Chapter 9

Mr. Eye Smile

           Ji Hyo was shocked and right away looks at Jong Kook. “Are you okay?...” she asked worriedly. Jong Kook was suffering from pain and Ji Hyo was about to cry. Tears are already forming in her eyes. Jong Kook looks at her. “I’-m fin-e…Don’t wo-rry…” he said but it really hurts. Just then Jang Hyuk and Eun Joo came.

          “Appa~…” Eun Joo calls him. He was still sitting and he can’t stand alone.

          “What happen Jong Kook-ah?...Are you okay?...” Jang Hyuk asked and helps him stand.

          “I’m ok-ay…Let’s just go ho-me…” Jong Kook said.

          “Can we go to the hospital?...He needs to…He saves me and his back hits the rock…”

          “No I won’t go…I said I’m okay…” Jong Kook firmly said.

          Ji Hyo was really worried for him. He can’t even walk alone. Jang Hyuk was just supporting him. Jang Hyuk drives his car and they went home. As they arrive home, Jang Hyuk helps him to go upstairs and lays him in his bed. Ji Hyo and Eun Joo were just downstairs. Ji Hyo sat on the sofa and bites her nails. Her heart keeps on beating like crazy. She was worriedly sick.

          “I don’t think you’re okay Jong Kook-ah…I’ll call a Doctor…” Jang Hyuk said.

          “Just pretend I’m okay…Ji Hyo-ssi doesn’t look so well…I think she’s blaming herself…If she asks me…Just say I’m resting and I’m fine…”

          “Now you’re worrying about her…Araseo…” Jang Hyuk said and goes downstairs.

          As soon as Ji Hyo sees him going down, she stands up and walks towards him. “How is he?...”

          “He’s fine…Don’t worry…That man was like Iron Man…”

          “Are you sure?...But I think he doesn’t look okay…He needs to go to hospital…”

          “He can’t go…”

          “Can’t?...What do you mean?...”

          “After Eun Hye died at the hospital 5 years ago…He never went to any hospital…He hates going to it…”

          “But…”

          “Don’t worry…I’ll call his private Doctor…He’ll be here later…Then I’ll be going…I still have a jetlag…I already informed Kyung Min and he’s on his way…”         

~~~~~~~~~~

          5:00PM, Ji Hyo let Eun Joo take a nap. Then Kyung Min with the Doctor arrives and they came into Jong Kook’s room. Ji Hyo was walking back and forth in front of his room waiting for them to go out.

          The Doctor checks his back. He has a big bruise on his back. “You’re lucky that your didn’t have any fracture…The force as you hit the rock makes it a bit swollen…I’ll give you a medicine for the pain…and you also need to hot compressed it…” the Doctor said.

          “Thank you Doc…” Jong Kook said.

          The Doctor will already leave and Kyung Min assists him out. Ji Hyo knocks to the door. “Come in…” Jong Kook said.

          “Ho-w are you Jong Kook-ssi?...What did the Doctor say?...” Ji Hyo asked with her worried face.

          “There is nothing to worry about…It’s just a bruise…In just days I’ll be okay…” he said.

          “I’m re-ally sor-ry…becau-se of me this wouldn’t happen…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Ji Hyo-ssi…It’s not your fault…It’s an accident…Don’t blame yourself…Araseo?...”

          Ji Hyo just nodded. “Thank you…for saving me…”

          “Ani~…Thank you…for saving my life 5 years ago…I’m really thankful you saved me back then…I’m taking back my words…I’m sorry about what I said back then…You’re my savior…” Jong Kook smiles to her. “Can I call you informally?...” he added. Ji Hyo nodded. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said. Hearing that her heart thumps. “Now it’s more comfortable…” he smiles again. “You can call me…Oppa if you don’t mind…” he said.

          Ji Hyo doubts the idea. “I don’t think I should…You’re my boss…”

          “It’s okay…Just try it…”

          “O~…O--…Op-pa…Ki-m Jon-g Kook Op-pa…” she stutters.

          “Now I feel better…” Jong Kook said and smiles to her.

          “What are you doing? This would make me fall for you more…How can I escape this?...Stop acting kind…Can you just come back to the old Kim Jong Kook?...My heart is about to explode upon seeing you…I’m in trouble…” Ji Hyo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Jong Kook didn’t go to office and still resting. Ji Hyo accompanied Eun Joo to her school and went back to the house. She prepares breakfast for him but he’s still sleeping. He was lying with his stomach under because it hurts when he lays his back.

          She enters with the basin and towel in her hands. He was shirtless and the big bruise in his back looks really painful. Her heart aches seeing it. She changes the towel on his back. It’s his hot compressed treatment like what the Doctor said. He groans when the towel touches his back but he didn’t wake up.

          Lunch time, Ji Hyo cooks and went upstairs so that Jong Kook will eat. She enters his room and he was awake.

          “You should eat so you can take your medicine…” she said.

          “But could you help me I can’t lift myself alone…” he said.

          Ji Hyo puts down the tray of food and assists him. She holds his arm but Jong Kook’s weight is greater so Ji Hyo falls to him. Their face was inches away from each other. The moment stops for them as they look at each other.

          But just then Kyung Min arrives. He picks up Eun Joo from her school.

          “Omo~ I didn’t see anything…” Kyung Min said with excites in his voice then turns his back to stop Eun Joo from entering the room. As they heard Kyung Min, Ji Hyo immediately stands and puts the tray to him. “I’m so-r-ry…” she said and went out the room.

          Ji Hyo went down and prepares the table for them. As they were eating, Kyung Min is always glanced at her with a smile. After they eat, Eun Joo right away goes to Jong Kook’s room while Ji Hyo washes the dishes.

          “Did you perhaps like Jong Kook?...” Kyung Min said then.

          Ji Hyo was flustered by his question but she didn’t let her guard down. “No I don’t…I was trying to help him earlier then I fall to him…That’s when you see us…”

          Kyung Min smiles. “Now I see…”

          “You’re both too obvious with your feelings…Aigooooo...Tsktsk…” Kyung Min thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          The next day, 11:00PM, after Eun Joo sleeps, Ji Hyo went into his room to change the towel. She changes it but Jong Kook keeps on groaning. She looks at him and he has cold sweats. Ji Hyo puts her hand into his forehead. “You have a fever…” she said.

          She went into the kitchen to get a basin and towel with coldwater. She removes the hot towel from his back and turns him around. She gets a t-shirt and wears it to him. Jong Kook got a fever because of the pain killers.

          Ji Hyo didn’t leave him. She sat beside him and falls asleep. Then he groans again, Ji Hyo wakes up and looks at him. His eyes were still closed.

          “Eun Hye-yah…” he said with husky voice.

          Ji Hyo’s heart sank. Her heart hurts. “It was still her…I knew it from the beginning…but I still let myself fall in love with you…It hurts a lot…” Ji Hyo thought.

          She stands up and will walk away but Jong Kook grabs her hand.

          “Kajima…Ji Hyo-yah…I need you here with me…”