Chapter 8

Mr. Eye Smile

          He was already inches away from her. “I should stop…it’s not right…” Jong Kook thought. Just then Eun Joo suddenly said. “Ap~pa…” Jong Kook was flustered and pushes Ji Hyo a bit. Jong Kook turns to Eun Joo nervous that she sees him but Eun Joo was still sleeping. She was just dreaming.

          “Aw…” Ji Hyo awakes and said. She touches the right part of her forehead. She hits the car window when Jong Kook pushes her.

          Jong Kook looks at her and moves his hand and touches her forehead. “Are you okay?...” he asks worriedly. Ji Hyo slightly moves away when he touches her. She felt some electricity then. “I’m ok-ay…” Ji Hyo responded.

          After that, Jong Kook carries Eun Joo and went straight to her bedroom. Ji Hyo also follows but she stays at the kitchen. Jong Kook lays Eun Joo into her bed and kisses her forehead. “Sleep tight my angel…” he said and went out. He felt guilty to Ji Hyo so he walks towards to her room and knock but no one is answering. “She’s already sleeping…” Jong Kook thought.

          He went down to get some water and then he sees Ji Hyo. She was at the dining area, sitting at the chair with her hand to her chin. She was still sleeping. Jong Kook walks towards her and carries her. He went into her room and lays her into the bed. Ji Hyo was really sleepy. She didn’t wake at all.

          Jong Kook didn’t know but he can’t take his eyes away from her. It keeps on bothering him though. He looks at her. “Sleep well…Ji Hyo-ssi…” he said and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

            Morning, Ji Hyo wakes up and looks at the clock. She immediately stands up. “It’s already 8 o’clock…” She went out to her room and went downstairs.

          “Good Morning Pretty Unnie~…” Eun Joo greeted her. She is sitting at the dining table.

          “Good Morning too Pretty Angel…” she said.

          “You’re awake Ji Hyo-ssi…Let’s eat…” Jong Kook said. He’s wearing an apron and put the food on the table. “You cook this?...” Ji Hyo asked. He cooks fish stew, potatoes and kimbap. “You know how to cook?...” Ji Hyo added. She was still amazed by it.

          “Of course I know…” Jong Kook replied.

          They all started eating. Then after that, they prepare themselves and ride to Jong Kook’s car. They first went into Eun Joo’s school. They accompanied her inside. Jong Kook half kneeled and face Eun Joo.

          “Be good to school…Okay?...” Jong Kook said to Eun Joo.

          Eun Joo nodded. “Ne~ Appa…” she smiles. Ji Hyo also sits down to face her. “Aja Pretty Angel~…” Ji Hyo said. “AJA~…” Eun Joo said then she hugs both of them and kisses Jong Kook then Ji Hyo. Then she waved goodbye.

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo went back to the car.

          “I’ll just take a bus from here…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Ani~…Just get in…I’ll drive you to your shop…” Jong Kook insisted.

          Ji Hyo didn’t react and just get inside the car. After a while, they arrived to her shop. Ji Hyo get out of the car. “Thank you…” Ji Hyo said. “You’re wel--…” Jong Kook didn’t finish what he’s saying because Gary appears running.

