Chapter 18

Mr. Eye Smile

           Ji Hyo was in her bed, still can’t believe that they were finally together. She was smiling by herself when her handphone beeps.

          *New Message Received*

          She opens it.

          From: Kim Jong Kook

                   I’m really happy Ji Hyo-yah…Words can’t express my happiness right now…I love you and I want to know you more…I want to know what makes you YOU…Good night…

         She smiles while reading it. Jong Kook was really different from before and she really likes it. She also types her reply.

          From: Song Ji Hyo

                   I’m really happy too…I still can’t believe what had happen but I’m thankful…I love you too and Good night…

          Jong Kook smiles reading it. He was happy and loved. Finally, he can express his feelings more. He feels so alive. “If I die that day…I wouldn’t be happy like this today…and for special reason that my happiness right now is the one who let me live…my Song Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Days passed, it was already Friday. Jong Kook was in his office, sitting in his chair, and thinking. Kyung Min came in without noticed. “Let’s eat out Jong Kook-ah…” he said. “I’m not hungry…” Jong Kook said. He was busy surfing the net. Kyung Min got curious and he walks towards him and look at what he was doing.

          “Oooohhhhh…So do you have a date tomorrow?...” Kyung Min smiles. Jong Kook was looking for a good place to eat. He was also looking what movie is showing.

          “Do you think she’ll like it here?...” Jong Kook asked pertaining to the classy restaurant.

          “Knowing Ji Hyo…I don’t think she’ll be comfortable in that…She was an adventurous woman…I think she would like if you’ll go to an amusement park…” Kyung Min said.

          Jong Kook gulps. “But I’m not good on rides…”

          “That’s the truth…Hmmm…you can just ask her where she wanted to go…”

          “You were right…Should I bought her chocolates and flowers?...”

          “Yah~…You’re acting like a teenager having his first date…for goodness sake you’re already 37 years old…You’re really excited…”

          Jong Kook just smiles. His expression shows it all. They’ve been busy and he didn’t have the chance to see her again after that day. Ji Hyo was busy with her flower shop and he was too with everyday meetings but he always calls her.

          “What about Eun Joo then?...You’re not asking me to take care of her...Is she with you tomorrow?...” Kyung Min asked.

          “Ani~…I’ll leave her in RM Restaurant…She wants to go there too…She misses her Ahjussi’s…”

          Kyung Min smiles. “I’m happy for you my brother…”

          “This will not happen without your help Kyung Min-ah…Thank you…Ji Hyo told me what you’ve done…” Jong Kook said and he stands to hug him.

          “Well…you’re welcome…” he hugs him too.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Saturday 11AM, Jong Kook and Eun Joo arrive at RM Restaurant. Eun Joo immediately runs to Jae Suk and he carries her. “Waaa…Our Eun Joo is so pretty…Do you miss me?...” Jae Suk asked her. Eun Joo nodded and kisses his cheek. “Hyung…how have you been?...Is it really okay to leave her here?...You were busy…” Jong Kook said.

          “It’s okay…we all love her here…She got many Ahjussi’s to look for her…”

          “Thank you Hyung…” Jong Kook said and kisses Eun Joo’s forehead. “Be good Eun Joo-yah…Listen to them…” he said. “Ne Appa~…” Eun Joo response.

          “Then…I’ll be going Hyung…” he said and leaves.

          He drives his car to where Ji Hyo is. She personally delivered flowers to her teacher on its art gallery. Ji Hyo was already walking on the street when Jong Kook sees her. He stops his car, opens its window and calls. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he smiles. Ji Hyo smiles too and get on in his car. She felt awkward. It’s been 6 days since she lasts saw him.

          “You’re hungry right?...Where do you want to eat?...” Jong Kook asked and glance at her. “Spicy stir fry squid…there’s a delicious food just go straight and turn to the third street…” she said. “Okay…” he said.

          He parks his car and they alight. “We still need to walk…the restaurant is there…” Ji Hyo said and pointed the restaurant on the second street. They started walking, Ji Hyo was still quiet. Jong Kook suddenly interlocks his hand to hers. Ji Hyo was startled. She looks at him, wide eyes. Jong Kook just smiles with his eyes.

          They arrived at the restaurant and order foods. The foods arrived and they started eating. Ji Hyo wraps some rice and squid into lettuce gives it to him. Jong Kook opens his mouth and eats it.

