Act 26

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Chapter 26 - Job

Victoria POV

As he had instructed I was already in my formal attire, waiting for him downstairs. Mother’s gaze was nothing but insulting gazes. She’ll occasionally roll her eyes here and there. I tried my best not to make any eye contact with her.

“Ready?” Nichkhun asked with a cheerful voice.

“Where are you two going?” Mother finally asked.

“Oh. Victoria and I are going to work. Why?”

“Ah, nothing.” Mother cleared in an annoying way.

“Let’s go.”

I follow Nichkhun out of the house and into the car.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Somewhere you’ll like.”

I eye Nichkhun suspiciously.

“Don’t give me that look.” Nichkhun smiled it off like nothing.

It was funny because when we enter the building, it was the same exact building where they wouldn’t accept me because I woke up late. Here I am again, entering it with my husband.

“Why are we here?” I whisper to him.

“Too meet someone.” He whispers back.

I move back and for on my toe because it was just too quiet on the way to meet his friend. I’m curious who his friend is. We enter a room where there were two ladies and a guy sitting on their own desks doing their own work I would assume.

“Is Mr. Lee in?” Nichkhun smile to the lady.

“Ahaha. Yes he is. You are?” the lady was obviously trying to flirt with Nichkhun.

“I’m his friend.”

“Let me go get him.” She winks at Nichkhun who smiled it off again.

I browse around the room, taking note of things. Hm, an office.

“Nichkhun.” The guy wearing nice attire greeted him with a smile.

“Remember what you promise?”

“Let’s go talk in my office shall we?”

He usher us into his office, closing the door behind him.

 

Junki POV

I have to say, his wife is a beauty. She’s quiet and shy but I’m sure once you burst her bubble, she’ll start talking away.

“Sit down.”

They sat down across from me. She looked rather uncomfortable and lost. I bet Nichkhun didn’t tell her about our meeting.

“Like I promise, I can only give her the job as a temporary and if she’s still here after the two months, she’ll get the job.”

“Sounds good.” Nichkhun nodded his head.

She looked at Nichkhun, her eyes begging for him to explain what we just talked about. I smirk at her lost looks. She seems like an easy person. I’m sure she won’t last within two months by the way she looks. Easy target.

“My friend here is giving you a job. He saw your drawings you threw away the other night.”

“Y-you kept them?” she asked in a surprising tone.

“Yeah. They weren’t bad.”

She look down with her nervousness.

“I’ll leave you two. I’ll pick you later.”

“Okay.”

She watch Nichkhun leave the room before her gaze feel back to mine. I flash her a warm smile.

“Hello. My name is Lee Junki. Like you just heard, you will get this job as a temp and if you stayed long enough, you can keep the job. I will not go easy on you just because you’re his wife. I will treat you like I treat my other workers, understand?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good. Let’s get you started shall we?”

She followed me out of the room. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

“You guys have a new temp working here. Please introduce yourself.”

“Hello. I’m Victoria. I hope you all can help and guide me. Please take care of me.” She bow 90 degree.

“I assume you all are working on your project?”

“Yes director.” They answer back.

“Good. Your desk is over there, next to Amy.”

“Thanks.”

 

Victoria POV

I walk over to where he pointed. Amy, the girl who tried to hit on Nichkhun was my neighbor. How fortunate.

“Hi.” I smile.

She made a humph sound like she didn’t accept me. Regarding her rude greeting, I started to sketch.

 

Nichkhun POV

It was lunch time and I decided to take a break. Since getting married to Victoria, I’m not much of a workaholic like usual.

“I wonder what she’s doing.”

I pick up my phone, dialing her phone.

“Hello?”

“Still alive?” I tease.

She lightly laugh.

“Thanks for getting me this job. You don’t know how much it means to me.”

“How about you treat me to dinner tonight than?”

“Tonight?”

“Mhm. Did you eat lunch yet?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Where’s everyone?”

“Lunch break.”

“You’re alone?”

“Yeah.”

“Should I come over to accompany you?”

“No no. I don’t want to bother you.”

“I’ll be there in five minutes.”

I hang up the phone, grabbing my jacket on my way out.

“I’m going out for lunch.” I told my secretary in a rush.

I half skip half speed walk to my car which was located on the lower basement.