Chapter 33

Mr. Eye Smile

Flashback     

2 years ago a week after Ji Hyo left…

          Eun Joo was sitting at the end of the slide. She was at the playground of her school. She still feels sad because of her pretty unnie. Her classmate walks towards her.

          “Eun Joo-yah why are you sad?...” the cute Min Ho asked.

          “My Appa said that Eomma gone somewhere far…and she won’t be coming back again…” she frowns.

          “My Eomma said to me…that my Appa went somewhere far too…but I know where he is…”

          “Where?...”

          Min Hoo points his finger to the sky. “Heaven…He won’t be coming back but Eomma said he will always look for us…”

          Eun Joo looks at the sky. “Eomma…” she utters.

End of Flashback

          Eun Joo looks at her Appa. Jong Kook understands now why Eun Joo told that to Ji Hyo. All she thought Ji Hyo was already in heaven.

          “Appa…Mianhe…” Eun Joo apologizes.

          “Araseo Eun Joo-yah…I understand you now…I’m sorry too for being angry earlier…” Jong Kook said to her.

          “But Appa…She’s Pretty Unnie right?...She wasn’t in heaven?...”

          Jong Kook nodded. “Ne my angel…It was her…”

          Eun Joo smiles as a sign of relief. “That’s good then Appa…She wasn’t in heaven at all…”

          Jong Kook smiles a bit looking at her daughter. “You really love your Pretty Unnie…” he said in his mind.

          “It’s already late my angel…You should sleep already…” he said and carries her and put her into bed. He kisses her forehead. “I love you…” he said.

          “I love you too Appa…Good Night…”

          Jong Kook went out of the room and sat on the sofa at the living room. Kyung Min was sitting towards him. “So what happen?...You’re making this scene…Ye Jin and I just surprise by you…” Kyung Min said.

          “Eun Joo saw Ji Hyo at the lobby…All this years she thought Ji Hyo was dead…That’s why I’m really clueless why she wan’t asking for her at all…She misinterpret my words…after I left Eun Joo to you I look for Ji Hyo…”

          “You saw her?...Then our deal is--…”

          “Ani~…You’re right…Business is business…and whatever happens she can’t be mine again…” Jong Kook said firmly. Kyung Min just looks at him. Jong Kook wakes up when he saw Ji Hyo with Sang Wook. He was so foolish to hope for smoething that will never ever happen.

          “We’re going to buy this hotel…Let’s go home tomorrow after finishing the deal…” Jong Kook said.

          “Okay…” Kyung Min replied.

          “Ah by the way can you drive Ye Jin and Hyun Woo with you…Eun Joo and I will be going see her…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook asked  the receptionist of the hotel about Ji Hyo’s address. At 8AM, Kyung Min with Ye Jin and Hyun Woo went back to Seoul. He didn’t tell Ye Jin anything about Ji Hyo.

          Jong Kook drives to Ji Hyo’s flower shop.

          “Appa…Are we going to Pretty Unnie?...” Eun Joo asked.

          “Ne~…We need to say sorry to her…because of what happen last night…”

          “Ne Appa~…I hope she wasn’t mad at me…”

          “Don’t worry she wasn’t my angel…” Jong Kook said and focuses on driving.

          After mintues they arrive to the flower shop, Eun Joo ws holding Jong Kook’s hand. They walk towards the door but Eun Joo felt nervous and stops from walking. “What’s wrong?...” he asked her. “What if she’s mad?...” Eun Joo said. “She won’t…You know Pretty Unnie loves you just how much you love her…” Jong Kook explains and smiles a bit. “Just greet her happily and hug her tightly…” he added. Eun Joo felt relieved and smiles. “Kaja Appa…” she said and they enter the flower shop.

          “Welcome…” Ji Hyo greets the expected customer.

          “Pretty Unnie~!…” Eun Joo said excitedly and runs to her then hugs her tightly. Ji Hyo was flustered but seeing Eun Joo wasn’t like how she was last night, she felt so happy. She hugs her tightly too. How much she miss this angel? Tears fall from her eyes and Jong Kook was just looking at them.

          “I’m really sorry Pretty Unnie…” Eun Joo apologized.

          “It’s okay Eun Joo-yah…”

          “You’re not mad?...”

          “No I’m not…” she said. Just then Joon wakes up fomr sleeping. He was at his crib. Ji Hyo gets him. “Who’s he?...” Eun Joo asked her. Ji Hyo didn’t even know how to response because Jong Kook was there. She felt so tense when he’s around. “She’s my baby Eun Joo-yah…” she replies. “He’s so cute…Annyong~…” Eun Joo smiles to Joon.

          Ji Hyo brings back Joon to his crib and Eun Joo plays with him. She walks towards the yellow roses and fix it.

          “We’re here to say sorry about what happen last night…” Jong Kook said then. Hearing his voice makes her heart skip. “It’s okay…” she said.

          “I also came here…to tell you…I’m glad you got what you wanted…You have a nice family…” Jong Kook smiles a bit. Ji Hyo was just looking at him. She doesn’t kow but hearing those words from him hurts her. “Family?...Did he thought Sang Wook Oppa is my husband?...” Ji Hyo thought.

