Chapter 15

Mr. Eye Smile

           Flashback

          *1 day ago…*

          “Appa can we go to Pretty Unnie?...I miss her so much…” Eun Joo asked her Appa. Jong Kook looks at her daughter who was sitting beside him at the sofa. “I’m sorry but we can’t go there anymore Eun Joo-yah…”

          “But why?...”

          “Things changes my angel…We must not intrude her…We should know how to live our life without her…”

          Eun Joo pouts and didn’t understand what his Appa meant. “But Eun Joo really want to see her...”

          *End of Flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook answers the unknown number appears on his handphone. “Yoboseyo…” he said. “Ne~…Is this Kim Jong Kook-ssi?...” the woman asked from the other line. “Ne~…Who is it?...” he replied. “This is from a hospital Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” the woman said. Jong Kook was stiffened and his heart started to pound abnormally. He was nervous.

          “What can I help you?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Your daughter and her Eomma had an accident…your daughter was alright but your wife is still unconscious…”

          He felt confused. “Wife?? Who?...Is she mistaken?...” Jong Kook thought.

          “Excuse me but may I know what’s the name of your talking about?...” he asked.

          “It’s Kim Eun Joo…5 years old…”

          “She’s my daughter…I’ll be there right away…Thank you” he said and hangs up. His body was trembling from nervousness. He wants to see his daughter right away. “But who is she talking about ‘wife’?...” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          Jong Kook calls Kyung Min and he comes right away in his office. “Hey what’s the problem? You seem so nervous on the line…” Kyung Min asked. “Eun Joo was found…but she’s in the hospital…”

          “WHAAT?!...What happen?...What are you still doing here?...” Kyung Min said.

          “She’s fine…the nurse said it…Can you go there and get her?...” Jong Kook said. For 5 years, he didn’t even dare to go to hospital. He has his fears and he didn’t know how to deal with it. “Araseo…I’ll go there…” Kyung Min said. He knows he can’t go.     

          Kyung Min went to the hospital and found Eun Joo sitting at the chair in front a patient room. She was with a nurse. Eun Joo was so sad.

          “Eun Joo-yah…” Kyung Min calls her. Eun Joo runs to him and he carried her. Eun Joo started to cry. “Hey what’s wrong?...Does something hurts?...” Kyung Min worriedly asked but Eun Joo just shakes her head.

          “Are you Kim Jong Kook-ssi?...” the nurse asked him.

          “No…I’m his friend…How is she?...” Kyung Min asked pertaining to Eun Joo.

          “She just got scratches…but her Eomma is still unconscious…She was there in her room…You can go to check her…”

          “Eomma?...” Kyung Min confused.

          “Ne~…They came here together…Eun Joo must be shocked by what happen because she keeps on calling her Eomma when she was brought to the Operating Room…”

          Kyung Min doesn’t really get her so he walks and opens the door and sees Ji Hyo lying on the bed with bandage on her head. He was flustered to know it was her. “How was she?...” he asked.

          “The operation went well…but because of blood lost her body was so weak…She also has bruises in her body when she was hit by the car…”

          “The driver of the car?...What happen?...” he asked.

          “He’s already under Police Custody…”

          “Thank you…”

          The nurse left them. Eun Joo was sadly staring at Ji Hyo. “What happen Eun Joo-yah?...Why are you with her?...” Kyung Min asked.

          “I came to lo-ok for he-r Uncle…I came running…but Pretty Unnie push me…and got hit by…a car…” Eun Joo frowns and started to cry again. It was a big trauma to little child to witness those things.

          Kyung Min calls Jong Kook. “Is she okay?...How is she?...” Jong Kook said as he answers his handphone. “She was fine…a few scratches…” Kyung Min said. “Where is the driver?...I’m not letting him go with this…” Jong Kook said.

          “You surely kill that driver…” Kyung Min paused. “Does the nurse told you about the Eomma thing?...” he asked.

          “Ne~…but I know she’s just mistaken…”

          “No she’s not…Jong Kook-ah…Ji Hyo was lying here unconscious…She saves your daughter and got hit by the car…”

          It was like a bomb. Jong Kook felt numb. “Wha—t do yo-u mean?...” he was so confused.

          “You’re daughter came to find her and the car was meant for Eun Joo but Ji Hyo pushed her away…” Kyung Min explains. “Go and get her family Jong Kook-ah…I’ll stay here and wait for them…” then Kyung Min hangs up.

          Jong Kook composed himself and went to Ji Hyo’s house. He told her Aunti and Joong Ki everything happened to the accident. Jae Suk also comes with them as he drives to the hospital. As they arrived, before entering the hospital, Jong Kook said. “I’m really sorry what happen…” he bows to her Auntie and Joong Ki. “becau---…” he was about to say when Ji Hyo’s Auntie talks. “It’s an accident…No one wants it to happen…” then they’ve entered the hospital but Jong Kook just stays in his place. He just watches them. “Damn it Jong Kook-ah!...Step your foot and see her…Your such an !...” Jong Kook said in his mind.  He tries to step his foot but he can’t. He just turns his back and walks back to his car. He felt so bad to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~

          2 days passed, Ji Hyo was still unconscious. All of them were so worried. Eun Joo was so scared and she’s having nightmares about the accident. What makes Jong Kook smiles bitterly is that, Eun Joo was calling Ji Hyo Eomma in her dream. It was just so sad that it will never happen.

          8:00AM, Jong Kook decides to visit Ji Hyo. He really wants to see her. He was hurt from what she said. That it’s wrong to love someone like him but what can he do, it’s his entire fault. He parked his car and walk to the entrance. He stops walking; his body was cold from nervousness. “I want to see her…I want to see her…I want to see her…I can do it…I will see her…” Jong Kook said in his mind. He inhales and exhales three times then he started to step his foot forward and walk to where she is. His body was bit trembling but he makes it. He was now in front of the door of her room. He opens the door and she was there lying and sleeping. He restrains himself not to cry. Her Auntie nor Joong Ki isn’t around. He sits at the chair beside the bed. He holds her hand and he smiles bitterly.

          “It wasn’t cold…Ji Hyo-yah…I’m sorry…if just let Eun Joo see you this won’t happen…it’s all my fault…I’m really sorry…” Jong Kook said and tears started to fall from his eyes. “I…I still love you…What should I do with this?...I can’t stop thinking about you…but then I thought it’s all over now…I didn’t mean to hurt you…I’m just too scared to be left alone…but because of my fears…now you were gone…I’m so sorry…Please wake up…please…I promise I will never be involve in your life ever again…Even it’s hard for Eun Joo we will never interfere you…I love you so much Ji Hyo-yah..Just please wake up…please please…” he cried and buried his face in her hand.

          He wipes his tears and stands. He looks at her peaceful face and kissed her lips. “For the last time…” Jong Kook thought. A tear from his eye fall to Ji Hyo’s cheek. He turns his back and walk away.

          Just then, Ji Hyo started gain her consciousness and open her eyes. She saw a man going out the door but it was too blurry. She knows him, the built, it was him. He finally exits the door.

          “Kim…Jong…Kook…” Ji Hyo said.