Act 02

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 02 - State of Miserable

"How come you're late?" his assistant WooYoung ask.

"I overslept."

WooYoung burst into laughters.

"You overslept?"

They were walking up to the meeting room where everyone was.

"Never in my life have I heard you overslept. Tell me, were you drinking without me again?"

Nickhun glare at WooYoung.

"Never mind what I said."

"How long have they waited?"

"Not long. It's only been 30 minutes. If come back out with your whole body still attach to you, consider yourself lucky."

Nickhun turn to look at WooYoung.

"Sorry. I-I was just kidding.." he faintly laugh.

Nickhun open up the door to the meeting room, surprise to see that everyone was still in their calm state.

"Sorry I was late. I uh.. had something to deal with."

The rest of them clear their throats, especially WooYoung. He try not to laugh at Nickhun.

"Shall we start?" he ask them.

-------------------------------------------

Victoria dash into the building being all sweaty.

She ran into the bathroom to fix herself up before entering the room. They would make fun of her if they see her like this.

"Victoria. You can do this. Fighting."

She walk into the room, apologizing to them because she was late.

All of them stare at Victoria unpleasantly.

"Miss, I'm sorry but you're no longer qualify for this job."

"Eh? But I haven't show you guys.. my drawings.."

"Do you know how late you are today?" the guy yell at you.

"If we decided to hire you, will you always be late like today? No, we can't hire a person like you. I'm sorry."

All of them got out of the chairs, exiting the room.

Victoria was devasted. They were judging her because she was 30 minutes late? They haven't even seen her drawings, how could they.

"It's okay Victoria. One day they will regret what they did to you."

She exit the building with a gloomy look. Another job down the drain.

She took one last glance at the drawing before throwing it away. It took her a few months to come up with this drawing. All of that efforted wasted down the drain.

"What am I going to do now?" she say walking away from the building.

Since little kid, she was taught how to cook. Later when she grew up, she realize how much she wanted to become a kitchen designer. Her parents thought she was just wasting her life away. She wanted to prove to them that one day, she'll be a great kitchen designer / artchitect.

While browsing through a Korean magazine one morning, she came across a famous kitchen design. That's when she move to Korea hoping that she can be like that designer; to have her designing feature in a magazine.

It wasn't easy for her to live in Korea, especially trying to adapt to the Korea culture. She misses her home town in China.