          It was his fifth lettuce wrap when he suddenly hiccups. Ji Hyo looks at him but he hiccups again. “The truth is…I can’t take too much spicy food…I hiccup always when I ate it…” he confessed then he hiccups again. Ji Hyo smiles and pinches his cheeks. “You’re really cute…” she said. She finds it really adorable. The man with a well built body hiccups just by eating too much spicy food. She was amused knowing things about him. His likes and dislikes. Getting to know him more makes her more in love with him. She can’t help but smile.

          “You find it amusing…” he said and Ji Hyo nodded.

          After they ate, Ji Hyo doesn’t feel awkward. They always talks about what happen to them every day. Like, Jong Kook gets mad to one of his employees because of its mistakes and Ji Hyo had a big delivery of flowers in an event. “You always get anger easily…” Ji Hyo said pertaining to the employee he got mad with. “No it’s not like that…I won’t be angry if just a simple mistake…I’m not like before…it was really a huge mistake that’s why I got mad…” he explains.

          They decided to go to Aquarium Park. They roam around and took some pictures. Ji Hyo was really excited about it.

          6:00PM, they went to Namsan Tower. They ride the cable car. They were both happy. At 7:30PM, they ate dinner. “After eating…can we walk into the Namsan Park?...” Jong Kook said. “Okay…” she said.

          As they were walking, Jong Kook suddenly stops. “Why?...” Ji Hyo said. Jong Kook faced her and smiles then he snaps his finger and the lights on. The trees and plants were decorated with lights. It was so beautiful. “When did you do this?...You’re impossible…” she was amazed.

          “For you…I’ll make it possible…” he smiles.

          Then she noticed that there’s a man sitting at the corner with his piano.

          “You did plan to sing?...” she asked.

          Jong Kook smiles sweetly and steps backward. He was 2 meters away from her. “Listen to my heart…my Song Ji Hyo…”

          The piano started to play. Jong Kook doesn’t have a microphone with him. He’ll just sing without it.

 

Nomu gokjonghajinun ma boran dushi sarabolgoya

Don’t worry too much, I will live as if to show off 
Huhoenun sachiil ppuniya dashi shijakhaebolke

Regret is an extravagance – I will start over again

Na oje tto urosso na oje to sulposso

Yesterday, I cried again, yesterday, I was sad again
Wae iron baborul saranghangoni

Why did you love a fool like me?

 

 

Ni maumi yepposo ni sarangi gomawo

Because your heart is so pretty, because I’m so thankful for your love
Ijen I sonul japgo dashi taeonalgoya

Now I will hold your hand and be born again

 

Babodo saranghamnida bonae jushin I sarang

The fool also loves

Ije dashinun ulji anulgomnida

This person that has been sent to me, I will never make her cry again
Na ije moksumul golgo

I will risk my life to protect her

Sesang apumeso jikyonaelgeyo

from the pain of the world
I saramul saranghamnida

I love this person

 

Nol wihandanungu iyuro nol bonaelpon haesso

I almost let you go with the reason that it was for your own good

Na guroke baboya non nae sarang babogo

That’s how foolish I am – you are my love fool
Sororul manhido ulgehaessotji

We made each other cry a lot
Ni sarangi opdamyon nol mannalsi opdamyon

If I don’t have your love, if I can’t see you
Ama nanun pyongsaengul huhoehamyon salgoya

I will probably regret my whole life

 

Babodo saranghamnida bonae jushin I sarang

The fool also loves
Ije dashinun ulji anulgomnida

This person that has been sent to me, I will never make her cry again
Na ije moksumul golgo

I will risk my life to protect her from the pain of the world

Sesang apumeso jikyonaelgeyo I saramul

I will try hard for you, I will live for you
Nol wihae noryokhaebolke nol wihae saragalke

I will throw away my weak heart
Nayakhan maum tawin modu borilke

Uriui sarangul wihae

For our love,

Noui sonul japgo nochi anhulke

I will hold your hand and never let go
Saranghanun nae sarang baboya

I love you, my love, my fool

 

From fool to fool by Park Myung Soo

 

          Jong Kook steps forward. He’s now in front of her. Tears were falling from her eyes. “You’re such a cry baby Ji Hyo-yah…” he smiles. She hits his chest. “You’re really impossible…You can be a singer…” she smiles.

          Jong Kook cupped her face. He kisses her forehead, down to her eyes, to her nose then he stares at her with his small eyes. “You’re my life…You and Eun Joo...I will do my best for the both of you…I love you so much Song Ji Hyo…today more than yesterday….Saranghae…” he said with sincere in his voice then he kisses her lips with all his love.