Chapter 10

Mr. Eye Smile

          “Kajima…Ji Hyo-yah…I need you here with me…”

          She turns her head and looks at him. He was staring at her. “Please…Don’t leave…” he said. Ji Hyo sat at the chair beside his bed and he was still holding her hand. “I won’t leave…” she said and smiles a bit. Jong Kook felt relieved and closes his eyes again. Ji Hyo slowly pulls her hand into his, afraid that he’ll awaken. But then Jong Kook grabs her hand tightly.

          She felt happy just by looking his hand holding hers but a part of her feels pain. “That’s what hurt most…you just…need me…” Ji Hyo thought.

          Jong Kook was peacefully sleeping and Ji Hyo also falls asleep with her head at the side of his bed.  

          2:30AM, Jong Kook wakes up and feel a lot better. He looks at his side. He was still holding her hand and she was sleeping. “Her body will ache if she’ll sleep like that…” Jong Kook thought. The pain from his back is now tolerable not like before. He removes his hand to hers and stands up. He carries her and lays her into the bed. He also lies beside her. She was peacefully sleeping. Jong Kook was looking at her, examining the every features of her face. Just then Ji Hyo moves closer to him, still sleeping and huddle into his chest. Jong Kook was a bit flustered and his heart beats faster. She was too close. Then she just let her be that close and just stares at Ji Hyo. “You’re really beautiful Ji Hyo-yah…but I don’t think I’m ready to fall in love again…I can’t…still…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Ji Hyo opens her eyes from sleep. Her eyes wide open and shocked registered in her face. Her heart started to pound abnormally. Jong Kook was sleeping and he was just inches away from her face. “What happen?...Why am I sleeping beside him?...” Ji Hyo thought.

          She stares at him. She can’t stop herself and moves her right index finger from his forehead down to his nose. “I should stop…I shouldn’t hope…I should not stare at you like this…But I can’t stop myself…I’m crazy…” Ji Hyo thought.

          She wakes up from her senses and stands up. She puts her hand into his forehead to check his temperature. He’s now okay and she felt relieved. She went out and goes to the kitchen and prepares breakfast.

          Ji Hyo was done cooking and setting the table when Eun Joo went downstairs.

          “Good Morning Angel…” Ji Hyo greeted the cute little girl.

          Eun Joo smiles. “Good Morning too Pretty Unnie…Where is Appa?...” she asked.

          “He was still sleeping...We should just let him rest so he will be fully okay…”

          Eun Joo nodded. “Araseoyo Pretty Unnie…Eun Joo will not disturb Appa…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          10:00AM, Jong Kook wakes up. He stands up and went out from his room. He went downstairs but the house feels so empty. He looks at the clock. “It’s already 10AM…Eun Joo and Ji Hyo wasn’t around…” Jong Kook thought.

          There was a congee at the table and a note in it.  

          Appa,

                   Pretty Unnie cooks you her special congee for you to get well. You should eat more Appa my fieldtrip is coming soon and you should be there. Remember you promised me?

-       Eun Joo

He can’t help but smile, his cute and adorable daughter. He sat at the chair and notice that there is another note. He reads it.

          I didn’t wake you up because I know sleep is what you need. Pre-heat the congee before you eat. It will be good if you’ll eat it warm and don’t forget to drink your medicines.

-       Ji Hyo

His lips curl up reading it and thought about what happen earlier morning. He wakes up around 4:00AM earlier but he didn’t get up from the bed. He just stares at the sleeping Ji Hyo beside him.

          Flashback

          Jong Kook was staring at her, adoring her beautiful sleeping face. He can’t help but smile then.

          “I can’t stop myself looking at you…but I’m scared…scared that if I admit what I really feel for you…I will just only hurt you and myself…also scared that you don’t feel the same way…but I’ll let myself do this…just this…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          Then he leans his head closer to her and kisses her forehead.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~

          2 weeks passed, Jong Kook has fully recovered and already working. In that time, Ji Hyo tried her best to be not close to Jong Kook. She didn’t even stares at him that long. On the other hand, Jong Kook noticed it. There is this time that he was playing with Eun Joo and he glances at her. She was about to smile while looking at them but she stops herself. Jong Kook finds it intriguing and also irritating. He also noticed that she was being aloof lately.

          Friday morning, they were eating breakfast when Ji Hyo talks. “It’s Haha Oppa’s birthday today…Could I take Eun Joo with me after her class?...Everyone wants her to be there…” she said to Jong Kook.

          “It’s okay…” he replied.

