Act 31

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 31 - Cancellation

Victoria POV

“When are you coming home?” I ask Nichkhun on our nightly conversation. It’s been a month since he’s been gone.

“I don’t know. This project isn’t easy. Things are always getting change. I really want to return soon but I’m not sure how things are going to be handle.”

I frown. I know I don’t want to sound like a nagging wife but I just wish to see him. Every day when I wake up, I find the bed empty; it’s as if a part of my life has been taken away from me.

“I see…” I say in my sad tone. I really was disappointed. Each time we had our talk over the phone, he would always say he would be coming home in a few days but it gets move back because of some mistakes and what not.

“Are you sad that I’m not coming home like I promise?” He sounded sad.

“Of course not, it just means that you won’t get to visit my parents with me when I leave in two days.”

“That’s not fair! You should wait until I come home! I don’t want them to say I’m a bad son-in-law.” Nichkhun whine.

I couldn’t help but smile to myself. I love to make him feel guilty on almost everything.

“I’m only giving you two days. If you don’t come home in two days, I’m leaving without you!”

“Victoria!” Nichkhun whine even more.

 I smile in my dreams that night when I fell asleep. Just hearing his voice sooth my mind, put it at ease. I cannot wait to see my parents in two days.

Mother finally permitted me to visit my parents after all the hard work I’ve put through; also with the help from father and Sherleen. I dream of seeing pa smiling and chatting with me like before. He held me in his strong arms, telling me he was healthy and fine, for me not to worry about him. What I didn’t know was what held before me when I wake up tomorrow.

Mother changed her mind of letting me to visit my parents. She said she needed me to stay home for the party that was held in two days. I was devastated when I heard this news. I was so happy and all pack up, ready to leave.

“You can always go visit them after the party. It’s not like they’re going to die right away. You heard what your mom said, your dad is fine.”

“You promise me…”

“Things don’t always go accordingly. You will just have to adjust your plans for now. After the party, you can stay at your parents for however long you want.”

“Are you serious? You’re not lying?” I asks for assurance that she wasn’t going to back down on her word.

“Why would I lie to you? You and Nichkhun can even stay there for two months for all I care. It’s not like that son of mine will listen to me anyways.”

“Fine. I’ll stay and attend the party.”

I was half sad but happy too because that means that if Nichkhun comes home within two days, he can go with me. Plus, mother say we can stay there for two months. All I need is to adjust my work schedule at work.

“Come on guys. We need some new designs. We are behind.” Junki speak in a solemnly fierce tone.

“We are trying our best.” Jun speaks.

“All of your designs are too simple. It won’t work. We need something that will attract people’s eyes – it has to be workable as well!”

Everyone was defeated. All of their drawings were turn down again.

“How about my drawing?” I pull my drawing from my binder, passing it to Junki.

He takes one glance at it – his eyes widen.

“You drew this?” he asks, dropping the drawing onto the desk.

“I know I still have a few things I need to fix.” I shyly responded.

“Y-you drew this?” All of them say in unison.

“It’s not the best but I’m sure if I do some more editing, it’ll probably be good.” I scratch my head.

“What are you talking about? This is beautiful!” Jun exploded.

“Eh?” I asks in shock.

“He’s right. By far, I have to say, you’ve improved quite a lot for in such a short time.” Junki smile.

“R-really?”

He nodded his head.

“If you don’t mind, we can use your drawing for the upcoming contest.”

“S-sure. I… shock…”

After work, we all left together.

“I can’t believe I lost to a newbie!” Jun place his arm around my shoulder as we head towards the elevator.

I chuckle.

“You’re just horrible, that’s all.” she snorted.

“And you think you’re not?” Jun fought back.

“I…” she was speechless.

“Thought so.” Jun snorted.

----------------------------------------------------

This isn't such a grand chapter. I'll make the next chapter better. And I'm sorry if Nichkhun's been gone for such a long time... Don't worry, he'll come back soon. His grand entrance will make you all love the couple even more. Heheh.