhun moved out of the house and rented an apartment the day you left to your home.” Krystal clapped her hands together, almost too eager to tell me about the news.

“She said that?”

“What’s going on? Wait… don’t tell me you don’t know anything about this…” Krystal looked at me with concerns.

“Of course I knew already. Nichkhun told me the day when he moved to the apartment.” I said with a laugh, hoping she didn’t catch my lie.

Of course I didn’t know anything at all! He kept me in the dark. Why would he keep this as a secret? Especially when it’s so big! Did he not trust me or what? So many thoughts came into my mind.

“Vic!?” Krystal shouted my name, throwing a pillow to my lap to catch my attention.

“Huh?” I look at her with a confuse look.

“I’ve been calling your name a few times and you didn’t hear me. What’s really bothering you? Why are you really back? I know you don’t miss Korea at all!”

“Krystal… I don’t know what to do anymore…” I look at her sincerely, my eyes already filled with tears.

Krystal rush to my side, pulling me into a hug.

“Everything will be fine. I know they will.”

I really wish her words are true but deep inside it was far beyond being okay. There are so many things I have yet to solve, unravel the secrets. What was going on during the weeks I’ve been gone? Did Nichkhun really tell me the truth all this time? Or has he been lying to me?

I really don’t know… There is only one way to solve all this problems. Find SOLBI.

 

------------------------------

Sorry x3!! It's been such a long time since I updated this story (2 months...)! I know you all must be super mad at me for taking forever! I really do appreciate you all for being extremely patient with me. I really wanted to update but omg, I had so many ideas popping in my head that I didn't know which one to pick!! On top of that, I've been busy too. >.<

Thanks to all my silent + subscribing readers for your wonderful patience! <3 you all!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Hopefully this chapter is worth your waiting. ^^