Chapter 16

Mr. Eye Smile

           Ji Hyo was finally awake. She took some test to make it sure that there isn’t swelling in her brain. After the test, she was brought back to her room. Joong Ki was already there. He was out to buy coffee.

          “It’s good that there isn’t any swelling into your brain…” the Doctor said. “But you’re platelets aren’t normal yet…and we need some blood transfusion…” the Doctor added. “Beside from that everything was okay…you just need to rest and drink pain reliever for the bruises…”

          “Thank you Doctor…I can donate blood for my sister…I’m also type A…” Joong Ki said.

          “Don’t worry about it we have a blood already…after she ate and rest we will do the blood transfusion…She can’t eat anything solid yet soup is better…”

          “Thank you again…” Joong Ki said and the Doctor leaves.

          Joong Ki holds her hand and smiles. “I’m really glad you’re finally awake Noona…I’m so scared…” he says. Ji Hyo smiles weakly. “I’m hungry Joong Ki-yah…” she said with her weak voice. “Araseo Noona…” he said excitedly and went out to ask the nurse.

          “Is it really him?...but how?...He can’t go to hospital…maybe I was just hallucinating…He won’t probably be here after what I said to him…” Ji Hyo thought.

~~~~~~~~~

          *A while ago…*

         After Jong Kook went out to her room, he went to her Doctor.

          “Hyung…How is she?...Is there something wrong?...” he asked.

          Doctor Kim Soo Ro looks at him. “It’s a miracle…you were able to come here…” he said. Kim Soo Ro is his older cousin from his Father side. “Who was she?...Well apart from you said that she saved Eun Joo from the accident…Can I conclude that she’s the reason from your change?...”

          “Araseo Hyung…I love that woman…so now tell me what’s wrong why she’s still unconscious?...” Jong Kook admitted.

          Soo Ro smiles. “Aigoo yah…That’s good then…Okay…her vital signs was doing good…but she lost to much blood and she needs some blood transfusion…” Soo Ro explains.

          “What is her blood type?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Type A…”

          “I will donate…” he said.

          “You’ve really changed…Okay then I’ll ask a nurse to assist you…”

          “Thank you Hyung…Take care of her…”

          “You don’t need to ask for that Jong Kook-ah…I’m a Doctor and I took care of my patients…I’m just happy for you…you finally found someone…”

          “Hyung it’s not what you think…We’re not together…”

          “Is that so?...but even though it’s like that…I’m just glad you’re okay…”  Soo Ro smiles and hugs him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          2 days passed, Ji Hyo was finally okay. She’s not weak anymore. Her platelets are now normal. It was noon when Kyung Min and Eun Joo arrive. She was alone then because Joong Ki went home.

          “Pretty Unnie~!...” Eun Joo said excitedly and runs to her. Eun Joo hugs her. “I’m happy you’re okay Pretty Unnie…”

          Ji Hyo smiles and hugs her back. “Unnie was glad too that you’re okay…” she said. She looks at the door and bows her head to Kyung Min and he does the same. She was looking if there is still someone coming but Kyung Min already closed the door.

          “It’s good to know that you’re finally okay Ji Hyo-yah…and also thank you for saving Eun Joo…” Kyung Min said.

          “I love Eun Joo that’s why I did it…” she smiles to Eun Joo.

          “I love you too Pretty Unnie~…” Eun Joo said and kissed her cheek.

          Just then, Kyung Min handphone started to ring. It was Kim Jong Kook. He answers it. “We’re here…” Kyung Min said. “Okay I’ll give her the phone…” he said again and gives the phone to Ji Hyo. “He wants to talk to you…” Kyung Min said. Ji Hyo gets the phone and put it into her ear.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said. Her heart skips just by hearing his voice. She missed it so much. “Ne~…” she just answers.

          “Thank you…I’m really thankful that you save my daughter…and…I’m sorry that this happens to you…and…I’m glad you’re now okay…”

          “It’s for Eun Joo…” she said shortly.

          “Thank you again…then goodbye…” he said and hangs up.

          She gives back the phone to Kyung Min. “He settled your payments here in the hospital Ji Hyo-yah…and I’m sorry that he can’t go…you know it…” he said.

          Ji Hyo just nodded. She was still awed from her conversation with him.

          “Appa already visited my Pretty Unnie…” Eun Joo said and Ji Hyo looks at her. “He said it to me…”

          “Really?...” Kyung Min said. He can’t believe it. Jong Kook never told him.

          “Ne~…Appa worries so much Pretty Unnie…”

          Ji Hyo just smiles weakly. “So it was really him…He took his courage and went to see me…” Ji Hyo said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~

          *Two weeks passed…*

          10:30PM, Jong Kook and Kyung Min was drinking at the veranda.

          “We’re leaving Kyung Min-ah…” Jong Kook said and Kyung Min turns to him. “What do you mean?...” Kyung Min said.

          “I’ve decided to migrate to LA…”

          “WHAAAT?!...Why?...Is it about her?...Jong Kook-ah you followed her to Jeju and you didn’t told me everything…but I know there is something wrong…if it’s still your same issues…”

          “No it’s not…She told me she’ll marry her ex-fiancée…and I respect that…I’ve decided this because from what happened…Eun Joo and I can’t live here…Seoul is too small for us…We need to have our own life without her…I hope you understand that…It’s for the better…and I want to keep her safe…I don’t want anything bad happens to her…”

          Kyung Min sighs. “When will you leave?...”

          “The day after tomorrow…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          The next day, Kyung Min decided to meet Ji Hyo. He went to the flower shop and asks her if he can talk to her. Ji Hyo agrees and they went to the nearest coffee shop.

          “It was like the first time I ask you to take care of Eun Joo…” Kyung Min said reminiscing the past. “How are you Ji Hyo-yah?...” he said.

          “I’m fine Oppa…What is it that you want to talk about?...”

          “First, promise me that you will say the truth…” he said and Ji Hyo nodded. “Is it really true that you’ll marry your ex-fiancée?...”

          Ji Hyo was a bit shocked with his question. She didn’t respond and Kyung Min asks her again. “You’ll marry him?...”

          “Aniyo~…”

          “Then why did you told him that?...”

          “I was hurt…and I don’t know if he was sincere…He was still prison in his past…”

          “You’re wrong Ji Hyo-yah…That man was really in love with you…I’m not telling this because I’m his best friend but I saw it…He changed because of you…The day you first left him was so devastated to him…so please stop hurting your feelings and get together…because if you won’t…you will never be able to see him again…”

          “What do you mean?...”

          “They’re leaving…He plans to migrate to LA…It was a shock to him that you’ve been in danger because of him…”

          “But it was an accident…”

          “That’s not it…if Eun Joo didn’t go to you that won’t happen…He wants to keep you safe…”

          “And what safe is…them leaving…” Ji Hyo said.

          “He was just thinking about you…the fear of losing someone you love for all of your life was something he can’t deal with…and realizing things he thought about leaving…and also because you told him those lies…Think about it Ji Hyo-yah…their flight is tomorrow afternoon…”

          Ji Hyo was left thinking her thoughts.

