Chapter 28

Mr. Eye Smile

          “Ani~…that won’t do…you’re trying to ruin me…right?...” Jong Kook said with nervousness.

          “Are you insane?!...It’s your son…Why would I lie about that?!...” Ye Jin shouted at him. “You know I didn’t do this on my own…You do remember that night…He’s two years old now…” she added.

          “Why now Ye Jin-ah?...It’s been 2 years…You should come to me…You should told me everything…”

          “Because I’m afraid…you’re fragile and emotional because of Eun Hye…How would I know you will accept us?...You also said it’s just a one night stand…just a one night stand…” Ye Jin said with her tears flowing from her eyes. Seeing her cry, Jong Kook looks at the little boy. His eyes were like Ye Jin’s but as the child smile, it was like him.

          “If that’s the case…I’ll be a Father to him…I will give everything that he needed…” Jong Kook said.

          “I don’t need your money Oppa…We need a family…I don’t want my son to be like me…an orphan who doesn’t have a family of his own…” Ye Jin said firmly.

          Jong Kook stops what Ye Jin wanted scares him.

          “That’s impossible Ye Jin-ah…You know I can’t give you the family you wanted…I’m marrying Ji Hyo…you know that…”

          “Nappeunnom(Crazy bastard)~!...” Ye Jin shouted angrily at him. She carries the little boy and walks to the door. She looks back at him. “He’s name was Hyun Woo…” she said then leaves. (Think of the baby version of Actor Lee Hyun Woo…That’s what the baby looks like… ^~^)

          Jong Kook was so confuse. It shocked him. Days left before their wedding. He went upstairs and goes to Eun Joo’s room expecting Ji Hyo was there. “Ji Hyo-yah…” he calls but she wasn’t there. He gets his handphone from his room and calls her. “The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area…Please try your call later…” the voicemail said.

          “Where is she?...” he asked himself.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Evening, all day Jong Kook can’t contact Ji Hyo and he decided to go to their house leaving Eun Joo with Ahjumma’s care. He stops his car and walk towards the door then knocks. Joong Ki opens it but he looks unwell.

          “Hyung…” Joong Ki said with worried face.

          Jong Kook enters the house. “Is your Noona around?...I can’t reach her all day…” he said.

          “Hyung…Noona…” Joong Ki fins it hard to say to him. He himself can’t even believe what’s happening. “Noo-na…disappears…” he finally said.

          “Wha-t do you mean Joong Ki-yah?...Is something bad happen to her?...” Jong Kook was flustered.

          “We don’t even know…Noona said she’ll go to you yesterday…and when Auntie woke up she found this letter…and her clothes were also gone…” Joong Ki said and handed him the letter.

          Auntie and Joong Ki

                   I’m very sorry…I’m leaving…I don’t think I can marry him…I will be fine so please don’t look for me…Please take good care of yourself…

                                                                                                                                                                          Song Ji Hyo

          “Aniya~ Why would she wri-te some-thing li-ke this?...No she won’t do this to me…” Jong Kook utters. He gave back the letter with his hand trembling. “That’s a lie Joong Ki-yah…She can’t do this to m-e…” Jong Kook said and walks away.

          “Hyung…Hyung…” Joong Ki calls him but Jong Kook get in to his car and drives away.

          His Auntie arrives just then, she witnesses how Jong Kook looks devastated. They were inside their house. “Auntie…It’s hard to lie to him…He was a really wonderful person…” Joong Ki said to her. “But we must do this…like what Ji Hyo wanted…” his Auntie said then opens the other letter Ji Hyo left.

          Auntie and Joong Ki

                   First is that I’m asking for your forgiveness, I will leave some place where no one knows me, place where I could start again. For the sake of his son with Ye Jin, I will leave him for good. I’m not angry to him because it happens before I knew him and he doesn’t even know. He was a wonderful person and you know that. But that little child, he was too young to experience a lonely and incomplete life. Jong Kook Oppa needs to be with him, a complete family.

          I know you understand me. Someday I’ll inform you where I am. Its better that no one knows where I am because I know he will insists to look for me. I’m asking for you support. I’m so sorry that I have to leave you both…I love you…

                                                                                                                                                                       Song Ji Hyo

“Why do things like this happens?...They both love each other…” Joong Ki said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          10PM, Jong Kook looks every place where Ji Hyo can be but he can’t find her. At first, he doesn’t want to believe what Joong Ki was saying. They made love last night how can she leave like that. He was sitting on a bench at Han River Park. He puts his hands to his face. He was so devastated. His dreams where shattered in just a day.

          “Don’t tell me she knows about Ye Jin and I…but how come?...” Jong Kook thought.

          He wants to know the truth. He drove his car to Ye Jin’s house. As Ye Jin opens the door, he came in. “Does Ji Hyo know about us?...” Jong Kook asked her. Ye Jin didn’t respond. “I’m asking you…Did you tell her?!!...” he shouted.

