Chapter 14

Mr. Eye Smile

           Ji Hyo was flustered when she sees Jong Kook. “Why is he here?...”  she said in her mind. She just passed by him and run to her Oppa.

          “Oppa~…Lee Ji Hoon Oppa~…” Ji Hyo shouted excitedly and hugs the man standing and smiling at her. Ji Hoon hugs her too. “It’s been so long Ji Hyo-yah…” he smiles.

          “It’s been so long Oppa…You still look the same…”

          “So you are…Let’s eat…” Ji Hoon said and they walk away.

          Jong Kook was left blank. Looking at her hands wrap around his arm as they were walking makes him jealous and angry at the same time. “Who is he seriously?...She really did what she says…that she don’t know him at all…This won’t do I promise myself that I will do verything to make her come back to me…” Jong Kook thought. He followed them. They enter a coffee shop and take a seat with opposite sides. Jong Kook also enters and sat at the vacant table a little further to them. Ji Hyo didn’t see him because she was facing Ji Hoon.

          “Still the same?...” Ji Hoon asked her referring to her favorite coffee.

          “Ne~…” she smiles.

          Ji Hoon calls the waiter and orders. After minutes their order came and they chat and laugh. Jong Kook was glaring Ji Hoon. He’s now getting into his nerves. He doesn’t know he can be this jealous. Ji Hoon noticed that Jong Kook was looking at them.

          “Ji Hyo-yah...perhaps that’s the man you’re talking about right?..That muscular man…” he said.

          Ji Hyo didn’t even there to look at Jong Kook. She knows it already. “Ne~…it’s him…”

          “Then why is he here?...Maybe he was here for you…his killing me already just by looking at me…”

          “No he’s not here for me…maybe he has his business here…”

          “Whatever you think…I’m more handsome than him Ji Hyo-yah but you still called of our wedding back then …” Ji Hoon said but he’s not hurting unlike 5 years ago.

          Ji Hyo hits his arm. “Aigoooo-yah…if I didn’t called of our wedding would you be happy like this now?...” Ji Hyo smiles. Ji Hoon was now happily married and has a son. He was at Jeju because of business meeting and he accidentally meets Ji Hyo at the Hotel.

          “Araseo araseo…but still I really loved you back then…and I hope you’ll be happy too…” Ji Hoon smiles and glance at Jong Kook. “If he punch me it’s all your fault…Why don’t you talk to him?...”

          “I will never talk to him…I told you everything Oppa…I will now forget everything about him…If he tries to talk to me…Can you help me?...” she said.

          “I will don’t worry…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, 10AM, Jong Kook went into the hotel’s pool and plans to swim. Last night he asks the receptionist about Ji Hyo’s room number but she didn’t tell it to him. Ji Hyo didn’t really want him here at all, knowing that makes his heart aches but he deserves it. It’s his entire fault she let her go.

          He was walking to the pool. He was wearing his beach shorts, shirt and sunglasses. Just then a woman came running to him while shouting. “OPPPPPAAAAAA~…” the woman hugs him from his back. He was startled and turns to see who it is. “Ara-yah…” he smiles. It was Go Ara, the daughter of his Father’s friend that was also a shareholder in JK Mall. “Are you with your Father?...” he asked. Ara shakes her head and hugs him again. “I’m doing some photographs for magazine Oppa…I didn’t thought I’ll see you here…Do you have business meeting?” she replied.

          “Ne~…” he said. If he didn’t tell her he has meetings for sure she will clings to her always and he will not be able to meet Ji Hyo. He sees her as his little sister and Ara sees him as her brother she never have.

          She was still hugging him when Ji Hyo sees them from a far. “Jerk!....Aish Jinja…I’m really annoyed…Stop it JI Hyo-yah…Don’t react…You don’t care…you don’t care…you don’t care…” Ji Hyo said in her mind.

          “Oppa…Let’s go to the ball here in hotel later night…” Go Ara said to him.

          “Ball?...”

          “Ne~…Sometimes they hold a ball for the guests…”

          “So all of the guest are invited then?...”

          “Ne~…You’ll come okay?..”

          “Okay…”

          “You’ll come Ji Hyo right?...I will be able to see you then…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night, 8:00PM, the biggest hall of the hotel was filled with people dressed for the ball. Jong Kook was already at the lobby waiting for Ara and also waiting if Ji Hyo will appear. Then he sees Ji Hoon also wearing a suit and looks like waiting. Jong Kook steps forward to talk to him but Ara arrives and clings into his arm. “You’re so handsome in your suit Oppa…” Ara smiles. “You’re dazzling too Ara-yah…” he said to her. She really was so pretty with her dress.

