Chapter Eleven

You're Ranked my Number One

Chapter Eleven

 

{Myungsoo POV}

 

She took a seat beside me with cautious eyes. I wanted to talk to her because I just wanted to be friends. The constant competition between us makes me forget of what I really want.

 

I'm sorry about yesterday.”, I said sincerely.

Sure, I forgive you. But for the remaining of all the incidents that happened between us in the past. I don't forgive you.”, she stood up.

And if you're finished, I got somewhere to go.”

Where?”

None of your business.”

Out with Sungyeol?”, she didn't respond and walked away.

 

~~~~~ and Sungyeol are always out, it makes me wonder what he has that's so special and what I lack. Sungyeol and I are bestfriends but there will always be a small competition between us. There will always be, and plus probably a new one will start soon.

 

I grabbed her wrist as she was walking away, “please try to understand me.”, she turned around.

 

~

 

 

I was walking her home and I suddenly wanted to ask her all the questions that could come to my mind.

~~~~~-ah, is there a real reason why you rank first?”, she stopped.

"I knew you'd ask me that, hmmm... where do I start?”

Anywhere.”

Well, ever since I moved into your school ~ I was known as the smart girl. I just knew things instantly, I met Sungyeol and Chohee and we supported each other ever since.”

Continue... but wait, why were you so mad about that day when I pranked you and put kimchi all over you?”

I'm getting to that, well in middle school before the first exam I found out my dad has a severe case of leukemia, it ran in the family. My dad told me that day that life doesn't last long, so live it like it's your last. He suggested for me to be the Choi's first “beauty and brains”. So, he said that beauty lied within me so I shouldn't ruin it. So in order to be the brains I had to become the smartest in the class and so if he'd pass ~ he'd be happy.”

So...”

So I did ~ I just hated that you were in my way. I always hated it. It's like what you did to me forced me to defend myself and I did, I really showed my true ugliness.”

I'm...”

So yeah, that's the reason why I work... really hard in school.”, she wiped her tears from her cheek, I felt really bad. Why did I even ask?

 

And the reason why I got mad that day, wasn't because you pranked me. It was .. because it was the day my dad's doctor told me that he has seven days to live.”, her tears kept streaming down her cheek.

 

I didn't ditch school the following two weeks because of you and your stupid pranks and being embarrassed, it was because of my dad. I felt so ashamed.”

 

Why would you? You are the beauty and the brains.”

No, it's not that. I feel it's because I showed my ugliness and disobeyed him, he left.”

 

I was really speechless, I'm really a bad guy.

 

When he died, I wasn't there to see him pass. It's like he was avoiding to see me, to see his only daughter.. the one that disobeyed him. Plus he never got... the chance to say... goodbye.”

 

I wiped the tears off of her face, “I'm sorry I asked.”

You would need to know eventually.”, she wiped her remaining tears and started to smirk

 

An awkward silence entered the atmosphere.

 

She turned to me and murmured, “I forgive you.”

What?”, I couldn't hear her.

I forgive you!”, she screamed ~ wow, she can scream. She started to laugh and started to smile. I haven't seen her smile when she was around me.

 

We started to laugh together as we were walking to her parking lot.

 

Yah! What are you guys doing?!”

 

~

Hope you love the update! ~ Thanks you subscribers for your support, I will update soon ! Hwaiting ! ^-^ <3 **