          “JI HYOOOOOOO-yah~!...Good Morning…” Gary shouted and puts his arm to her shoulders. “Oh…Good Morning Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” Gary also greeted him. Jong Kook bows his head a bit. “Then…I’ll be going…” he said and drives away.

~~~~~~~~~

          “Here…” Jong Kook gave a paper bag to Kyung Min who was sitting into the sofa inside his office. “What’s this?...” Kyung Min said and opens the Tupperware in it. “Waaaaaa…Kim Jong Kook’s Kimbap….It’s been a long time…Annyong….” Kyung Min said excitedly.

          “You’re over reacting…” Jong Kook said to him.

          “What happen?...Why did you cook?...Oh…come on tell me…”

          “Ji Hyo-ssi was tired that’s why I insisted to cook…”

          Kyung Min smiles while staring at him. “What’s your problem?...” Jong Kook asked him. “Don’t look at me like that…I think I know what you’re thinking…” Jong Kook added.

          “Ji Hyo-ssi was really beautiful…right?...”

          “Yes she is…”

          “And very attractive too…Do you think…she’ll like me?...” Kyung Min said.

          “What?!...Are you serious?...” Jong Kook asked. He didn’t like what he said.

          “Gotcha~!...You like her…” Kyung Min shouted.

          “No…I don’t like her…” he refuses.

          “Oh come on Jong Kook-ah…You’re not a teenager anymore…Accept it…you like Ji Hyo-ssi…” Kyung Min said.

          “Do I really like her?...Is that the reason why I’m reacting this way to her?...” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Do you guarded your heart better?...” Haha asked Ji Hyo. They were in her mini truck and Haha’s driving. He helps her delivering. Haha knows Ji Hyo well. Ji Hyo treats Haha as her older brother and best friend too. That’s why Haha knows her feelings well.

          “I did…but I keep on falling for him…It’s crazy…I’ll just hurt myself…but then I still didn’t stop it…Seeing him makes my heart flutter…not seeing him makes me miss him…Tha’ts how fool I am Oppa…But one month…Just one month left…” Ji Hyo smiles bitterly.

          “Then after that?...Do you think that feelings will just disappear?...”

          Ji Hyo just looks outside the window. “How fool I am to fall for him?...When I know that he’ll never like me back…” Ji Hyo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Yah~…Jong Kook-ah…Did you know that Jang Hyuk will be home today from London?...” Kyung Min asked him.

          “I don’t know…He didn’t contact me…”

          “Aiggoo that rascal always doing this…”

          After hours, Jong Kook’s handphone rings.

          *Incoming call Jang Hyuk…*

          “Yah~…You didn’t even tell us…Where are you?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Mian~…I was with Eun Joo now…and she was with a beautiful lady…She told me she was the one who’s taking care of Eun Joo for a while…Then I’m hanging up…I will spend time with them…See you soon my friend…” Jang Hyuk said and hangs up.

          Jong Kook didn’t like what he said though. Jang Hyuk was a well known playboy. When he sees a beautiful woman, he always starts to flirt with her.

          “Aisssshh Jinja…” Jong Kook said then he calls his secretary. “Cancel all my appointments…” he said. Then he went into his car and leaves.

          He calls Ji Hyo. “Ji Hyo-ssi…Where are you?...” he asked.

          “Were at the zoo Jong Kook-ssi…I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this…You’re friend Jang Hyuk-ssi insisted and he said that you already know about this…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Araseo…I’ll be there..” he said and hangs up.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook arrives at the zoo and looks for them. He was walking and stops when he sees them. They were looking at the giraffe. Jang Hyuk was copying the way giraffe eats. Ji Hyo was laughing. He stares at her. “Why do I feel like this?...I hate it because some else is making you smile…I’ve gone crazy…This won’t do…I don’t think I’m ready enough to like some else…or to fall for someone…” Jong Kook thought.

          “Appa~…” Eun Joo said as she sees him and runs to him. Jong Kook carries her. “How’s my baby doing?...Are you enjoying here?...” he asked. Eun Joo nodded. “Uncle Jang Hyuk was here Appa…” she said.

          Jang Hyuk and Ji Hyo moves closer to them. Jong Kook puts Eun Joo down and hugs Jang Hyuk. “You should contact us Jang Hyuk-ah…”

          “Well I just want to surprise you guys…but it looks like I was the one who got surprise…” Jang Hyuk said and put his arm around Ji Hyo’s shoulders. “You didn’t tell me you have this beautiful woman here…” he added and smiles to Ji Hyo.

          “You’re still the same…Aigooo…” Jong Kook just said but inside he felt irritated.

          They walk around the zoo. Jong Kook was with Eun Joo and Jang Hyuk was with Ji Hyo. Jong Kook always glimpse at them. Jang Hyuk always jokes around that’s why Ji Hyo was always laughing.

          “Eun Joo-yah…Do you want some corndog?...” Jang Hyuk asked.

          “Ne~…”

          “Okay…Let’s buy it…” Jang Hyuk said and carries Eun Joo. Then he walks away. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were left alone. They were looking at the tigers. Suddenly, Jong Kook sees Ji Hyo smiles while looking at the tigers.      

          “Why are you smiling?...”

          “Because it really looks like you…”

          “Then I’m scary?...”

          “Ani~…Tiger were scary but cute…”

          “So I’m cute?...” Jong Kook said with his eye smile.

          “N-e~…” Ji Hyo responded and walks away. She was blushing. “That smile will kill me…” Ji Hyo thought.

          Jong Kook still follows her. He hates how she just walks away when he’s trying to have a conversation. Just then a group of teenagers where excitedly running and accidentally bumps Ji Hyo. She was about to hit the big rock but then Jong Kook immediately catch her and he hits his back into the big rock.