Act 10

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 10 - Anger Nickhun & Nervous Victoria

 

Victoria slam herself onto her bed.

Was she out of her mind?

No, she's not out of her mind. She did this for her parents. Yes, it's for the best. She hated to see her parents suffer. No more will they suffer. She'll throw away her pride just for her beloved parents.

A tear roll down to her ear.

She miss her parents. If only they were here to comfort her and tell her that everything's going to be alright. She envy all the ladies who had their parents to comfort her before she marries.

She silently cry herself to sleep. She made a choice and there is no turning back, that she knows all too well.

--------------

Nickhun was furious. He didn't want to think about his marriage. He wanted to forget it.

He try to busy himself with work but that didn't help him. Every word he reads, it reminded him of her.

'What is wrong with me?' Nickhun angrily growl.

He went home early because he couldn't focus. He didn't want to take out his anger at work, that'll scare all his workers.

-----------

Sherleen was in the livingroom reading a magazine when she heard the door slam. It gave her a fright.

"Nickhun?" she call out.

He ignore her call as he made his way up to his room.

He slam the door shut. He threw his coat down on his bed as he walk back in forth.

Sherleen slowly knock at her brother's door.

"Nickhun, it's me."

After a minute of waiting, he finally open up the door.

"Oh Sherleen." he tiredly reply.

"What's wrong?" she ask him as she walk into his room.

He sat down on his bed staring down to the ground with his head resting on his hands.

"Nothing. I'm just a little exhausted."

Sherleen sat down, comforting him.

"You can tell me what happened."

He look up to his sister. She had a caring eyes.

Nickhun sigh loudly.

"Sherleen.. I.. Dad.. He's forcing me to get marry." Nickhun finally explain to his sister.

Sherleen was shock yet happy.

"Really? Who is she?"

"Some girl from the street." he plainly told her expressionless.

"It can't be just any girl. It's probably one of Dad's friend's daughter."

"She's not. I've seen her before."

"Really? Is she pretty?" Sherleen wonder.

"No. She's very ugly. Just the sight of her makes me wanna puke."

"That can't be.. right?"

He got up.

"I'm going to take a shower."

Sherleen wonder who this lucky lady was. She can't wait to meet her.

-------------------

Victoria and Nickhun both were not looking forward to their wedding day.

Everything was set already.

Nickhun's mom was furious that his dad selected their daughter in law without her consent. She didn't want just any daughter in law, she wanted a rich, well manner and well known daughter in law.

She object to their wedding but with her husband's temper, she decided to let it slip.

-----------

Tonight she was to meet Nickhun and his whole family. She was nervous. What if his sister and mother doesn't like her?

"Don't be silly. They'll adore you." Krystal reminded her as they made their way inside.

"I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this." Victoria nervously held her hand together.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you."

"Thanks."

"What are best friends for?" she joke.

Victoria slightly laugh.

She wasn't nervous to meet his family. What worries and scares her the most was Nickhun. She knows he hated and resent her. What was she suppose to do?

-----------

Nickhun grew impatient as he sat in his seat waiting for his soon to be wife to arrive.

He clench his hand into a fist.

He was about to leave when Victoria and her friend walk into the room.

"What took you so long?" Nickhun blurted out impatiently.

"Sorry. There was a big traffic." Victoria explain to them.

Victoria sat down next to Nickhun.

Just sitting next to him made her hair stand up; he was that scary to her.

 

------------------

^^