Chapter 13

Mr. Eye Smile

          *Two weeks passed…*

          “Appa~…Appa         ~…” Eun Joo excitedly shouted while she’s running to Jong Kook. He smiles and carries Eun Joo.

          “How’s my angel doing?...” he asked.

          “I got this…” she said and let her Appa see the stars stamp on her hand. “Teacher said I’m very good…”

          “You’re always very good my little angel…Tell me what do you want?...Appa will buy it for you…”

          “Hmmmm…Can we visit Pretty Unnie?...I want to see her Appa…I really miss her…”

          Jong Kook paused then smiles awkwardly. “Okay…Uncle Kyung Min will take you there…Appa can’t come with you because I have an important meeting…” he said.

          “But did you not want to see her?...Don’t you miss her too Appa~?...” Eun Joo pouts.

          He just smiles at her. “I do…I missed her like crazy…but…after what I did…she wouldn’t want to see me…ever again…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Flashback

          “I care because…I…I love you...I’m such a fool because I’m in love with someone like you!…” Ji Hyo shouted. Her tears started to fall one by one. She finally said it.

          Jong Kook was looking at him with coldness in his eyes. “Nobody said you should love me…then stop being a fool…” he said.

          Ji Hyo feels numb from what he said. He’s right nobody told her. Ji Hyo smiles weakly. “You’re righ-t…bu-t…I--….I did-n’t…asks yo-u…t-o….love m-e ba—ck…but you’re too much…if…you really can’t leave the past…the-n just…keep your promise to Eun Joo…th-at you wi-ll be…the best Father to her…just th-at…” she said to him controlling not to burst her feelings. She was so hurt.  

          Jong Kook’s heart tightens while looking at her. He wants to hug her and never let her go but he can’t even step his foot forward. He didn’t response and just stares at her.

          Ji Hyo wipes her tears. “Can I ask you one more thing?...” she said. “Please pretend that you don’t know me…and I’ll do the same…then…thank you and goodbye Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she added and turns her back and walks away.

          When she’s gone, Jong Kook tears started to fall. He holds his chest because it aches so much. He loves her but his love wasn’t enough to cover his fears. He was such bull and he knows it. But letting her go is all he can do.

          Next day, Jong Kook went into Kyung Min’s house. “So you’re now awake?...You’re really crazy Jong Kook-ah…” Kyung Min said.

          “Where’s Eun Joo?...” he asked.

          “In the room…” he said.

          Jong Kook walks and come inside the room. Eun Joo was sitting at the bed while watching television. “Eun Joo-yah…” he calls her. Eun Joo turns and looks at him a bit scared but she smiles and hugs him. She noticed the bruised in his face and she touches it. “Appa…does it hurt?...” she said with sad face. “I’ll kiss it so it won’t hurt Appa…” Eun Joo said and kissed it.

          “Thank you my angel…It doesn’t hurt anymore…”

          “You’re not angry to me anymore?...” Eun Joo asked.

          Jong Kook shakes his head. “No…I’m not angry to you…Appa was angry to himself…I’m sorry Eun Joo-yah…I’m really sorry for what happen…I won’t do that again…I’m sorry…” he said.

          Eun Joo sweetly smiles to him and hugs him tightly. “I love you Appa…”

          “I love you too my little angel…”

          Jong Kook went out and sits to sofa where Kyung Min is sitting. “What really happen?...Could you tell me?...What makes you became like that?...” he asked.

          Jong Kook sighs. “I…let her go Kyung Min-ah…I let the woman who makes my heart loves again go…”

          “What do you mean?...”

          “Last night she told me she loves me…”

          “SHE TOLD YOU and you just let her go?!...Are you insane?!...Do you still can’t move on?...It’s been years…for goodness sake…”

          “It’s not th-at…I…I’m afraid…I’m scared that I’ll just hurt her or worst hurt myself…I’ve been prison in the past for years…I resent people especially my own daughter…I’m scared because the more I love the more I’ll hurt the people around me…She leave me and I’m hurt…all I know is I should let her go for herself and for me…”

          “And do you think you’re not hurting her now?...and yourself…Damn Jong Kook-ah…I don’t get you…You both love each other…She left because you push her…It’s all your fault…At the first place what you just need to do is tell her your feelings…that simple…” Kyung Min said.

           “It’s not that simple…” he plainly said.

          “Aigoooooo…Fine…whatever you like…I’ll just hope you’ll be happy…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Kyung Min-ah…Can you accompany Eun Joo to Ji Hyo’s place?...She wants to see her…” Jong Kook said.

          “Why me???...You should go with her…”

          “Come on…Just go…Please…”

          Kyung Min sighs. “Araseo araseo…I’ll go with her…You’re really a commander…Aigoooo…”

          Kyung Min and Eun Joo went into Ji Hyo’s house. Eun Joo was very excited. She runs to her flower shop as soon as she got down into the car. “Careful Eun Joo-yah…” Kyung Min shouted.

          “Pretty Unnie~…Pretty Unnie~…” Eun Joo shouted and she enters the flower shop.

          “Hello Eun Joo-yah…” Joong Ki smiles. “What brings our cute little angel here?...” he asked then Kyung Min also enters too. “I came to see Pretty Unnie…Where is she?...” she asked with her cute voice. “I’m sorry but she’s not here…” Joong Ki replies. Eun Joo frowns.

