Chapter 23

Mr. Eye Smile

         “Do you still remember that night Oppa?...the night we shared together…” Ye Jin said.

          Jong Kook got stiff with what she said. “Does she know?...that we had that special connection…” Ye Jin said with seductive voice. She moves her hand from his chest to his jaw and traces it using her fingers. Her fingers went to his lips. Jong Kook grabs her hand and stops her. He glares at her.

          “I don’t know what game you have Ye Jin-ah…but to make it clear to you…what we had is just a one night stand…just that…don’t make it hard for the both of us…Please…I’m happy now…don’t ruin what I had…” he said firmly. “Because I might die if I lose her…I love her so much…” he added and left her room.

          Ye Jin tears started to fall from her eyes. “Why can’t it be me Oppa?...Why?...” Ye Jin thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook was alone in his room, the others weren’t back yet. He sits on his bed. He puts his both hands into his face. “It’s all in the past…3 years ago…Why she should come back here?...If Ji Hyo would know about that…she’ll leave me…Ani~ Ani~…It won’t happen…never…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          He was worried and tense because it really looks like Ye Jin really meant to ruin him. He shakes his head and sighs.

          Flashback

          3 years ago…

          Jong Kook was at the bar drinking. He was drinking alone almost an hour. Ye Jin was just around also drinking while staring at him. Jong Kook drinks his last shot and passed out with his head on the table. Ye Jin go to him and pat his shoulder.

          “Jong Kook Oppa…Oppa…” she said but he didn’t respond. “Oppa…Wake up…” she said again. Jong Kook moves his head and looks at her. “Wae?...Y-e Jin-ah…” he said drunk.

          “You’re drunk…Let’s go home…” Ye Jin said and Jong Kook nodded.

          Jong Kook walks wobbly and Ye Jin supports him. They got in to Ye Jin’s car. She drives to her home. As they arrive, they enter her house and walks to her room but Jong Kook was so drunk and he leans to the wall.

          Ye Jin stares at him. Jong Kook has his eyes closed. Ye Jin slowly moves her head and pressed her lips to his. She kisses him passionately and Jong Kook responds to it.

          Then the morning comes, Jong Kook wakes up with a heavy headache. He was confused to find out that he was . Ye Jin comes out from the bathroom. “Good Morning Oppa~…” she greeted him sweetly.

          Jong Kook didn’t smile at her instead he gets his clothes and wears it. He started to walk to the door to leave but Ye Jin grabs his arm and stops him.

          “Oppa…Where are you going?...” she asked.

          Jong Kook looks at her with his plain cold eyes. “Look…I didn’t mean it…I’m drunk…Let’s just forget about this…” he said and leaves.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          *1 week passed…Ji Hyo’s house*

          Ji Hyo was in her room, sitting at her bed while staring at the picture of her with Joong Ki and her Auntie. Just then her Auntie came in and saw her. She sat beside her and smiles. Ji Hyo smiles to her too.

          “Talk to me Ji Hyo-yah…You already said yes to Jong Kook but what’s stopping you?...” her Auntie asked.

          Ji Hyo smiles sadly while looking at the picture. “It just so hard to leave you and Joong Ki…” she said. She loves them so much. They were her life. Her Aunt hugs her and pats her back because she was already crying. “We were just here Ji Hyo-yah…It’s your new journey…We will always support you…I know you’ll be a good wife and a Mother…”

          “You think so??...” Ji Hyo looks at her Aunt.

          “Of course~…So marry him quickly…I want to have my grandson immediately…” her Aunt smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Evening…*

          Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were at the Han River Park. They were walking while holding hands. A group of girls was looking at them literally looking at Jong Kook and smiling. “Your’e quite famous Tiger Ahjussi…” Ji Hyo said to him as she notices the girls.

          “Ahjussi???...You’re jealous Ahjumma…” Jong Kook jokes.

          Ji Hyo glares at him. “You’re really enjoying their attentions…” she said.

          “A little…” he smiles teasing her.

          “YAH~!...Kim Jong Kook…” she warns him and takes away her hand from his.

          “You should marry me quickly so I won’t--…”

          “Araseo~…Let’s set the date~!…” Ji Hyo shouted a bit and walks forward. She was blushing. Jong Kook smiles brightly and follows her. He lifts her that makes Ji Hyo flustered. His arms were around her thigh and Ji Hyo’s hand was on his shoulders. “Yah~…Put me down…” she looks down at him.