          “You and Kyung Min Oppa were also invited…You can follow us after your work…” she said. She already calls Kyung Min ‘Oppa’ because Kyung Min didn’t stop insisting her. Kyung Min point is they were already a bit close and she shouldn’t call him formally.

          “Okay…I’ll ask Kyung Min…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Evening at RM Restaurant, the different foods were set up in the table. All of them were there except Kyung Min and Jong Kook. They were sitting in their seats. Just then Ji Hyo and Eun Joo went out into the kitchen holding a cake together and the candles were already lit. They all started to sing the Happy Birthday song.

          “Make a wish first Hyung…” Gwang Soo said.

          Haha closes his eyes and makes a wish then blow the candles. After that, they all started to eat.

          9:00PM, Jong Kook and Kyung Min arrives. Jae Suk welcomes them and assists them to eat. The others were already drinking soju and singing at the karaoke. At that moment, Haha and Ji Hyo was the one singing with their hands wrap around each other shoulders and singing the Goose Dream. Haha was singing with his husky voice while Ji Hyo was trying her best but she’s really not into singing.

          “I’m glad the two of come…We already start drinking 30 minutes ago…” Jae Suk said.

          “Thank you for inviting us…” Jong Kook said. “Where is Eun Joo?...” he asked.

          “She was with Ji Hyo’s Auntie at their house…She fell asleep earlier…”

          “YAH~! Where do you think your holding?!...” Gary shouted looking JI Hyo and Haha. It caught the attention of Jong Kook, Jae Suk and Kyung Min. Jong Kook narrowed his eyes while looking at them. Haha holds Ji Hyo’s hand and they were both smiling. Jong Kook felt his heart tightens. He’s starting to get jealous.

          “You’re just JEALOUS…” Haha said to Gary and gave him a merong.

          “Aigooo this guys…we have other visitors here…Behave a bit…” Jae Suk said. “Mian~…they were always like that…Ji Hyo was really lovely…but after her wedding is called off she never have a boyfriend…” he said to Jong Kook. “Wedding?...I didn’t know about that…” Jong Kook thought. He wants to asked more about her but he stops himself.

          After an hour, they were already tipsy except Jong Kook who didn’t drink that much. Haha, Jae Suk, Gwang Soo, Ji Hyo also Kyung Min started to sing Run to you by DJ Doc. They were all dancing and happily singing. Jong Kook was looking at her, how she smiles with them. He felt jealous and unhappy with it. “Can you smile to me like that?...I want to be the reason behind your smiles…” Jong Kook thought.

          After that, Kyung Min insisted that Jong Kook should sing. Jong Kook refuses but Haha wants him to sing and everyone cheers him. He holds the microphone and started to sing the song ‘Even if I die I can’t let you go’ by 2AM.

“Jugeodo mot bonae naega eotteohke neol bonae
Can’t let you go, even if I die
How am I suppose to let you go?

Garyeo geodeun tteonaryeo geodeun nae gaseum gochyeo nae
Whether you go or leave, fix my heart
Apeuji anhke na saragal surado itge
If you can’t fix it, so that I won’t be in pain
So that I can at least live
Andwindamyeon eochapi ussal geo
I wouldn’t be able to live anyway
Jugeodo mot bonae
I can’t let you go, even if I die

          He sang it really beautifully and with feeling. Ji Hyo was amazed by him hearing him sing but her heart aches because the song he sang has another meaning that she really hates. “That’s how it really goes…he can’t still let go of the memories and his love of his wife…and he will never be…even if he die…” Ji Hyo thought.

          After 15 minutes, they all decide to wrap up and sleep. Ji Hyo was really drunk and Jong Kook carries her into his car beside the driver’s seat. He puts her seatbelt. He already gets Eun Joo into their house and she was lying at the back seat still sleeping. He bids his goodbye and drives home.

          As they arrived home, he firstly carries Eun Joo into her room and come back to carry Ji Hyo. He enters her room and lays her into her bed. He was about to go when Ji Hyo talks.

          “Oppa…Kajima…” she said. He turns and looks at her but she was still sleeping. She was dreaming. Then a tear fell into her eye. Jong Kook moves closer to her and wipes her tear.

          “Do you still love him?...Did he leave you?...How much I wanted to be the one beside you Ji Hyo-yah…I wish I can…I hope I can…because I think I’m really falling in love with you…” he said and moves his head closer hers and pressed his lips against hers. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
At last I updated I miss it so much...
I'm sorry just have been busy lately..
Thank you for reading... ^~^