Chapter 36

Mr. Eye Smile

Flashback (Kyung Min at Pohang)

          Kyung Min finishes checking the Hotel and he decided to visit Ji Hyo. He drives his car into her flower shop but its close. He walks to the next shop and asks.

          “Ahjumma…Do you know where Song Ji Hyo-ssi’s house?...” Kyung Min asked.

          “Just straight ahead then turn left to the fourth street…there’s an apartment there…She was living there…”

          “Thank you Ahjumma…”

          He drives his car to the direction given to him. He arrives and alights from his car. He wasn’t sure if that’s the apartment the Ahjumma is telling. He saw a woman towards the apartment. She is sprinling water to the plants.

          “Excuse me Ahjumma…”

          “Ne~?...”

          “Do you know where Song Ji Hyo lives?...”

          The woman pointed at the third door of the apartment. “She lives there…but she’s not there…Isaw her leave earlier…”

          Kyung Min thought of the gift he bought for her. He bought some food and toys for her baby. “Ahhh…Is she with her husband too?...”  He’s thinking if her husband was there he would just leave it to him.

          “Oh~ Are you referring to Sang Wook?...”

          Kyung Min just nodded. The woman looks surprise when he said husband and he felt clueless. 

          “Aigooo…You also taught they were married right?...You were not the one…We all want them to be together too…”

          “Do you mean they were not married?...”

          “Ne~…They’re just friends…They were like a siblings…”

          Kyung Min is schock and also he keeps asking himself. Who is Joon’s Appa then?

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Think about it…Who could be his Appa?...” Kyung Min said. “Do you think he met someone else?...” he added.

          “I don’t know Kyung Min-ah…and I don’t care anymore…” Jong Kook said that makes Kyung Min flustered. “What?...Are you serious?...You will still go knowing that…Jong Kook-ah…What’s wrong with you?...”

          Jong Kook didn’t say a thing. “I don’t know anymore Kyung Min –ah…Knowing that…I’m full of questions…Why did she leave me?...She said she doesn’t want to be with someone who isn’t right for her…but she’s still single until now…and she have Joon…Yes, I’m curious if I’m really the Appa of Joon…if it’s really me…then why did she hid it from me? Why?...” Jong Kook said his mind.

          “Yah~…What’s wrong with you?...Is it hard for you to accept her now because she have her son?...You have Eun Joo too but it’s okay with her…”

          “It’s not that...Let’s just stop talking about her…”

          “Jong Kook-ah…”

          “Please…”

          Kyung Min stops. He knows something is bothering him but he soesn’t want to talk about it.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Pohang…*

          Joong Ki is playing with Joon. The little one keeps on smiling. He really likes his uncle. “Waaa…You’re so cute Joon-ah…You really looks like me…Right Noona??..” Joong Ki said. Ji Hyo smiles at him. “Aiggoooo…Araseo he looks like you…” she said. Ji Hyo is cooking their dinner. Joong Ki arrives morning and decided to spend the night to her apartment.

          Joon’s fell asleep and the two starts to eat.

          “How’s Sang Wook Hyung?...I haven’t seen him all day…” Joong Ki asked. Sang Wook always go and sees him when he’s around.  

          “He’s busy these days…He opens another shop…”

          “Hyung is really hard working…Aigooo go tell him to find someone and get married immediately…”

          “I will surely tell him that…”

          “By the way Noona…” Joong Ki’s became serious suddenly.

          “Oh? What is it?...Is there something wrong?...”

          “I thought about this all over again but I just always came up that I really should tell you about it…” he stops and looks at her eyes. “Go Ara told me something…it’s about Jong Kook Hyung…” he added. Go Ara and him were now official couple.

          Ji Hyo tried to keep her excitement by hearing his name. “What is it about him?...” she asked. “Is she getting married?...” she asked in her mind.

          “Noona…Jong Kook Hyung… is not the Appa of Ye Jin’s son…”

          Ji Hyo can’t even say a thing. She is left awed. She can’t even process what Joong Ki’s saying. Her heart sunk hearing it.

          “Th-en who is it?...”

          “It’s Jang Hyuk Hyung…Look Noona…you two were really meant for each other…You have Joon too…Ara told me not to tell you anything about this because they all knew that you have your family now…that you are already married to Sang Wook Hyung…but that’s not the truth…I told you this because…if Jong Kook Hyung came to you…Please Noona don’t push him away…You two deserves to be happy…”

          Ji Hyo didn’t know if she is really hearing the right thing. Her heart keeps on beating like crazy. Her emotions were crumbled. She doesn’t know if she is happy or not.

          “That was ‘If’ he’ll come…but I don’t think he’ll come back to me again Joong Ki-yah…” she said sadly. Her heart feels so empty. She doesn’t want to hope.

