Act 20

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Note :  I will have different font indicating different language conversation so that you won't be confuse. ^^

This font (Trebuchet MS) = Chinese conversation

Ariel font = English Coversation

Georgia font = Korean Conversation (normal font)

 

Act 20 - Meeting her Parents

 

Victoria was happy to be back home. It’s been far to long that she’s came back. She was smiling to herself secretly forgetting that her newly wedded husband’s been staring at her all this time.

They finally reach her parents’ house. She burst out of the cab running towards the door.

“Ma? Pa? I’m back!” Victoria shouted with a happy voice.

Nichkhun ended up caring the luggages. He decided to let her enjoy the moment because who knows how long she’ll get to return here.

---------------------------

Victoria’s parents were in a deep discussion when suddenly Victoria burst in the doors.

“Toria?” her mother half shockingly say.

“It’s me. I’m back Ma.” Victoria embrace into her mother’s arm.

“I’m so glad to see you back my daughter.”

Victoria was than pass to her father who embrace her with a deep hug.

“I’ve missed you Pa.” Victoria hug him tightly.

“I’ve missed you too my daughter.”

Nichkhun stood a few feet away from them not wanting to break their family moment.

“Is that him?” her father ask her.

Victoria walk over to a lost Nichkhun.

“Ma, Pa, this is Nichkhun, my husband. Nichkhun, they are my parents.

“Nice to meet you. Nichkhun bow.

Her parents were please with him. He had a great look and he know his manners.

“Come come. Let’s settle down.”

Victoria drag Nichkhun into the livingroom leaving him with her father while she was with her mother putting the luggages away. Neither spoke with one another considering that Nichkhun didn’t know Chinese and he didn’t know Nichkhun’s language. So both of them look at each other, smiling here and there.

About fifteen minutes pass before Nichkhun’s excused him to check his wife.


--------------------------

“Does he love you a lot?” her mother started asking her questions right away.

“He does. He’s a nice guy.” Victoria lie to her mother.

She didn’t want to tell her mother the truth because she’ll freak out.

“That’s a relief.”

Nichkhun knock on the door before entering.

Victoria and her mother stood up to greet Nichkhun. Nichkhun smile at his mother in law.

“I’ll be downstairs if you need anything.” her mother say before excusing herself out of the room.


Victoria jump on her bed with excitement. It’s been such a long time since she’s been in this house, in this very spot. She missed it a lot.

“Are you that happy?” Nichkhun ask her as he sat down on her chair.

“A lot. Thanks for bringing me here. This is the best gift ever.” Victoria say with joy.

Nichkhun smile seeing her happy. Despite the fact that he didn’t know the language, he was still happy to be here with his newly wedded wife.

---------------------

Dinner time was loud. Victoria blabber away with her parents, telling them everything that has happen in her life, well the good stuff only.

“His mother is Chinese but she doesn’t know how to speak the language.”

“Is that so?”
his father say with an amuse voice.

Nichkhun understood a little but most of the time, he was lost in their conversation. He look at her parents with wide eyes everytime they glare at him after what Victoria tells them. He was curious with what she told her parents. He’ll ask her later, that he jot in his mind.

“Go to sleep daughter. Tomorrow we’ll continue. Your husband looks beat up.” her father noted at Nichkhun.

“Okay. Good night Ma, goodnight Pa.”


--------------------

Nichkhun and Victoria bath and changed into a new fresh pair of pajama.

“What were you telling your parents?” Nichkhun ask Victoria as she was putting cream on her face.

“How we met.” Victoria answer without hesitate.

“Really?” Nichkhun ask with a half amuse voice.

“Don’t worry. I didn’t tell them anything that you wouldn’t want them to know about you.” Victoria smile at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun scratch his head.

“So, how are we going to sleep?” Victoria ask Nichkhun as she was looking at her bed.

Of course they were now married for almost a day now, yet she didn’t want to sleep with him. She felt a little uncomfortable with him.

“We are marry after all.”

“Can’t you sleep on the ground?” Victoria half pleaded him.

“No. I don’t like the ground. I’m your husband since almost a day ago. Why are you telling me to sleep on the ground huh?”

“I.. don’t feel comfortable..” Victoria shyly turn away from him.

Nichkhun laugh. She’s cute when she blush.

“Well too bad because I’m not sleeping on the ground.” Nichkhun jump onto the bed, laying down.

Victoria brush her hair back in frustration. She didn’t want to sleep on the ground at all. Either she sleeps with him or the ground. What will she do?

“Scoot over.” Victoria demanded Nichkhun.

Nichkhun scoot over leaving a big enough space for her to sleep. Victoria turn her back against him, not wanting to face him. She can hear Nichkhun laughing to himself.

----------------------

Victoria was already out of bed when Nichkhun woke up from his sleep.

After washing up, he finally went downstairs to see her cooking with her mother. Her father was already gone to work.

“You’re up.” Victoria notice.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Nichkhun sat at the dining table.

“I didn’t want to bother you considering how you have had a long day yesterday.”

Nichkhun continue watching Victoria and his mother in law cook. They were in a deep conversation as they were cooking. Nichkhun told himself that when he returns, he was to learn how to speak Chinese so that he can understand every word when they talk in Chinese. It’s driving him nuts not knowing how to communicate with her parents and not knowing what they are saying behind his back.

----------------------

Victoria took Nichkhun out to visit her hometown.

“This is my favorite place to come shopping.” Victoria pointed at the market.

“You come here everyday?” Nichkhun ask her.

“Not everyday but when I  need ingredients, yes.”

They walk pass every booth sellers.

“Toria!” someone scream her name in excitement.

Victoria turn around to see her childhood friend.

“Amber! How are you?” Victoria hug her.

“I’m doing fine. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back?” Amber ask Victoria.

“I didn’t know I was coming until yesterday.” Victoria explain it to Amber.

“Toria, who’s this guy?” Amber ask her.

“My husbad.”

“Your what?!” Amber exploded.

Victoria had to cover Amber’s mouth because she was screaming with joy.

“You’re too loud.”

“When did you get marry? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Sorry. It was a sudden marriage.”


“Do you speak English?” Amber ask Nichkhun.

Nichkhun stare at Amber with shock and surprise look.

“Y-yes I do. You too?” Nichkhun ask her.

“Yes I do. I’m Amber. You are?”

Nichkhun extended his hand out to shake her hand.

“I’m Nick-hun Horvejkul. Nice to meet you.”


Amber accepted his offer as she shook his hand in delight.

Victoria slightly understood their conversation but not fully.

“Toria, how did you meet him?”

“It’s a long story Amber. I’ll tell you later huh?”

“It’s a deal. I have to go so I’ll see you and your husband some other times. Bring him over to visit okay?”

“I will.”


They hug each other one last time before Amber left.

“Finally I know someone who knows how to speak English besides Chinese.” Nichkhun say with joy.

Victoria laugh. They continue to stroll down the market looking at each booth as they pass by.

---------------------------

Phew.. Took me a while to fix this chap considering how they speak in three different languages. hehe. Sorry for the late update. ^^