Chapter 38

Mr. Eye Smile

          “Oppa…I’m sorry…” she said with sadness in her voice. 

          Jong Kook is about to get the ring from his pocket. It is the same ring he uses when he proposes to her. He still remembers the day when he receives the ring.

Flashback

          Its 11PM, Jong Kook went to a coffee shop where Jae Suk told him to go to. He came in and saw him sitting.

          “Jong Kook-ah here…” Jae Suk calls him.

          He walks to him and sat towards him.

          “Why did you want to meet Hyung?...” he asked. He is still so sad from the shock of Ji Hyo leaving.

          Jae Suk gave him a look that saying he understands him. “I want to meet…because…I want to give you this…” he said and gave him the ring of Ji Hyo.

          Jong Kook smiles pinkishly. He didn’t even know if he should cry or what. Tears won’t come out too. He’s too tired.

          “He doesn’t want me to…be a part …even in just a memory…” he said with sad voice.

          “I’m sorry Jong Kook-ah…” Jae Suk said to console him.

          “You don’t need to say sorry Hyung…You didn’t do anything wrong…It’s all my fault…because of me…she left…” he said and a tear fell from his eyes.

End of Flashback

          He stops as she heard her. He feels so nervous. He looks at her, full of questions. “No please…Don’t reject me...” Jong Kook said in his mind. But as Ji Hyo will speak again, Jong Kook rises and hugs her instead. He feels so scared to be rejected. He doesn’s t but after what happen between them losing her again will kills him.

          “Aniya~…We’ll take this slowly…Mianhe for hurrying things…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo smiles. “I’m sorry Oppa…just wait…I have a surprise for you…” Ji Hyo thought.

          “Let’s sleep Oppa…I’m sleepy…” Ji Hyo said and they lay on the bed. Jong Kook puts his arms around her and kisses her forehead. “Close your eyes and sleep Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook smiles. She closes her eyes and fell asleep.

          Jong Kook stares at her. “Saranghae…” then kisses her head.

          Ji Hyo moves closer to him and hugs him tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Ji Hyo is cooking while Jong Kook’s playing with Joon when someone knocks on the door. “I’ll get it…” Jong Kook said he carries Joon and opens the door.

          “Good Morning…and Happy Birthday Brother…” Kyung Min smiles then Ara and Eun Joo appears at his back. “Happy Birthday Oppa…” Ara greeted.

          “Appa~…Saengeul Chukahae…” Eun Joo said and walks to his Appa. Jong Kook gets down a bit to hug Eun Joo. “Thank you my angel…” he said and Eun Joo kisses him. He stands up again and hugs Kyung Min then Ara. “Thank you…” he smiles. “Come in...” he added.

          “Annyong haseyo Ji Hyo-yah…” Kyung Min greeted her as he enters. “Kyung Min Oppa…” Ji Hyo said and bows too. “Unnie~…” Ara said then runs to her and hugs her tightly. “Ara-yah…I’m happy to see you…” Ji Hyo said.

          Eun Joo’s just standing and looking at them. She’s waiting for her turn to hug her Pretty Unnie. Ji Hyo turns to Eun Joo and walks towards her then knelt down to level to Eun Joo. “Hi there my pretty angel…I miss you…so much…” Ji Hyo said and smiles sweetly.

          “I miss you so much too…” Eun Joo said and hugs her tightly. Jong Kook smiles too while looking at them. “We will always be able to see you from now on…right Pretty Unnie?...” Eun Joo asked. “Appa said he will bring back my Eomma...and now you’re here…I’m really happy…” she added.

          “Of course…I will always be here…” Ji Hyo said.

          “You’ll stay?...”

          “Ne~…I will…always…”

          They all ate together. After that, they decided to go to the hotel. As they arrived at the hotel Joong Ki welcomes them. Joong Ki and Ara were like magnets. They can’t separate. “Happy Birthday Hyung…” Joong Ki said. “Thank you…” Jong Kook said.

          “We’ll have a dinner together later…for my birthday…I’ll make it special don’t worry…but for now…Can I spend some quality time with my family?...” Jong Kook asked to the three.

          “Araseo Oppa…We have a date too…” Ara said.

          “And I’ll be alone…again…Aigoooo…” Kyung Min complains.

          “You? Alone?...Here?...That won’t happen…I know you--…” Jong Kook didn’t finish what he’s saying because Kyung Min covers his mouth. “Araseo araseo…Just stop talking…” Kyung Min said.