          “I’m sorry that we came without notice…Is she in delivery?...We’ll just wait for her…Eun Joo really wants to see her…” Kyung Min said.

          “No it’s not that…She’s not here…She left a week ago…I’m sorry but I can’t say where she is…I promised her…”

          “Is that so?...Okay…then we’ll be going…Thank you…Let’s go Eun Joo-yah…Pretty Unnie isn’t around…”

          “Bu-t…when she’ll come back?...When can I visit her?...” Eun Joo asked Joong Ki.

          Joong Ki pats her head. “I’m sorry but I don’t know too…”

          “I miss her…Can you tell her I miss her?...”

          “Sure…I’ll tell her…”

          “Thank you Handsome Oppa…Byebye…” Eun Joo smiles and waves her goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

          10:00PM, Kyung Min arrives into Jong Kook’s house carrying the sleeping Eun Joo. He treats her to movie and snacks. Ahjumma gets Eun Joo to Kyung Min and bring her into her room. The ahjumma who originally take care of Eun Joo came back a week ago.

          “Thank you…” Jong Kook said.

          “Just that?...You won’t ask if how is she?...If she’s okay?...If she’s more beautiful?...Well she is because she have a boyfriend now…” Kyung Min said.

          Jong Kook was flustered and looks at him with his wide eyes. “Goo-d for he-r…” he said.

          “Good for her???...You’re really crazy…Aish Jinja…for your information Tiger Ahjussi you’re Ji Hyo is gone…She’s not there…We’re not able to see her…according to her brother she left a week ago…”

          “Where??...”

          “I didn’t ask…and now your concern…look at you…just face it…you miss her and you want to see her…”

          Jong Kook paused and realized his emotions show. “She left because of me…the last thing she said to me is pretend that I don’t know her and she’ll do the same…I hurt her too much…I’m such a bastard…”

          “Well…you really are…” Kyung Min smiles to him and Jong Kook glares at him. “What now?...Do you plan to look for her?...”

          “After tomorrow…I need to talk to someone first…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Early morning, Jong Kook drives his car into the tomb of Eun Hye. The someone he wants to talk too is her. He puts the flowers he brought. “Hey there~…I’m here to tell you something…Eun Hye-yah…there is someone I’m in love with…I’m asking for you blessing with this…I know you’ll be happy for me…but my fears was eating me…but from now on I will try my best to pursue her…I will find her and tell her what I really feel…I will never let her go again…I will fight my fears for her…” he smiles and wipes the tears that fall from his eyes. “I…will fully let you go…Thank you for being a part of my life and for bringing our little angel Eun Joo in this world…I love you and Goodbye my guardian angel…” he added and looks at the blue sky seeing the smiling face of Eun Hye.

          Lunch, Jong Kook went into the RM restaurant. “Oh Jong Kook-ah what brings you here?...” Jae Suk asked him. He bows to him. “Hyung…Can I talk to Haha?...” he said. “Haha-yah…he wants to talk to you…” Jae Suk shouted to the kitchen. “Who?...” Haha asked and get out at the kitchen.

          “Can I talk to you?...” Jong Kook asked him.

          Haha didn’t say a thing but get out from the restaurant and walk into the nearest park. Jong Kook follows him. Haha sat at the vacant bench. “What brings you here?...” Haha said with coldness in his voice. “I want to know where I can find her…” he said.

          “For what?...To hurt her more…That won’t happen again…” Haha said with anger.

          “No…I want to see her…I want to--…”

          “You hurt her like crazy…I’ve seen her cry her tears…I never seen her like that…so please stop it…She can forget you just let her be…” Haha said.

          “I LOVE HER….” Jong Kook shouted. “I’m in love with her…I want to see her because I miss her so much…I want to her everything…I want to say sorry…Please tell me where I can find her…”

          Haha was shocked from what he heard. He can’t believe it but looking at him he’s telling the truth.

          “Please…help me…” Jong Kook said.

          “Araseo…but if you’ll hurt her…we’ll surely beat you…”

          “I understand…”

          “She’s in Jeju Island…at the Lotte Hotel…you’ll surely find her there…”

          “Thank you…thank you so much…” he gratefully said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Jong Kook took the first flight in the morning to Jeju Island. She leaves Eun Joo to Kyung Min’s care. “It’s now or never Jong Kook-ah…Go find and tell her…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          He arrives in Jeju and check in at the Lotte Hotel. He was so tired and he sleeps for hours. After he wakes up, he eats and then walks at the seaside. It was already sunset. He doesn’t know how long he has slept. Just then he saw her. Ji Hyo was running into his direction with smile in her face. “Does she know I’m here?...” he said in his mind.

          She was close but she just passed by him. Jong Kook was left blank and turns his back to look at her.

          “Oppa~…Lee Ji Hoon Oppa~…” Ji Hyo shouted excitedly and hugs the man standing and smiling at her.

          “Am I too late?...Ji Hyo-yah…I’m here…” Jong Kook thought. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi ^~^ I'm back but still busy...I'll try to update if I can...
Thanks for reading :) 
Readers jjang! ^~^ <3