Act 24

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Chapter 24 - Loving Nichkhun

Victoria POV

Sherleen came home after I finish cleaning my cuts.

"Unni!" Sherleen greeted me with a big hug.

"Sherleen." I simply smile at her.

With her sharp eyes that she always have, she notice the big cut on my fingers. Turn out my cuts were worse than I thought it'll be.

"What happen?" she started panicking.

"I was just careless. I broke a few plates and pick them up with my bare hand." I lie to Sherleen.

"Are they deep?" she observe my cover cuts.

"They're not deep. Just minor. Don't worry about it." I smile.

"First day back and you're already hurt. Nichkhun is going to be furious when he sees these." Sherleen half mumble.

"Sherleen, don't tell him anything huh?" I ask her with my pleading eyes.

"Why shouldn't I? He deserves to know. You're his wife after all."

"I know but I don't want him to worry over stupid stuff like this."

"This isn't stupid. It's serious. What if it gets infected?" she starts blabbing on about her worrisome.

"It's fine. Just don't say a word to him okay? I'll tell him myself." I lie.

"Fine." Sherleen agree.

I didn't even greet Nichkhun when he walk into the house. In fact, I pretended that I was interested in the news that I forgot all about him.

Mother in law greeted him with her happy voice, dragging him into the kitchen. Good, escape time for me. Once he started eating, I excuse myself to sleep.

"I'm a little tired. I'm going to sleep early." I told father in law.

"Of course. Go take a rest." he smile at me.

I nod as I walk out of the room. I quickly change into my pajama before climbing into bed.

-------------------------------------

Nichkhun POV

I don't know what's wrong with Victoria today. I know she was hurt by mom's word this morning. Is she still sad at what mom say this morning?

I walk into the livingroom to find her gone.

"Where did Victoria go?" I ask dad.

"She went to sleep first. Say she was tired." dad didn't take his eyes off from the tv.

"How rude for her to sleep before her family." mom bluntly say as she sat down next to dad.

I sigh quietly to myself, shaking my head. I too didn't like her at first but after being marry to her, I've become quite fond of her. She wasn't as bad as I thought she was.

"I'm going to check on her." I say to dad and mom.

"Okay." dad reply back.

I walk into our room to find her sleeping. I watch her for a minute or two before turning off the light as I walk out of the door. I walk into Sherleen's room, surprising her.

"What's wrong?" she ask me with surprise look.

"What's wrong with Victoria?" I ask my sister.

She hesitated to answer me.

"S-she's just t-tired." Sherleen fake a smile.

"Tell me what you know." I say with a stern voice.

Sherleen sigh loudly before telling me the truth.

"Whatever you do, don't tell her I told you." Sherleen scarely say.

"What is it?" I impatiently ask.

"She carelessly cut her fingers when she was picking up some broken plates." Sherleen let it out.

"How bad?" I squint my eyes at her.

"I don't know. She wouldn't show me when I ask." Sherleen shrug.

"Okay. Thanks." I pat her on the shoulder as I left the room.

I grab the first aid kit on my way back into the room. I flick on the light to our room.

"I know you're not asleep." I say as I walk up to her.

She waited for a few seconds before she slowly up her eyes. I sat down next to her, pulling her up.

"Give me your hand."

"W-why?" she stutter on her word.

"Just give me your hand." I impatiently ask.

She hesitated to hand her hand to me. I impatiently grab her cut hand.

"Why are you hiding this away from me as if you did something bad?" I casually say as I unwrap her guage.

"It's nothing big." she softly say.

"Big? Look at all these cuts! They're so deep." I pointed to her pointer that had a big cut.

"I can take care of myself." she try to pull her hand away but I quickly snatch it, tighten my grip.

"Stay still." I say to her.

I drab alcohol on her cut, washing away any germ that was surrounding it.

"Next time don't hide this away from me. It' makes me look like a bad husband." I softly say as I cover her cuts up.

She didn't say anything as her eyes prey on her hand.

"There." I zip up the first aid kit box, placing it on the night stand.

"Thanks." she whisper.

"From now on I want you to tell me everything that happens okay? Don't hide it from me. I'm your husband after all. I promise your parents I would look after you." I sincerely look into her eyes.

She look at me with soft eyes, ready to cry. She half smile, holding her tears back.

"Rest. You're probably tired."

She lay back on the bed as I place the blanket over her body. I watch her fall asleep before I started working on work.

--------------------------------------

Junki POV

Second day at work, how giddy. I smile and wave to all my staff workers as I walk pass them. I could hear giggles behind me, obvious from the females. I enter my room as I took off my jacket, hanging it on the hanger.

Jae Wook walk in after seconds I sat down in my seat.

"Sign these and these." Jae Wook toss a few files to me.

"I'll view them first." I say to him without looking at him.

"They are the newest ideas our team came up with."

"Okay. Thanks."

I view all the projects that my new team came up with. Something was missing from the concepts. Something that doesn't satisfied me.

I walk out to where my team sat at their desks. As soon as they saw me walk out, they all stood up from their chair.

"Call a meeting now." I plainly say before walking back into my office.

They all look at each other before setting everything ready for the meeting. I walk back out to the meeting table where all my team sat quietly, staring at each other.

"I view all of your project." I say as I took my seat.

They stare at me with nervous eyes.

"It's good but something is missing. I can't say what it is. Please redo them all" I toss the folders back to them.

They widen their eyes in shock.

"B-but director.. It took us months to come up with this design." one of the man spoke up.

"And?" I say back to him without hesitating.

"I-it's going to take months for us to think of new ideas." he scratch his head in nervous.

"If it takes you that long to come up with a concept, than do it. I want something new. This is unacceptable."

I walk back into my office, slamming myself into the seat. I know that it took them a long time to come up with the concept but it's not acceptable. I'm not trying to put them down but if I turn it in as my group project, it will not pass the board members.

"Man. He's worse than the late director." he grumble as he pick up the folder.

"Ssh. He can hear you."

---------------------------------

^^