          “Have fun…Noona…Hyung…” Joong Ki said to them.

~~~~~~~~~~

          11AM, Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, Eun Joo and Joon went to a Sauna. They wear a pink tshirt and short. They also have a towel on their heads. They sat at one corner and started to eat the food they bought.

          Ji Hyo gets and egg and hit it on Jong Kook’s head.

          “Yah~…” Jong Kook complains but Ji Hyo just smiles. Jong Kook also gets an egg and tries to hit it to Ji Hyo’s head but she refuses. “Yah~…Oppa…Andwe…” she said.

          “Come here…”

          Eun Joo and Joon were sitting together and looking at them. Eun Joo laugh but then Joon started to cry.

          The two stop on what they’re doing and Ji Hyo immediately hugs Joon to stop him from crying. “Oh…Mian Joon-ah…Eomma Mian…” she comforts him. Joon stops crying and falls asleep.

          “Eun Joo-yah…You should try it to your Appa…” Ji Hyo said.

          Eun Joo also gets an egg and hit it into his Appa’s head. She smiles. They were so happy being together like that. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looks at each to other, signing if it’s the right time to tell Eun Joo. They talked about early morning that they should tell Eun Joo about Joon.

          Eun Joo is really understanding even Jong Kook is really surprise by her. When she explains the situation about Hyun Woo back then, Eun Joo cried but she understands everything. She’s really an angel. Yes, she understands, but he knows well she was so sad back then when Hyun Woo left.

          “Eun Joo-yah…Appa will tell you something important…” Jong Kook said.

          “What is it Appa?...”

          Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo then she nods at him.

          “You know Joon is your Pretty Unnie’s baby…right?...” he asked.

          Eun Joo nodded.

          “Joon…is your…little brother Eun Joo-yah…Appa and Eomma’s baby…” he finally said.

          Eun Joo keeps silent at first but then she smiles. “Really Appa???...That’s real right?...He’s my brother…and I’m his Noona…” Eun Joo asked.

          “Ne my angel…this time it’s really real…I will never take back my words…Joon’s your brother…”

          Eun Joo then hugs them two. “I love you Appa…Eomma…and Joonie…” Eun Joo said sweetly that melt them.

          “We love you too our angel…” Jong Kook said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          8PM, it’s now their dinner time. They all gather together at one table. Jong Kook raises his glass of wine and others do it also except for Eun Joo. “Thank you for being with me on my birthday…and thank you for always being with us…through all the time…It’s the happiest birthday to me…because finally…we’re all together now…” then he looks at Ji Hyo and his babies. “For happiness…” he added.

          “For happiness…” they all said and have cheers.                                                                                                                                                         Then they all started to eat, a special dinner prepared by the chefs of the hotel.

          After eating, they chat a little then Joong Ki and Ara decided to walk at the seaside and they tag Eun Joo and Joon too. “Take care of them…” Jong Kook said to them. “Ne~ Oppa…” Ara said. “Kaja Eun Joo-yah…” Ara said to her and they left.

          “I’m going to the restroom…” Ji Hyo said and leaves too.

          “So I bet you really proposed to her?...” Kyung Min asked.

          “Ne~…but she gave me a look that she’s going to reject me…and I stop…”

          “You’re really good at hurrying things…little by little Jong Kook-ah…maybe she’s just too overwhelmed that you’re finally together again…”

          “That’s what I thought too…I propose to her again…maybe tomorrow or the next day…”

          Kyung Min just smiles. Just then an employee walks towards to them. “Good Evening Sir…I’m sorry to interrupt you but the guest in Room 715 is complaining and she’s looking for the head…She keeps on insisting that you should come…”

          “Araseo we’ll go…” Jong Kook said. “Let’s go Kyung Min-ah…” he added and they went to Room 715. He just texted Ji Hyo to tell her where he is.

          “You can come in Sir...She said you can enter…” the employee said.

          Jong Kook enters first and when he turns to Kyung Min. The guy is smiling then closes the door. His eyebrows narrowed and then reach the door knob. He tries to open it but its lock. “Yah~! Kyung Min-ah…this is not a good joke…Open it…” he shouted. He looks at the little hole at the center of the door and sees Kyung Min. He is waving his goodbye and mounthed ‘Enjoy’ then he leaves.

          “YAH~!!!...”

          “You’re too loud…Jong Kook Oppa…” Ji Hyo said. He turns and looks at her. She smiles. “Ji Hyo-yah…What is this?...” he just asked. He is surprised, all he thought Kyung Min is playing trick to him.

          “A surprise…Of course…”

          “The door is locked…Kyung Min uses the auto locked key for this door…We can’t get out…How about Eun Joo and Joon?...”

          Ji Hyo grabs him let him sit on the sofa. “Quite Oppa…Hmm…They’re just fine…Joong Ki and Ara’s taking care of them…Don’t think about anything because…I prepared this…for you…” she said.

          Jong Kook smiles at her. “Araseo…Mian…Thank you…” he said.

          Ji Hyo took a deep breathe and sits beside him. “Oppa…” she said but she stops because she’s too nervous. She drinks the wine in the glass in just one shot. She composes herself and look at him again. “I…want to ask you…something Jong Kook Oppa…” she said.

          “What is it?...Just ask anything…”

          She bit her lower lip. “Meeting you is a dream come true…Loving you is what I destined to do…Being loved by you is a fantasy that I never imagined…You and I together with  Eun Joo and Joon is a happy ending like in every fairy tales story…” tears started to fall from her eyes. Jong Kook wipes it with his hands. Ji Hyo gets his hands and holds it. She looks at his eyes with all the love. “Stay by my side…I love you…always and forever…” she added brings out the ring from the pocket of her jacket. “This time…it’s my turn Oppa…Will…you…marry me?...” Ji Hyo finally asked him. She smiles so sweetly waiting for his reply.

          “Ne~…Of course I’ll marry you…” he replies. Ji Hyo puts the ring on his finger.

          “It’s a promise ring Op---…” Ji Hyo is about to say but Jong Kook kisses her lips. “I love you…I love you…I love you….just you….” He said then kisses her forehead. Jong Kook also gets the ring into his pocket and puts it into her finger.

          They smile to each other and look at each other eyes. Jong Kook slowly moves his head and kisses her again. He puts his hand into her nape and deepens his kiss. Ji Hyo responds to his kisses. He carries her still unbreaking their kiss. Under the beautiful night, they make love in the most sweetest and loving way.