          “Waaa…She’s so beautiful…” Ara said amazed looking at the direction where he saw Ji Hoon standing. He turns his head and look. Ji Hyo was so beautiful. Her dress was just simple white but she looks so elegant. Jong Kook was left awed. He’s eyes stays to her.

          Ji Hoon assists Ji Hyo to hold his arm and she does. “So you’re ready to face this Ji Hyo-yah?...” he asked. Ji Hyo nodded. “Ne~…”

          The party started. They ate food and started to dance. Ara insists that they should dance and they did. Jong Kook eyes search for her but he can’t found Ji Hyo. As the song ends, they stop dancing. Ara went into the comfort room. Then the song Driving Me Crazy by Hyorin plays and finally Jong Kook sees JI Hyo but she’s now dancing with Ji Hoon.

Michige mandeureo niga

You drive me crazy
Nal ulge mandeureo niga

You make me cry
Gakkai sone japhil deuthae jabeumyeon meoreojineun baramcheoreom

You’re close as if I can catch you but when I do, you get far away like the wind
 


Honjaseo haneun ge sarang

Love is what I do alone
Namneun geon nunmurin sarang

Love only leaves tears
Geureon geojigateun geureon babogateun sarang
A crappy, foolish love

 

          As Ji Hyo heard the chorus of the song, her tears started to fall. The song fits what she really feels. Ji Hoon felt sad seeing her cry and hugs her to comfort her. They were still dancing.

          Then Jong Kook stands up from his sit and walks towards them and punches Ji Hoon. He’s really feeling crazy right now. He felt that his heart is about to explode from jealousy. The people were shocked by what happen.

          “YAAAH~!...” Ji Hyo shouted and checks Ji Hoon who is half lying at the floor with blood in his left corner lips. “WHAT DO YOU---…” Ji Hyo was about to say but Jong Kook grabs her hand and gets out the hall. He just keeps on walking until they were at the place where no one is around. Ji Hyo pulls her hand away from his. “You’re crazy…What do you think you’re doing Kim Jong Kook-ssi?!...” she said.

          “Ne~…I’m crazy…I’m crazy because I can’t take it…I’m about to explode…” he paused then Ji Hyo turns her back to walk away. “I’m about to explode…because I’m really jealous…because I LOVE YOU…Saranghae Ji Hyo-yah…” he added and Ji Hyo stops.

          She turns to him again and coldly stares and smirks. “Who are you exactly?...You will appear in front of me tell those bull things…I’m now fine…I’m doing good so let me be…Please leave me alone…”

          “I don’t want too…I know you still love me…” he said with plead in his eyes.

          “Ani~…I was so wrong to love you…”

          Jong Kook holds her shoulders and looks into her eyes. “Say you’re just lying…Please…”

          “That man was my ex fiancée…and…we get together again…so I’m not lying…I…don’t…love you anymore…” she coldly said.

          “You’re here because--…”

          “Of him…I’m here because of him…”

          Jong Kook takes his hands away into her shoulders and steps backward. His heart aches so much like it was about to break. He bites his lower lip to control his tears. “I hope…for the best for you…Song Ji Hyo-ssi” he said and turns his back and walks away.

          He was gone when Ji Hyo sits to the bench and cried. She was scared to accept the things that he was saying.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *1 month passed…*

          “What are you saying she was missing?...What happen?...” Jong Kook worriedly asked Ahjumma on the phone.

          “I was about to fetch her into the school but she’s not here…The teachers and guard didn’t see her…”

          “Araseo…Asked help to the Police to look if she’s around that place…and I will also look for her…Call me if you found her…” he said and hangs up.

          Just then, Ji Hyo was walking to the bus stop when she heard someone is calling her. She turns and sees Eun Joo waving at her with smile in her face. “Pretty Unnie~!....Pretty Unnie~!...”

          Eun Joo was across the street. Ji Hyo smiles to her and signal her to stop but Eun Joo was so excited and she runs to meet her. But then Ji Hyo sees that there’s a car approaching and she pushes Eun Joo away and she was the one got hit by the car. Eun Joo sees Ji Hyo bleeding from her head. She started to cry. All of the people gathered to help.

          Eun Joo pats Ji Hyo’s houlder to wake her up but she’s not moving. “Eomma…Eomma…Eomma…Eommma…” Eun Joo cried.