          “Eun Joo-yah let’s go…” Jong Kook said. Eun Joo runs to him. She hugs Ji Hyo again and kisses her cheek. “Pretty Unnie…Bye bye…”she said and they went out. Ji Hyo felt a heavy feeling seeing them walk away. “I hate this feeling…I’m missing you both…so this it…it’s really goodbye…” she said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A week passed, Jong Kook was at his office doing his work when Go Ara came in. “Annyeong Oppa…” she said and smiles. “You’re here…” he smiles too. Jong Kook stands up and sits on the sofa same goes to Ara.

          “So why did you call Oppa?...” Ara said.

          “Can you go to Eun Joo’s school, pick her up and treat her to an ice cream?...”

          “Of course…That would be nice…I’m always doing that to her…”

          “I want you to ask her something Ara-yah…”

          “What is it Oppa?...”

          “I want to know what she thinks with Ye Jin…”

          “Oppa…Don’t tell me?...You’ll marry Ye Jin Unnie?...” Ara was flustered.

          “I’m thinking about it Ara-yah…for the kids…”

          Jong Kook thinks about it everyday after the last meeting with Ji Hyo. A real family is what his kids needed and he wants to give it to them.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Go Ara and Eun Joo was eating ice cream in a restaurant. “Unnie you’re the best~!...” Eun Joo said. Ara smiles and pats her head. Eun joo started eating her ice cream.

          “Eun Joo-yah…What do you think of your Appa and Auntie Ye Jin?...” Ara starts to do her mission.

          “Hmmm…They’re good friends…”

          “Auntie Ye Jin was kind? Right?...”

          Eun Joo nodded.

          “Then what do think if your Appa marries Auntie Ye Jin?...” Ara nervously asked. She doesn’t know how Eun Joo will react. Jong Kook explains to her everything that makes him think to marry Ye Jin. Ara knows already that Ji Hyo had a family already.

          “Hmmmm…If Appa will be happy…I’m okay with it…”

          Ara smiles a bit and pats her head. “You’re really an angel…Aigooooo…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Weekend, Kyung Min, Jang Hyuk and Jong Kook went out to catch fish. They already set up everything. They were sittingin their own chairs while waitng for the fish ti be caught. “How refreshing…It’s been so long since we did this…” Kyung Min said.

          “It feels like the old times…” Jong Kook said.

          “And we’re getting old…” Jang Hyuk said.

          “Just go marry Jang Hyuk-ah…” Jong Kook said to him.

          Jang Hyuk smiles but deep inside of him, he felt so sorry to Jong Kook. He didn’t know how to say everything to him. He wasn’t scared if he’ll get beaten by him. But the hurt that will he’ll feel that’s what he’s thinking.

          6PM, they cook the fish they caught for dinner. They started eating and afterwards they started to drink soju.

          Jong Kook drinks his soju then said. “I’ll marry Ye Jin…”

          Kyung Min and Jang Hyuk were left dumbfounded. They can’t believe what they heard from him.  “I know you can’t believe it…but I already think about it…it’s the best thing to do…” Jong Kook added.

          “So it’s just the best thing to do?...It was just like that?...” Jang Hyuk said with an irritated tone then stands up. Kyung Min looks at him.

          “For the kids…A real family…” Jong Kook said.

          “You’re crazy…” Jang Hyuk said.

          “But what’s wrong?...I know I don’t love Ye Jin yet…but---…” Jong Kook didn’t finish.

          “BUT WHAT?!...Look Jong Kook-ah…Ye Jin doesn’t need your pity…what she needs was your love…just that…” Jang Hyuk shouts.

          “Jang Hyuk-ah…Stop it…” Kyung Min said.

          Jong Kook felt angry too because of what Jang Hyuk said. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU REALLY?!...” he stands up too.

          Jang Hyuk looks straight to Jong Kook’s eyes. “I love that woman…and….” Kyung Min gave him a look that ‘don’t tell him’.

          “And…I’m Hyun Woo’s Father…It’s not you it’s me…” Jang Hyuk said it finally.

          Jong Kook felt a bomb into his heart. His mind can’t think straight. He can’t even believe what he’s saying. Kyung Min can’t even talk too. Jong Kook gets his senses and grabs Jang Hyuks collar. His jaw tightens, he was so mad. “You crazy bastard!...Don’t make fun of me now!...” he said angrily.  

          Jang Hyuk just stares at him. “But I’m saying the truth…You can do a DNA test if you want…I’m serious…I’m his real Father…”

          Jong Kook felt that sincerity from his words. He lifts his hand to punch Jang Hyuk but he didn’t do it. “You…crazy bastard…” Jong Kook said and walks towards the river and fall from his knees.

          “AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH….” he shouts and tears started to fall from his eyes. He felt so betrayed. He was so hurt. He felt he was going to explode.

          Jang Hyuk powerless sits on the ground. He felt so sorry. He should just punch him. Tears also fall from his eyes. Kyung Min felt so sad for his friends but all he can do in that moment was look.

          “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH….” Jong Kook keeps on shouting and crying. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt so sad too... :'( 
How was it? 
Sorry for errors and Thank you for waiting...
Our poor Kookie Oppa... >///<