          “Noona…Why are you saying that?...You know he loves you so much…”

          “And I hurt him that much…”

          “Years passed…I do still love him…He’ll come back…words that I don’t want to spit from my mouth…because I’m just afraid…afraid that the more that I will hope for him…that’s much more of hurt that I’ll feel if it will not happen…” Ji Hyo said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          11PM, Jong Kook is at his veranda, drinking some wine. Thoughts keep on coming in his head. He’s full o fwhat ifs. “Should we not go Ji Hyo-yah?...Do I still have a space in your heart?...” he said.

          Just then his phone beeps.

          Voicemail Received…

          He opens and listens to it. It was from Ye Jin.

          “Oppa…Sorry we’re not able to say are goodbyes…We’re going to Paris to start a new…” she said the pause for a moment. “I’m…I’m really really realy sorry Oppa…In time I know you’ll be able to forgive me…and I’m really thankful to you Oppa for granting what I’ve dream of…It was really such a wonderful dream…us being a family…I’ll treasure that as a wonderful memory…I’m awake from a long sleep Oppa…” her tears fall and she sniffs. “I’ve done something that will make you hate me so much…but I need to tell you this…2 years ago I told Ji Hyo to stay away from you because we have child…That’s the reason she left you…I’m really sorry…”

          Jong Kook felt a thug in his heart.

          “I can’t say anything else other than I’m sorry Oppa…I’m so sorry…” she wipes her tears. “Goodbye Oppa…I will always pray for your happiness…” she added.

          The voicemail ended. Tears fall from his eyes. His keeps on beating like crazy.

          “Is this the reason Ji Hyo-yah?...You never really wanted to leave me…I’m right?...We still love each other…Now I’m sure of everything…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Kyung Min came to Jong Kook house in the morning. “Good Morning Brother…” he greeted him. Jong Kook takes away his apron. “I’m done cooking…I’m going…Take good care of Eun Joo…” Jong Kook said. He grabs his jacket and about leave. “Yah~…What are you saying?...So your not leaving anymore?...”

          “Ne~…I already talk to you Eun Joo…I told her…” Jong Kook turns to Kyung Min and smiles. “I will bring back her Eomma…”

          Kyung Min understands what he was saying. “Make sure to bring her back…Goodluck my friend…”

          Jong Kook leaves and drives to Pohang.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Joong Ki is still at Pohang. He’s taking care of Joon when his handphone rings. “Oh Ara-yah…” he said on the other line. “How are you there Oppa?...” Ara said. “I’m fine…Next time I’ll make sure to bring you here…Joon is really cute…How about you?...Have you eaten?...” he said.

          “Not yet…I’m at airport…”

          “Why are you there?...Are you going somewhere?...”

          “Ani Oppa…I said my goodbye to Jong Kook Oppa and Eun Joo….”    

          “Jong Kook Hyung…” Joong Ki utters and Ji Hyo hears it.

          “Ne~…They migrated to LA…You know many things had happen that’s why he decided to start a new life…I’m going back home Oppa…Take care there…” Ara said and hangs up.

          Joong Ki is blank. He feels sorry for her Noona. Ji Hyo sits beside Joong Ki with the apples she slices. She looks at him. She wants to asks but she’s fighting the urge to. Joong Ki meets her eyes.

          “Noona…I know you want to ask…” he stares at her seriously. “Jong Kook Hyung and Eun Joo…left Korea…and they will not be coming back anymore…”

          Her heart tightens. She controls herself. She won’t cry.

          “Rea-lly?...” she just said.

          “Noona…”

          “I’ll ju--st go out--side…” she said and leaves.

          Ji Hyo walks away and went to seaside. She stares at the sea and tears falls from her eyes. It hurts her so much. She isn’t hoping but at the back of her mind she always want him back.

          She keeps on crying.

          “Why are you crying?...” Jong Kook said looking at her. He is few meters away from her. Ji Hyo can’t believe he is there.

          “Why…are…you here?...Joong Ki to-ld me you already lef—t…” she said with her tears still falling.

          “Is that the reason why you’re crying?...”

          Ji Hyo didn’t response. Her heart is beating so fast.

          “Why did you lie to me Ji Hyo-yah?...Why did you leave me?...I have so many why’s to ask you…but there’s just one things I really want to know…” Jong Kook steps forward. They were now 1 meter away from each other.

          He stares at her eyes. “Do you …still love me?..” he asked.

          Ji Hyo’s looking at hime too. Then she nods her head. Jong Kook smiles. He moves closer to her. He holds her faces with his two hands. He moves his head and kisses her forehead, then to her eyes with her tears. He put his forehead to hers. Their noses were also together. Their eyes were close.

          “Saranghae…” Jong Kook said sweetly.

          Ji Hyo smiles and utters. “I awalys love you…and I will never stop loving you…”

          Jong Kook bridges the gap and slowly kisses her lips. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for wating...I'm for late update...
How was it??? 
I'm trying my best to update even though I'm busy...
Thank you for supporting my story...
Readers Saranghae ^___^