Chapter 31

Mr. Eye Smile

          “Ne~…Jong Kook Oppa was his Appa…”  Ji Hyo said the truth. She fully trusts Haha like her own brother and she doesn’t know what to say anymore. She doesn’t want to lie to him. After all, she really met him to tell him everything.

          Haha composed himself. He took a deep breath. “What will you do now?...You should let him know about this…” he said.

          “Oppa…I won’t do that…I already told you…I left him for good…I won’t make him suffer more…I’ll treasure this baby as a wonderful gift from him…that’s enough for me…” she explains.

          Haha understands her but he doesn’t want her to be alone like this. “Then how about you?...” he said to her. He wants her to have some courage.

          “I can do this Oppa…and I know I’m not alone…Auntie and Joong Ki was with me too…and also all of you…I don’t want to think too much…I just hope for a better tomorrow for my baby…That’s just what I wanted Haha Oppa…”  she smiles but still there’s this sadness in her eyes.

          Haha smiles. “We were always here for you Ji Hyo…Have you told Joong Ki and your Auntie?...”

          “That’s why I called you Oppa…Actually I haven’t told them…I know they’ll be surprise…just like you…and I’m sorry that I kept a secret like this…I’m scared in some point but I’m really happy…”

          “Don’t worry I will tell them the way that won’t be that shock…and I will bring Joong Ki and yor Auntie here next time…They will surely insists to see you…You don’t know how much they miss you…”

          “I miss them so much too…I will wait for that day…”

          “Are you really okay you’re all alone here?...”

          “I’m doing fine Oppa…At first I work at a coffee shop…but as my tummy grows I find it hard to still work there…and now I’m working at a day care center…”

          “That’s great to hear…” Haha sees that Ji Hyo is really happy on what she was doing. He got a bit serious. “Ji Hyo-yah…I’m so proud of you for being this far…and congratulation for having an angel…I know you will always be happy…and I’m grateful…Your family will always be here for you…all the time…Hmm…Don’t forget that…Don’t take everything to yourself you can always tell us…”

          “Thank you Oppa…for always being there…for always understanding…” she smiles and touches her belly.

          Yes, she was so afraid when she finds out that she was pregnant. She feels so alone. She got no one to talk to. But she realizes that an angel was given to her, a special gift and a memory to be cherished. That even though Jong Kook and her didn’t end up together, she has this precious one with her. Then she promises herself that she will love her angel so much and Jong Kook doesn’t need to know about it. He will never need to know. He musn’t know about it.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook with Ye Jin and the two kids went to the zoo. They walk around the zoo. The two kids were so happy and enjoying it. They were currently watching the monkey when Jang Hyuk and Kyung Min arrive. “Here comes your handsome uncle…” Kyung Min said and carries Eun Joo while Jang Hyuk carries Hyun Woo.

          “You’re late…” Jong Kook said to them.

          “Mianheyo Ahjussi…We got stuck on traffic that’s why…” Kyung Min said.

          Ye Jin felt a bit awkward towards Jang Hyuk. She knows that he was still mad at her but he wasn’t letting it show. He was just civil to her.

          “Let’s eat…” Jang Hyuk suggests. “Hyun Woo is already hungry…right Hyun Woo-yah?...” he added and Hyun Woo smiles then shouted. “Ne~…Hyun Woo is hungry…”

          “Then kaja…” Jang Hyuk said and they started to walk. Kyung Min was holding Eun Joo’s hand. Jong Kook and Ye Jin were following them.

          “He really likes his Uncle Jang Hyuk…” Jong Kook said to Ye Jin then he smiles.

          Ye Jin felt nervous when Jong Kook said that. She got afraid for some reason.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A week passed, Kyung Min, Jang Hyuk and Jong Kook was at Jang Hyuk’s house drinking. It was Jang Hyuk’s birthday that day. They just bought foods to eat but Jong Kook prepares a seaweed soup for him.

          They were sitting at the sofa.

          “You two were getting older…When will you find a woman and marry?...” Jong Kook nags them.

          “Wooaah…Yah…we’re not that old…we’re still young bloods…” Kyung Min said.

          “Aigooo…How about you Jang Hyuk-ah?...You’re currently dating…right?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “You know me Jong Kook-ah…I would never stick to one…I love being a bachelor…” Jang Hyuk smiles. “Woman throws themselves to me…Why would I resists them?...”

          “Aiggooooo….Aigoooo…”  Kyung Min and Jong Kook said at the same time and hits shoulder.

          “Still the same Jang Hyuk…My wish for you…is that you’ll finally FIND SOMEONE…that will make you change…” Jong Kook sincerely said.

          Jang Hyuk smiles. “Kamasahamnida Harabeoji…” he jokes.

          Jong Kook looks at his watch. “Okay times up…It’s already late…I really want to stay the night here…but my little Hyun Woo was having his school performance tomorrow…if you have time you can go and see it…He’ll like it for sure…Then Happy Birthday again…” he said and hugs Jang Hyuk.

          “Araseoyo…Thank you…” Jang Hyuk said and Jong Kook leaves.

          Jang Hyuk been silent while watching the movie. Kyung Min was just looking at the photo album of Jang Hyuk. He sips on his beer.

          “Jang Hyuk-ah…the more I look at your baby pictures the more I see Hyun Woo…It’s strange…maybe because Ye Jin always seeing you while she’s pregnant…” Kyung Min said. He felt nervous he said something wrong. “Aigooo Jinja…Liquor really won’t stop you from talking…Aissshh…” Kyung Min said in his mind.

          Jang Hyuk looks at him with sadness in his eyes.

          “He looks like me…You’re right…beside with his eyes…everything looks like me…its strange…” he stops and smiles bitterly. “Would you believe me if I say that Hyun Woo is my son?...” he added.

          Kyung Min was dumbfounded. He can’t say anything at all.

          “I’m his Father…Hyun Woo is my son…” Jang Hyuk utters.