~~~~~~~~

          *The day of the flight…3:30PM*

          Jong Kook, Eun Joo and Kyung Min was now at the airport waiting for their flight.

          “There is no turning back?...Are you really sure with this?...” Kyung Min asked.

          “Ne~…”

          “I will miss our little angel…” Kyung Min said and carries Eun Joo. “You’ll miss Uncle too right?...”

          Eun Joo nodded and hugs him.

          Jong Kook stands. “We’re now going Kyung Min-ah…Take care…” he said and they hug. “You take care too…and Eun Joo…” Kyung Min said.

          Then Jong Kook and Eun Joo started to walk. Jong Kook turns and Kyung Min was waving his goodbye but he looks around. I’m crazy…Why would I think she’ll be here and stop me?...She’s engaged for crying out loud…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          But as he turns his head and walks, Ji Hyo shouted and he stops. “YAH KIM JONG KOOK~!...” Ji Hyo was catching her breathe from running.

          Jong Kook turns his head to see if it was really her.

          “Where do you think you’re going?...Is this really how you will solve things?...Always running away…” Ji Hyo complains and tears fall from her eyes.

          She was 3 meters away from him. “She was here…She was here…I’m not dreaming…She…was…really here…” Jong Kook thought.

          “You’re really such a---…” Ji Hyo was about to say but then Jong Kook walks towards her, cupped her face and kissed her. A tear fell from Jong Kook’s eye. “I don’t care anymore…She’s here…and I will never let her go…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          Ji Hyo puts her hands into his neck and responds his kisses. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kyyyyaaaaaaahhhhh >/////< 
Thank you for reading ^~^