          “Don’t shout…Hyun Woo is already sleeping…” Ye Jin said and Jong Kook calms a bit.

          “Tell me the truth…because I think I’m going to explode…” Jong Kook pleaded.

          Ye Jin nodded and Jong Kook tighten his fist. He was so angry. “You really ruin me…because of what you did…Ji Hyo was gone now…” he said firmly.

          “He leaves you not because of what I said…It’s because she doesn’twant to be related to you anymore…” Ye Jin said.

          “Shut up~…before I forget that you are a woman…Shut it!!...” Jong Kook shouted with anger. He leaves because he can’t take it anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *The day of the wedding…*

          It was 9 in the morning; Jong Kook was sitting on his bed. He already canceled everything yesterday. After hearing what Ji Hyo says, he finally decided that he should stop.

          Flashback

          *Yesterday…*

          Jong Kook still wants to find her no matter what. He can’t just believe what Ye Jin says to him. He knows Ji Hyo and she will never say that. His phone rings and it is an unknown number. He answers it.

          “Yoboseyo…” he said.

          “It’s me…” Ji Hyo said.

          His heart thumps hearing her voice. “Ji Hyo-yah…Where are you? I’m so worried…Please tell me…”

          “Is it still not clear to you?...” she said that makes Jong Kook nervous.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “I left because I don’t want to be part of your family…One is enough but two is too much…How would you expect me to take care of people who isn’t related to me?...I’ve come to my senses…Why would I waste my life to be a part of yours?...Were I could find someone else who is single and---”

          “Stop~!...Please….”

          “Well believe it or not…I don’t care anymore…I come to my senses and its final…Just have your own life and I have my own…” Ji Hyo said and hangs up. 

          Jong Kook was left broken. His tears started to fall from his eyes.

          End of Flashback

          Eun Joo enters his room. “Appa~…” she calls him. Jong Kook looks at her angel. “You should prepare already Appa…It’s your wedding day today…Eomma doesn’t want you to be late…” Eun Joo said. Jong Kook felt his tears forming. He walks towards her, knelt down and hold her shoulders. “Eun Joo-yah~…Listen to Appa hmm…” he said and Eun Joo nodded. “Eomma…gone to a place far away…and she can’t go back anymore…the wedding…it won’t happen…” he explains to her. “You’re lying Appa…Eomma said she will never leave…She promise Eun Joo…she will never leave me…you’re lying Appa…” Eun Joo cried and hits her Appa’s chest. “Appa…Mianhe~…Eun Joo-yah…Appa will never leave you…” Jong Kook tears fall. Seeing Eun Joo, it’s hurting him more.

          “You’re lying…you’re lying…” Eun Joo said then runs to her room. She locks it and cried. Jong Kook knocks to the door. “Eun Joo-yah…Open this…Please…” he said.

          “Eomma….Eomma…Eomma…” Eun Joo cried.

          Jong Kook can’t stop his emotions. He knelt down and cried letting all his sadness out.

~~~~~~~~~~

          3 weeks passed quickly, it was hard for him but he needs to be strong for Eun Joo. He will never be the old him. They will faces tomorrow together.

          9PM, he was at the veranda drinking liquor. He can’t still forget her. He misses her so much. The doorbells rings and he opens the door then Jang Hyuk and Kyung Min enters.

          “What brings you here?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “I came to…” Jang Hyuk said and punches him. “Jang Hyuk-ah…” Kyung Min stops him. Jong Kook stands up and wipes the blood and the left side of his lips. “What do you think you’re doing?!!...” Jong Kook shouted.

          “I did that to wake you~!...After what you did to you Ye Jin, you’ll just throw them like a trash…That’s your son you bastard~!!!...” Jang Hyuk shouted at him.

          “Jang Hyuk-ah…Stop it…Eun Joo will hear us…” Kyung Min said.

          “That woman was in love with you since college…and even after you married it was still you for her…then as Eun Hye dies she hopes everyday….that a jerk like you will love her…then I…I stood by her, a more jerk than you because I love her so much…” Jang Hyuk tear fall from his eyes. “You’re such a lucky person do you know that?…so please…be a man…because you don’t know how much I wanted to be in your place…” he added and walks away.

~~~~~~~~~

          *Next day…*

          9AM, Jong Kook went to Ye Jin’s house. Ye Jin was cooking when he arrives and Hyun Woo were crying on his crib. “Oh Hyun Woo-yah…Just wait…” Ye Jin said and went to the kitchen. Jong Kook walks towards the crib and carries Hyun Woo. He stops crying and stares at him.

          Ye Jin looks at them. She felt happy, seeing he was carrying him.

          Jong Kook turns to her. “I will give the family that you wanted…” he said.