Chapter 6

Mr. Eye Smile

         “Ji Hyo-ssi…” he said with a husky voice.

          Ji Hyo was alarmed and immediately pushes him away. Jong Kook hits the right part of his forehead into the stand of the vase. Jong Kook didn’t stand up and just moan.

          Ji Hyo goes to him and worriedly asked him. “Are you alright?...I’m sorry…” but Jong Kook didn’t response. Ji Hyo holds his right part of his forehead. “You’re burning…why you didn’t say it?...” she said.

          “I was about to…yet you push me…” he said with lower voice. He has high fever.

          “I’m sor-ry…I didn’t mean to…” she apologized and help him to stands up. They walk into his room. His room was so neat and elegant. He lies in his bed. Ji Hyo went down and gets some cold water and towel. She went back into his room and put the wet cold towel into his forehead. Jong Kook’s head aches a lot and he just keeps his eyes closed. Ji Hyo went down again to get glass of water and medicine. She let him drinks it. After a while, he fell asleep, Ji Hyo didn’t leave him.

          After an hour, Ji Hyo checks his temperature. “38 degrees…He’s getting better…” she said. She noticed the wedding picture in the frame near his bed. “You’re wife was really beautiful…Eun Joo has her eyes…How great it could be if you were together…I hope one day you’ll open your arms to your daughter…Eun Joo was a very lovely child…and you need her too…You have to live your life…you’re not dead Kim Jong Kook-ssi…you’re not…” she said.

          Jong Kook wakes up already and he pretends to be asleep. “I’m not…because you…saved me…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Ji Hyo was cooking at the kitchen then Eun Joo went to her. “Pretty Unnie…Good Morning~!...” Eun Joo greeted her with a cute voice.

          “Good Morning too pretty one…How was your sleep?...”

          “It was good but I’m too excited…” Eun Joo said. She has a performance in her school. Ji Hyo knew it.

          “I’m going to watch it baby…You’ll do well right?...”

          “Ne~…for Pretty Unnie…” Eun Joo smiles.

          Eun Joo sits and will start to eat then Jong Kook also sit into the dining table. “I’m hungry…” Jong Kook said. Ji Hyo smiles happily. “Coming~…” she said excitedly. Eun Joo was amazed that her Appa will eat together with her. Ji Hyo gave him food and she also sits.  

          “I’ll eat well~…” Eun Joo said.

          Ji Hyo can’t help herself and tears fall from her eyes. She wipes it immediately but Jong Kook sees it. “Stop crying…” he said. Ji Hyo nodded. “I’m sorry…”

          After they ate, Jong Kook went back into his room. Ji Hyo prepares Eun Joo. After that, they went down into the living room. “Wait for me…I’ll just check your Appa…” she said to Eun Joo.

          She went into his room and knocked. “Come in…” he heard him say. She enters and said. “How do you feel?...Does your head aches?...”

          “I’m fine…but this aches…” he said and points into his right forehead. “I’m really sorry about that…Wait” she said and gets the medicine for bruise. Jong Kook was sitting in his bed. She puts the medicine in her finger and applies it to his right forehead while blowing it to lessen the pain then she puts band aid to it.

          “It’s done then we’ll be going…” she said and turns to the door but she turns again to him. “Do you…want to come?...Eun Joo will have a performance today…”

          He paused and stares at her. “I…will…” he finally said.

          “That’s good then…We’ll be waiting for you downstairs…” She said and went out.

~~~~~~~~~

          At school, Eun Joo was so happy because her Appa comes and will watch her. Her teacher walks towards them.

          “Eun Joo-yah…you should prepare already…” her teacher said.

          “Ah Ne~…I’ll help her…” Ji Hyo said and they leave.

          “I’m glad I was able to see you  Kim Jong Kook-ssi…Eun Joo will be very happy that you’ll be able to watch her…”

          “I was so busy…Thank you for taking care of her…” he said.

          Then after a while, the performance started. They were singing a nursery song with their cute costumes. Jong Kook was just staring at her daughter. It’s his first time staring at her for a very long time. “I really do have a lovely daughter…She was so cute…She has her eyes…Our Eun Joo…Eun Joo-yah…” Jong Kook thought. Tears fell from his eyes, Ji Hyo noticed it and handed him her handkerchief. He gets it and wipes his tears.

          After the performance, it’s time for them to go home, as they were walking to the car, Ji Hyo stops for while and let them walk. Jong Kook noticed that she stops and he turns to her. Ji Hyo signs him to just go on. Then he does.

          “Eu-n Jo-o…Eun Joo-yah…Eun Joo-yah…” Jong Kook said. Eun Joo turns to him. “Why Appa?...” she asked. Jong Kook half kneeled to Eun Joo’s level to face her. “Appa…will say something…” he said and Eun Joo nodded.

          “Appa has been so bad to you…I’m really sorry for that…Appa was just so lonely because your Eomma was gone…but it’s all my fault…All these years I’ve taken away the Father you needed…Mianhe…” his tears started to fall. “That’s wh-y…Appa…was saying…let’s start again Eun Joo-yah…I’ll be the best Father for you…I’m sorry it took me years…but I’m here Eun Joo-yah…Appa will never turn his back to you…I love you my Eun Joo…” he said.

          Eun Joo was already crying too. She wipes his Appa’s tears using her hands. “Eun Joo…was never mad at you Appa…I love you Appa…” she said and Jong Kook hugs her tightly.

          “I’m really sorry…Appa will do his best…I promise…” he said and smiles.

          Ji Hyo was watching and also crying. She was happy for them, finally. “You have the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” Ji Hyo thought.

          They ate out for dinner and went home. Eun Joo fell asleep and Jong Kook carries her and bring into her room.

          Jong Kook went into Ji Hyo’s room but she’s not there. He went down and found her at the veranda. He walks towards her.

          “It was such a good day…I’m happy for the both of you…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Yes..it was…Thank you…for everything…I’m not good in words but I’m really thankful to you…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo smiles. “For Eun Joo…” she said.

          “And…I’m sorry for being mean to you…I’m such a jerk as you know…”

          “You really are…” she said and looks at him.

          “But thank you…really…” Jong Kook said with sincere voice.

          “You’re welcome…your wife will be surely happy…” Ji Hyo said and looks at the sky.

          Jong Kook also does it. “She is…” he said and smiles a bit. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll try to update again this week. 
I'm going to update first my other story hehehe.
Thanks ^~^