Chapter 30

Mr. Eye Smile

           Ji Hyo find her words at first then she response to Sang Wook. “I’m fine Oppa…”

          “Really?...You should be careful…” he said to her checking if she’s hurt. Jong Kook was just staring at them, confuse and hurt. The little baby boy was looking at him and he can’t help but also stare at him. He was so cute. He’s more alike to Ji Hyo.

          “I’m sorry again…” Jong Kook said looking at Ji Hyo. How he long for this woman? And now she was right in front of him but he can’t reach her at all.

          “It’s okay…Let’s go Oppa…” Ji Hyo holds Sang Wook’s arm and they walk away.

          Jong Kook was just looking at them. “I already realize this will happen one day…I ready myself for it but it’s still the same…It hurts so much…I still want to be the one for you…and it’s a crazy thing because now you already have your own family…a family that is fully yours…Years passed already Ji Hyo-yah…but I still love you…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          9PM, Jong Kook arrived at Seoul but he didn’t went straight home. He pushes the doorbell button and Kyung Min opens for him. “I brought some beers…” Jong Kook said and raises the plastic bag containing the beers he bought. He went in and sat at the sofa. Kyung Min went to his kitchen and gets some food.

          “What brings you here?... I thought you went to Pohang…” Kyung Min said and sat towards him. Jong Kook opened the canned beer and drinks it.

          “I just came from Pohang…” he replies.

          “Ohh…Come on Jong Kook-ah…you won’t be here like this if there is nothing wrong with you…so what happen to Pohang?...Does the hotel didn’t pass your standards?...” Kyung Min asked. He knows his friend very well.

          “It’s not about the hotel…there is nothing wrong with that…We already had our deal…”

          “Then what is it?...”

          Jong Kook sighs. “I saw her for the first time after 2 years…” Jong Kook said with sadness in his voice. “She was still the same…Her blank expression…was still there…” he smiles bitterly. “Then she acts like she doesn’t know me at all…but I know why…because she’s with her husband and son…” Tears started to fall from his eyes.

          Kyung Min felt sad to Jong Kook. He pats his shoulder. He can’t say anything at all. The fact that Jong Kook loves Ji Hyo didn’t change at all.

          “I should be happy with her right?...but what should I do Kyung Min-ah?...It kills me inside…I feel like I’m being torn apart in pieces…2 years…still I can’t forget her…It was still her all this time…”

          “Jong Kook-ah…I know it’s really hard for you to forget her…but like what you said back then…you’re not just really meant to be with each other…If she have her own life now…just be happy for her…and go on with your life…you have Eun Joo and Hyun Woo…and also Ye Jin…” Kyung Min said.

          “I can’t force myself to love someone else Kyung Min-ah…if I can…I did it already….She was just a friend…nothing more…”

          “You’re hurt…and I understand it…but Jong Kook-ah…You should accept reality…even it kills you…because with that you will be able to move on…”

          Jong Kook didn’t response to him but he knows Kyung Min was right. He needs to move on that finally now he knows she was happy with someone else. He drinks his beer hoping that with every sip his feelings might disappear.   

~~~~~~~~~~

          12AM, Jong Kook went home, drunk. He sat at the sofa in the living room. He had too much drink. “You’re here…” Ye Jin said and sit besides him. She found out that he was drunk. His face was down and covering by his hands. “Oppa…” Ye Jin call him. He didn’t response. “Oppa…” she repeated.

          Jong Kook lifts his head and looks at her. But all he can see was Ji Hyo. Because of being drunk he thought Ye Jin was Ji Hyo.

          “Are you okay?...” Ye Jin asked.

          Jong Kook shakes his head. “I’m not okay…” he said.

          “But why Oppa?...Did something happen?...” Ye Jin said.

          Jong Kook smiles with sadness in his eyes and he lays his head to her shoulder. “Pogoshippo…Ji Hyo-yah…” he said and closes his eyes then finally fallen asleep.

          Ye Jin smiles bitterly. “When will it be me for you Oppa?...How long should I wait?...” she said. Jong Kook treated her well but not like the way she wanted. They were living in one house, always seeing each other but she was still a friend to him, even years passed nothing has change. He was such a caring and lovable father to Eun Joo and Hyun Woo. She can’t hope for more but inside her she was still hoping that one day this man will look at her.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Sang Wook and Ji Hyo went home. He went straight to the room and lay Joon on the crib. He kissed his forehead and went out. “Thank you Oppa…” Ji Hyo said to him.

          “It’s nothing Ji Hyo-yah…then I’ll be going home…” Sang Wook said to her and leave. She closes the door and took a deep sigh then went to the room. She looks at Joon and tears fall from her eyes.

          “I’m sorry…” she utters.

          Flasback

          1 month after Ji Hyo left Seoul…

          She wakes up that morning with a heavy feeling. She felt so dizzy. Ji Hyo gets up quickly when she felt that she’ll going to throw up. She runs to the toilet and vomits.

          She felt a bit relieved after that.

          “Did I ate something bad last night?...” she asked herself. She thinks but nothings come to her mind. She went out from the toilet and walks to look at the calendar. She started counting from the last day she had her period.

          She was dumbfounded but she knows what she’s thinking was right.

          “Am I pregnant?...” she thought.

          *5 months after…*

          Haha arrives at Pohang and went to a restaurant where Ji Hyo said to meet her. After months, he was glad that finally Ji Hyo contacts them. She was just writing to her Aunti and Joong Ki but she never told where she is exactly.

          He sat at one of the vacant tables. Just then the door opens, Ji Hyo came in. “Oppa…” Ji Hyo calls him and waves her hand. She was smiling. Haha was left blank. Ji Hyo was pregnant. How could that be?

          Ji Hyo sat towards him. “I miss you Oppa…it’s been months…” she smiles.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” he just said.He was shock.

          “Ne Oppa…”

          “Have you gotten married?...”

          She shakes her head.

          “Then who?...” Haha asked. Ji Hyo wasn’t responding at all. “Jong Kook Hyung…right?...” Haha said. Ji Hyo looks at his eyes.

          “Ne~…Jong Kook Oppa was his Appa…” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyong ^^ I'm sorry. It took me so long to be able to write again. 
I'm just busy that's why.
Thanks for reading...
^~^