          Jong Kook just gives him a sweet smile. “I love you…” he said. Ji Hyo melts and smiles too. “I love you too…” she said and moves her head down and pressed her lips into his.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Flashback

          *A week after Ji Hyo said yes to Jong Kook’s marriage proposal…the first quarrel of the couple…*

          They were in Jong Kook’s car. He was driving. “Let’s set the date Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said. Ji Hyo tooka deep breathe. “Can we delay it a little?...” she said. Jong Kook was shocked. He stops the car and looks at her. “Wha-t do you mean?...” he was so nervous.

          “It’s not that I won’t marry you…I will Oppa…I already said yes…but I just thought many things…I still can’t---….” Ji Hyo didn’t finish what she’s saying because Jong Kook interrupts her.

          “I don’t get you…” Jong Kook said with anger and upset voice.

          “Op-pa…”

          “I’ll take you home…” he said and drives her home. They arrived in their house. Jong Kook wasn’t talking to her. He alights from the car and opens the door for Ji Hyo. She gets out and looks at him. He wasn’t even looking at her.

          “Oppa…” Ji Hyo said.

          “I’m going…” Jong Kook said coldly and leaves.

          *Evening that day…*

          Ji Hyo messages him.

          Message:

                   Jong Kook Oppa…Look I know you’re angry and upset right now but please listen to me…I love you and I want to marry you…I want to be with you forever…but please understand me…We can just delay it for months…I want to be with my Aunt and Joong Ki…They’ve been my life and thinking of leaving them…It’s  hard to accept it but I know I should …So what I’m asking is…until I’m finally ready…just for months Oppa…Please understand…I love you so much…

          Jong Kook reads it. He really doesn’t get it at first but knowing what her reason, he finally understands. He wants to be quickly married to her and be a family but he didn’t think that before him, she has a family. Her family that she values and cherishes.

          He drives and went to her. He sends her a message.

          Message:

                   Come out…I’m here…

          Ji Hyo went out and sees him leaning to his car. Her tears start to fall from her eyes and she started to walk towards him then hugs him tightly. He also does the same. “Hey don’t cry…” Jong Kook said. “I’m sorry…” he added and lifts Ji Hyo’s head then wipes her tears with his hand. “Please don’t cry…” he said.

          “Mianhe Oppa…”

          “I understand now…Sshhh just don’t cry…until you’re finally ready…I’ll wait…Saranghae…” he said and kisses her forehead.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          Joong Ki delivers flowers. “Thank you…” he said to the woman and leaves. He was walking to the parking lot when he noticed a familiar face. There’s a man that forcefully wants to kiss Ara.

          “St-op…Don’t---…” Ara said.

          Joong Ki walks towards them and pats the man’s shoulder, as soon as the guy turns to him Joong Ki punch him hard. “Don’t you dare come near her…” he warns him with anger in his voice. The guy just leaves.

          Joong Ki turns and looks at Ara. “Are you okay?...” he asked. Ara started to cry. She was so scared. Joong Ki slowly hugs her and pats her back. “Everything’s fine…” he said. Being that close to her, his heart starts pounding abnormally.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *A week passed…*

          Jang Hyuk went to Ye Jin’s house. He was worried to her. She wasn’t contacting him. Ye Jin opens the door and let him in. He knows something bad happens at Busan.

          “How are you?...” Jang Hyuk asked.

          “I’m fine…if you’re asking to go back to Paris…I dn’t want to…” she said.

          “Ani~…We won’t go back…because we’re going to attend Jong Kook’s wedding…” Jang Hyuk said that makes Ye Jin stiff. “They finally set the date Ye Jin-ah…you should stop hoping…” he said with serious voice.

          Ye Jin just smirks. “I won’t stop…until I get him…I will never stop…He’ll be mi---…”

          “SHUT UP~!...” Jang Hyuk shouted angrily. “Are you that blind?...Are you that selfish Ye Jin-ah??!...Jong Kook will never love you…because you are not Eun Hye nor Ji Hyo…and even in your next life…he wouldn’t love you…Never…” he said firmly. He was so mad. He wants her to wake up and move on.

          Ye Jin slap him and a tear fell from her eye. Jang Hyuk stares at her eyes.

          “Can’t you see?...I’m here~!...I’m right here in front of you…THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU~!!!...” Jang Hyuk burst.