Chapter 12

Mr. Eye Smile

          Jong Kook buries his face into his hands while sitting at his bed. 15 minutes has gone already. He keeps on thinking but he wanted to talk to her. But he really wants what had happened. He really wants to kiss her. He’s in love with this woman and yet he did something bull. He let the soul of his past stops him and what more worries him is that, he abuse the weakness of her. For goodness sake she was sober. “How fool I am to kiss her like that…She’ll hate me for sure…” Jong Kook thought.

          He stands up and went to Ji Hyo’s room. He knocks to her door but no one answered. “I’m going in…” he said and turns the door knob but she’s not there. He checks the restroom but also none. He went to Eun Joo’s room and still she wasn’t there. He looks at the clock and it was already 1:00AM. He got nervous. “Where is she?...It’s already late…” Jong Kook thought.

          He can’t leave Eun Joo alone. He wants to find her. He dialed her number into his handphone. It keeps on ringing but she didn’t answer. He keeps on calling her but still she wasn’t answering. He sat at the sofa in the living room as time passes. He called her again but this time she answered.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said with concern in his voice.

          “She was already sleeping…” a voice of a man said.

          “Who is this?...Where is she?...”

          “It’s me Haha…She was home and resting…”

          “Is that so…”

          “Then…” Haha said and hangs up.

          He was left blank. He wants to ask him questions. Like ‘Why is she’s with him?’ ‘Why he has her handphone?’ ‘Why did he answer it? Is she’s sleeping beside him?’  He was full of whys, guilt and jealous.

          Haha hangs up and looks at her who is sitting beside him. “He was looking for you…” Haha said to Ji Hyo. “I won’t ask what really happen Ji Hyo-yah…but I don’t think you should still live with them…You can’t bear it…You’re already hurt…Stop being a fool…” Haha added.

 

          Ji Hyo smiles bitterly and looks at him. “Thank you Oppa…for always listening and understanding…I have made up my mind…You’re right I shouldn’t live there…Tomorrow I’ll go there to get my things…It’s only 1 week left he’ll approve for sure…” she said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Jong Kook accompanied Eun Joo to her school and went home. He can’t go to work because Ji Hyo wasn’t back yet. He wants to talk to her. He wants to clear things up. He enters his house and goes upstairs then Ji Hyo gets out to her room with her luggage. He stares at her.

          “It’s good you’re here…I know we--…I mean me and Kyung Min Oppa have an agreement for 3 months…and it was only 1 week left…I’ll go home…Don’t worry I’ll fetch Eun Joo and if you’ll approve I’ll just take care of her in my place and I’ll bring her back here when you arrive from work…” she explains.

          “If this is because of what happen last night…I’m really sorry…I didn’t mean to--…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo try to covers her emotion. It hurts her when he’s saying sorry and he didn’t mean to. “No don’t worry it’s not about that…We’re drunk that why it happens…My Auntie needs me at home lately she doesn’t feel well…I hope you understand…” she said.

 

          Jong Kook wants to say that he really want to do it. That he wasn’t drunk at all, liquor gives him courage to do it. “If that’s what you want…” he just said. He feels numb. He wants to stop her but he can’t.

          “Then…thank you for everything…” Ji Hyo said and walks away.

~~~~~~~~~

          3 days passed, the plan goes smoothly. Ji Hyo fetches Eun Joo in her school and she takes care of her in the flower shop. Sometimes, Eun Joo was in the RM Restaurant. The Oppa’s there was really fond of her.

          Afternoon, Ji Hyo driving her truck went to Eun Joo’s school to fetch her. She came inside and sees Eun Joo sitting at the bench in the playground. She looks so sad. Ji Hyo walks towards her and knelt down to face her. “Hey pretty angel…” she smiles at her. Eun Joo looks at her but still frowns.

          “Is there a problem?...Did something happen in your school?...” she asked. Eun Joo shakes her head. “Come on…tell pretty unnie…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Appa has changed …Appa always drinks at night…Appa even gets angry to me….Pretty Unnie what happen to my Appa?...I don’t want him to became the old him…” Eun Joo said.

          Ji Hyo was flustered and feels annoyed. What’s happening to him?

          “Maybe Appa has a problem Eun Joo-yah…Don’t worry you’re Appa will not change…”

          Night, Ji Hyo prepares to bring Eun Joo back to Jong Kook but then Kyung Min arrives at their house to fetch Eun Joo. Ji Hyo didn’t ask a question to him. She thought that maybe Jong Kook asked him to fetch her.

          The next day, Kyung Min also fetches Eun Joo and Ji Hyo noticed that Eun Joo was really sad and not energetic while she was with her. Eun Joo rides to Kyung Min’s car and before Kyung Min rides to his car Ji Hyo asked him. “What’s wrong?..Did something happen?...”

          Kyung Min seriously looks at her. “I won’t keep it to you Ji Hyo-yah…Actually Eun Joo was sleeping in my house...and also I’m the one who’s accompanying her into school every morning…”

          “Why?...What happen to Jong Kook Oppa?...”

          “I can’t leave Eun Joo to him…He was drunk everyday…and when I went to their house…He was shouting at Eun Joo…I don’t know what happen to him…but Eun Joo was so scared…He became a monster again…Tell me…did something happen between the both you?...Why did you leave when the contract is still not over?...” Kyung Min said.

          Ji Hyo kept silent and didn’t respond.

          “Okay…I won’t push you to tell me…then…we’ll be going…” Kyung Min said and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook was drinking liquor. He feels empty and alone. He stares at himself at the mirror. The bruise in his left eye and corner of his lips was still there. He went out last night and went to bar and worst he have a fight with a group of men.

          He felt worse. He missed her so badly. He wants to see her. How can simple things be so hard for him? “Eun Hye-yah…What should I do?...Can I really open myself and be true to her?...Can I have the courage?...Should I?...I’m hurt when she leaves…I’m afraid to be alone again…I’ve been happy since she came…and having this feeling towards her it makes me more scared that I’ll be just lonely again…” Jong Kook thought.

          He went down to the living room and gets another bottle of liquor and sits at veranda. He keeps on drinking and thinking when someone shouts at him.

          “What do you think you’re doing?!!...” Ji Hyo shouted at him. He turns and looks at her.

          Jong Kook smirks at her. “So you’re here…” he said coldly.

          Ji Hyo heart tightens. She misses this man in front of him. “What happen to you?...” she asked worriedly when she noticed that he has bruises in his face.

          “It’s nothing…” he said and drinks another glass of liquor.

          “What’s wrong with you? I thought you will be the best Father to Eun Joo…then what are you doing?...Eun Joo was so sad and worried about you…” she said.

          Jong Kook stares at her. “Because you leave…” he said in his mind. “It’s none of your business…” he said with a cold voice and turns his back to her.

          “You promised her…Please don’t let her down…Don’t do this to yourself especially to her…” she said.

          Jong Kook turns and glares at her. “Tell me…What the hell you care?! Stay out of our life! Just get lost…” he shouted at her.

          Ji Hyo paused and looks at him. He was angry. She was really hurt to hear those words coming from him.

          “I care because…I…I love you...I’m such a fool because I’m in love with someone like you!…” Ji Hyo shouted.